Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
Damn, well, after not having a PC after so long everything else was also updated quite a lot in that time and I've been busy trying out just about everything, I wanted to go into detail about Classes/Thieving since people have trouble with those often but for now I've just "un-chan'd" an old guide real quick.
appreciate that, will be looking forward to a full guide if you're doing one

Vintrion

Dec 21, 2017
appreciate that, will be looking forward to a full guide if you're doing one
A full guide no. I only ever bother with things people commonly ask about. I used to run through the game from start to end several times over so it was easy, but it's easier to miss the small details atm when I haven't been following updates.

Dexter1927

Aug 7, 2019
Is there a reason to get all the achievements again or should I just use cheats as a scene finder?
do you care about the extra points at the start of the game? if you take it as a game yeah the achievements can help for ironman mode , other than that and for reaching the hidden cultist house more easy i can't find other reasons

Shiori栞

Nov 7, 2018
Not to sound cynical, but after all these years, version 0.2.21.3? This is why I very rarely support games on Patreon. They aren't gonna "make a game" they are gonna make people pay them money to lazily add a drawing and occasional animation every so often, for years and years and years, with no final product, like some kind of Live Service EA or Activision crap. I would never pay to support a game that is not intended to have a completed version. Make a game, or don't.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
Not to sound cynical, but after all these years, version 0.2.21.3? This is why I very rarely support games on Patreon. They aren't gonna "make a game" they are gonna make people pay them money to lazily add a drawing and occasional animation every so often, for years and years and years, with no final product, like some kind of Live Service EA or Activision crap. I would never pay to support a game that is not intended to have a completed version. Make a game, or don't.
You do understand that this game is active, i mean really active development.......
Majalis makes one update every week and i mean literally every week. Those weeklies are Patreon only and they they give monthly version to all for free. No one literally no one is forcing you to pay anything if you don't want to.

Reactions: Dingo139

Shiori栞

Nov 7, 2018
You do understand that this game is active, i mean really active development.......
Majalis makes one update every week and i mean literally every week. Those weeklies are Patreon only and they they give monthly version to all for free. No one literally no one is forcing you to pay anything if you don't want to.
Yes I know how their development has been going these last 5 years. Active etc. and now almost at version 0.23. I was supporting them till I realized they wouldn't add a female protag. I remember the polls that asked what they should/will implement if that voter paid for a high enough Patreon tier. My point still stands. This is one of those games that will never, ever be "done". This is the very biggest problem with all Patreon games. Supporting one of them is pretty much life-long.

Reactions: Nessiah

Tokyo Partner

Sep 17, 2017
Yes I know how their development has been going these last 5 years. Active etc. and now almost at version 0.23. I was supporting them till I realized they wouldn't add a female protag. I remember the polls that asked what they should/will implement if that voter paid for a high enough Patreon tier. My point still stands. This is one of those games that will never, ever be "done". This is the very biggest problem with all Patreon games. Supporting one of them is pretty much life-long.
I disagree that the game should have a female protag. This game fundamentally is about a boy trying to become a hero and not a boy pussy cum slut. At the end of the day, the character interaction (I feel) has been handled quite well with this concept, However, I too have begun to dial back on being a patron due to what you said at the tail-end of your comment. I feel like this game will never get finished and just be another Trials in Tainted Space.

Dexter1927

Aug 7, 2019
My point still stands. This is one of those games that will never, ever be "done". This is the very biggest problem with all Patreon games. Supporting one of them is pretty much life-long.
if you cry about this try to go on towers of trample forum, also there are a lot of finished patreon games still, i mean you are basically paying for content and not a finished product(also art and story other than the game), and i mean this is basically patreon in a nutshell, also searching for a female protag in a game called tales of androgyny you don't have a really clear idea on what u doing xD
I feel like this game will never get finished and just be another Trials in Tainted Space.
:cry: I cry every time i think about it, but funny enough i have enough hope that this game will someday have some sorta ending and the patreon will be up for adding new content and stuff

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
if you cry about this try to go on towers of trample forum
Plz i come to other decent game threads to escape that shit show xD

But yeah this sounds like another classic case of someone who skips through the text for the CG (despite text scene later being fleshed out with the aforementioned)

Reactions: Dexter1927

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Yeah if you want to look at someone that has been fluffing the pillow, and not making the bed.. Look at Turbo & wicked whim's sim's 4 mod..

But! This game, and a very few like it fill a very or somewhat selective nitch. I am glad that there making it, and I would assume real life probably does slow things down a bit.

I have had a lot of fun with this one, and have no real right to complain..

Reactions: Dexter1927

Malfred

Jan 29, 2018
well the game IS mostly free (exept for the questline part) and even then they focus more on the sandbox part of the game.
also could someone tell me how to keep my success between versions?
EDIT: just copy the .toadata, got it

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Version numbers are not a progress bar. There will be no version v0.4. Once we're done with the UI, we'll be moving into beta (v0.3), and then the full release will be the next major milestone (v1.0). The game has also not even been in development for four years... if I look back at old comments, we've apparently been working on the game for over five years for several years now (the first comment we got that said that was in 2018, no joke, I have no idea where people get this idea), but, no, development started in August of 2016 during that year's lewd game jam on itch.io while I was on a week of PTO from work, and we didn't start working on the game full time until 2018, when I left my old job and Alis started working on it full time instead of working on patron-voted non-ToA art as well.

We also got complaints when we first increased the version number from v0.1 to v0.2 because, like, we show progress every week. Of course you're not going to see a sudden discontinuous jump from one version's progress to the next. Although this time, we are actually keeping the bulk of the UI work under wraps for exactly this reason. If it hadn't been for that backlash, we would have incremented to v0.3 when we moved onto content creation for existing characters, to signal that, but we decided against it, since the last time it led to confusion.

For future reference, our versioning system: the first number is the release number. It's 0 right now because the game is in development, it'll be 1 after release and that's it. The second number is the major version. It represents the phase of development - you can think of it like v0.1 being the pre-alpha, v0.2 being the alpha, v0.3 being the beta, and it'll reset to 0 for the v1.0 release, and then that number will go up if we do "expansion" style post-release content. There would have been more major version updates (ie, v0.2.13 would have been v0.3.00, which would mean that we would be in v0.3.10.1 right now) if the previous one had gone differently.

The third number, which, again, is not a progress bar, is the minor version. With our release schedule there's a new one every month. If we worked 170 hour weeks for an entire month, using shadow clones and time turners and all that, that number would increase by 1. Literally, no matter what, that number will increase by 1 per month, unless we're hospitalized or something and have to miss one, which hasn't happened yet. It's two digits, unlike the other numbers, because a development phase will definitely last longer than ten months.

The fourth number is the patch number - how many patches a minor version has received. This increments every time there's a new release, and it helps us keep track of the appearance of bugs and the like. Typically, there's one of these each week for the weekly releases (so 4 or 5 on a given month depending on how many Saturdays there are), but if we discover a crash bug or something like that we'll release a hotfix. The changelog only contains these versions for the current month, which get collapsed into a minor version (monthly) changelog at the end of the month.

There's nothing magical about the version number. The version prior to release will not be v0.99. Spelunky did that, and I thought it was funny, but that is not typically how version numbers work. Different teams use different versioning formats, and the main goal for versions is to establish what version a user is using to isolate bugs and to ensure they've updated properly (if, for instance, they're not seeing some new content or feature), not to "count up" towards some sort of milestone.

Dexter1927

Aug 7, 2019
Version numbers are not a progress bar.

There's nothing magical about the version number.
Funny thing i always saw the version number like that because that's how IT school teach it, but its also sad that i you can simply use common sense to understand it, also can i ask something ? what are you a writer a programmer or you studied all by yourself? xD

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes