Vintrion

Dec 21, 2017
I always play objectively in ToA and always avoid starvation but mainly to avoid it I only play seeds I know have a small first zone so I can rush straight to the quests and get everything sorted/bought before I dump whatever gold remains on the inn to bump up food before Quetz/second zone. The generation can just outright fuck you over with an overly huge world. They sometimes provide routes to allow you to bypass Naga/Wasp but not always.

What always gets me about Urka is that even from defeating her in 6 rounds from Ultra Fireball spam she always regards you as a 'strong warrior' and not just a cheap-shotting mage. Which, just being Enchanter is enough for Ultra Fireball spam.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
hey, I get the logic, but it's poorly conveyed in-game. that's why people are confused. If there was an event where that happened to someone else, before it happened to you, no one would complain.
I agree with you on that, the info is there, but it's really light and you can miss it (it's like a little warning telling you that if you're strong it's gonna be bad or something), but i also understand that "lore-wise", almost no one know what the fuck the werewolves are (hence the brothel madame quest to know more about them).
But i also understand the next one
Also makes specializing in strenght or similar stats and you know getting stronger in an RPG feel pretty pointless if even one of the most basic enemies is always stronger than us forever regardless of anything just because
I mean, you can manage to become stronger (or equal at least) than a god (quetzal) but you still can't be stronger than a regular werewolf ? doesn't make sense to me.
That you can't be stronger than the giant being representing the litteral land, i understand, but at some point you have to be stronger than a werewolf, right ?
even with the logic of "pretend fight", you can just make another fight with their "real strengh", even if it's another "joke fight" like the giant, just so that people have an understanding of how strong they actually are.
Maybe it's just me but i think it would be better that way.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
I agree with you on that, the info is there, but it's really light and you can miss it (it's like a little warning telling you that if you're strong it's gonna be bad or something), but i also understand that "lore-wise", almost no one know what the fuck the werewolves are (hence the brothel madame quest to know more about them).
But i also understand the next one

I mean, you can manage to become stronger (or equal at least) than a god (quetzal) but you still can't be stronger than a regular werewolf ? doesn't make sense to me.
That you can't be stronger than the giant being representing the litteral land, i understand, but at some point you have to be stronger than a werewolf, right ?
even with the logic of "pretend fight", you can just make another fight with their "real strengh", even if it's another "joke fight" like the giant, just so that people have an understanding of how strong they actually are.
Maybe it's just me but i think it would be better that way.
I agree with you but the dev team don't seem to.
If I added another fight, people would complain that it's an unwinnable fight, or go looking for strategies on how to win it, like some people do with the giantess. There are ways to avoid the werewolf - either sneaking past her, scouting her out and avoiding her, or placating her another way. Or temporarily reducing your strength.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
I agree with you but the dev team don't seem to.
i would agree with them, but the fact is that people complain that they get fucked by the werewolf anyway, if there is a second fight, even if it's unwinnable, people would understand why they get fucked and would then avoid the fight because they know they can't win.
as of now, it's a constant repeat of "Why am i getting fucked even tho i won ?"
every
single
day

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
They would though.
We already had this discussion so there's no point in having it again.
While I got you, though, I need to ask, for the skills in-game that have a "For each skill level" tag: does the first level also count towards that?
Oh, and what's the difference between kip up and stand up?

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
We already had this discussion so there's no point in having it again.
While I got you, though, I need to ask, for the skills in-game that have a "For each skill level" tag: does the first level also count towards that?
Oh, and what's the difference between kip up and stand up?
The first level counts, yeah. Kip Up instantly returns you to max stability, whereas Stand Up only recovers a portion, but costs less stamina (and can be used with less stamina).

just got an error Majalis_ToA
Thanks. Is it persistent? What did you click when it crashed? It's weird that it didn't load that particular asset... or tried to unload it twice.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
The first level counts, yeah. Kip Up instantly returns you to max stability, whereas Stand Up only recovers a portion, but costs less stamina (and can be used with less stamina).
Thanks for the info, maybe this could be written on the tooltip.
Thanks. Is it persistent? What did you click when it crashed? It's weird that it didn't load that particular asset... or tried to unload it twice.
No, it only happened once. If I recall correctly, I clicked on the level up button when I was on the... fortress? the place next to the black knight.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for the info, maybe this could be written on the tooltip.

No, it only happened once. If I recall correctly, I clicked on the level up button when I was on the... fortress? the place next to the black knight.
Okay, actually figured it out, had to do with loading an unloading third world map assets, so that should be fixed.

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
I think "you cannot defeat werebitches, you can only bore them to leave or excite them in fucking your ass" should be stated more clearly

Reactions: UndeadEve

Advent515

May 8, 2020
I think "you cannot defeat werebitches, you can only bore them to leave or excite them in fucking your ass" should be stated more clearly
This reminds me of werewolves from Disciples 2 where they can be defeated only by magic being physically invincible.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
This reminds me of werewolves from Disciples 2 where they can be defeated only by magic being physically invincible.
Well, in this game, the only enemy who is invincible to physical attacks and may only be defeated by magic is the ghost (the fire elemental is the exact opposite). With the werewolves "in heat" (combat with the feral kind are pretty straightforward) it is basically that you need to lose in order to "win" and you "lose" when you win. I personally find this pretty refreshing as long as this dynamics is limited to to only one or few types of enemies.

Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
Well, in this game, the only enemy who is invincible to physical attacks and may only be defeated by magic is the ghost (the fire elemental is the exact opposite). With the werewolves "in heat" (combat with the feral kind are pretty straightforward) it is basically that you need to lose in order to "win" and you "lose" when you win. I personally find this pretty refreshing as long as this dynamics is limited to to only one or few types of enemies.
oh, I have nothing against this kind of dynamic, I just think there should be more hints about these things.

Either that or being explicit at the start that you have to find the right way to deal with each enemy by yourself and that just overpowering them is not necessarily going to work every time.

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
They can also knot your throat :). Its pretty hot.
I still stand by my opinion a fucking werewolf, possibly the first enemy you meet and just a random member of an entire species, should not be completely impossible to every be stronger than. Its fucking stupid. A god? Sure. An immortal warrior who's been doing this shit for hundreds of years? I guess. A random chick with a tail and a third leg? No.

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
True, but I'm more partial to the knot stimulating the prostate ;)
Prostate stimulation scenes are always super hot in this game

I still stand by my opinion a fucking werewolf, possibly the first enemy you meet and just a random member of an entire species, should not be completely impossible to every be stronger than. Its fucking stupid. A god? Sure. An immortal warrior who's been doing this shit for hundreds of years? I guess. A random chick with a tail and a third leg? No.
it could be implemented better in the plot\lore: they are super-strong but don't give enough of a fuck about those much weaker then themselves so they are not really seen as a threat except if you get too strong.
So this should be a type of information a first-time player can get more explicitly
(We also need better hints Ghostie is invincible without magic)

Ideally, we'd need to reach a point were we DO overpower them: an escalation of Bored->Aroused->Tamed.

Like:
  • if you get defeated: you are a weakling so they don't care for you
  • if you win:
    • if your STR\STA\Whatever points are lower than X: they get bored and leave you alone, unless you present yourself to them for a fuck
    • if your STR\STA\Whatever points are higher than X: they get aroused by a strong potential mate.
      This results into a second stage fight(think the vampires), where they have MUCH higher stats:
      • if you lose: you are a strong enough mate, so they fuck you
      • if you win: they become your bitches

The stats requirement for triggering the second fight should be high enough one wouldn't be able to reach it until reaching relatively high level
No "I maxed my LV2 Warrior's STR and now those bitches are invincible"

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
I can't get over food. I always seem to be on the verge of starving. I don't even play Orcblood, and I frequently end up with scenes I don't want (like passing out and losing anal virginity to some unknown beast) because I run out of food. Specifically, this becomes a problem for me in the mossy expanse, where there really aren't any towns, and finding food comes down to the luck of your cache and "humanoid" trader node spawns...

Even with a Hunger Charm, how do you either gain a lot of food, or slow food loss to a crawl?
As someone who's been playing on android (means no stat editing for me)
I found food problem best solved with cheat option. Even in Ironman.
How? You enable the cheat until you are about to enter a scene which results in progress or unlocking a achievement, go to menu, disable the cheat and play the scene. The game only cares what your cheat status is the moment you trigger that scene (dont let Maj find out or he'll fix it!)

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
For me it was actually nice how they made the combat system to NOT be linear.
For wereslut you (high strength) you have to be smart and stop thinking like a troll (-read with a retarded voice- smash smash smash)
You can fuck them to submission or give them handjob.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes