Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
Thank you for helping me out there, i really think that i might be on the spectrum, or maybe it's just that the internet is like this nowadays and you have to take everything at face value.

Or both, i wouldn't be surprised.
No problem, i tried to do same as you but i gave up cause trying to say Please Use Search Function didnt do anything. Same question could be asked in the same page multiple times, sigh.........

C4dn3

Aug 27, 2017
Just a heads up to people with the scuffed screen resolution, I have fixed this problem on my end by changing windows scaling settings to 100%, it's in display settings.

Update:
Setting Windows scaling above 100% will break ToA's resolution (pic below).
1615217651812.png
However, setting a custom scaling in Advanced settings will work, I've tested with 125% resolution and it worked.

Last edited:

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
i made an even better guide that i am going to link people like you from now on, since i'm that nice of a guy.

View attachment 1073601

Hope you like my mad paint skills, and if for some reason you still manage to fuck up, then i feel sorry for you, this is the way how you update your windows version to the newest one.

Fuck you for making me do this again, i loathe you and myself for sinking to this level.

I managed to figure out what was causing the problem, no thanks to you repeating your instructions, though I did enjoy putting you through all of that (I think you might be a masochist and you secretly enjoy this process). Makes some sense. And was amusing.

Anyway, on to the meat of the actual problem that you failed to identify and may actually be causing others problems.

Perhaps this will help some other wayward soul.

I had Java installed, and this prevents the Windows version from working properly with the updated .jar file.

If Java is installed then it doesn't matter if you start the game with the .exe file or with the .jar file because you end up with a game that doesn't work properly. You can't go full screen and a lot of the text is really blurry and hard to read. If you change the resolution then chunks of the game bleed off of the screen. It simply doesn't work correctly.

I uninstalled Java and then the .exe file did in fact work. But the crucial step was not having Java installed.

I will note that the older version worked with windows regardless of whether Java was installed or not.

The new update simply won't run properly on a Windows 64 machine if Java is installed. At least that was true for me. I am not a computer scientist and I don't know how anyone else's computer works. I am only reporting the facts as I experienced them.

All I know is that on my computer Java being installed was the actual problem, and not my smooth brain.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
I managed to figure out what was causing the problem, no thanks to you repeating your instructions, though I did enjoy putting you through all of that (I think you might be a masochist and you secretly enjoy this process). Makes some sense. And was amusing.

Anyway, on to the meat of the actual problem that you failed to identify and may actually be causing others problems.

Perhaps this will help some other wayward soul.

I had Java installed, and this prevents the Windows version from working properly with the updated .jar file.

If Java is installed then it doesn't matter if you start the game with the .exe file or with the .jar file because you end up with a game that doesn't work properly. You can't go full screen and a lot of the text is really blurry and hard to read. If you change the resolution then chunks of the game bleed off of the screen. It simply doesn't work correctly.

I uninstalled Java and then the .exe file did in fact work. But the crucial step was not having Java installed.

I will note that the older version worked with windows regardless of whether Java was installed or not.

The new update simply won't run properly on a Windows 64 machine if Java is installed. At least that was true for me. I am not a computer scientist and I don't know how anyone else's computer works. I am only reporting the facts as I experienced them.

All I know is that on my computer Java being installed was the actual problem, and not my smooth brain.
And i should've known that you had java installed.... how? Since the way i've provided has worked for... i don't know, everyone else?

Who even has java installed anymore?

Lunchpind

Jun 22, 2020
View attachment 1072795

Why do i even bother?

Okay, i'm going to do a step by step guide yet again, please try to keep up with it.

1st: Download the windows version from OP
2nd: Download the newest .jar from #10,434
3rd: Unpack the windows version where you want
4th: Then take the newest .jar file and replace old one in the windows version with it
5th: Use the .exe to play
6th: If the version number at the bottom right corner on the opening menu screen has "Version: 0.3.06.1 Patron-only build" then congratulations, you managed to follow the directions that have been given over and over again in this thread which you somehow were not unable to find.

As someone new to the game and this website, thank you for these step by step instructions. Even my drunk alchoholic ass could do this a half a 12-pack in.

Reactions: Mr.Win

Roding

Jan 16, 2018
View attachment 1072795

Why do i even bother?

Okay, i'm going to do a step by step guide yet again, please try to keep up with it.

1st: Download the windows version from OP
2nd: Download the newest .jar from #10,434
3rd: Unpack the windows version where you want
4th: Then take the newest .jar file and replace old one in the windows version with it
5th: Use the .exe to play
6th: If the version number at the bottom right corner on the opening menu screen has "Version: 0.3.06.1 Patron-only build" then congratulations, you managed to follow the directions that have been given over and over again in this thread which you somehow were not unable to find.
just saw this

thanks for helping with getting me to update this game :)

Movikx

Oct 23, 2018
And i should've known that you had java installed.... how? Since the way i've provided has worked for... i don't know, everyone else?

Who even has java installed anymore?

yeah, again, and remember then the .JAR file must be named exactly ' TalesOfAndrogyny ', because the game will not open if the name is wrong

Movikx

Oct 23, 2018
The quality is shit but for the love of God someone put this in the first page for the guys who still have problem with the search tool.

------Updated Tutorial--------

-----------------The video show exactly what I am saying below--------------------

1- Download any windows version from the first page, which will give you a .RAR file.

2- Extract it, you will get those 6 files.

3- Then download the last Java version, which will give you a .JAR file.

4- DELETE the .JAR file that comes in the windows .RAR file, and put the updated .JAR file in the folder.

I know some people are messing around, but I will never answer this goddam question again

Key-fukinwords- update updated last lastversion version last version lastest version lastestversion ultimate fucking version how howto how to update howtoupdate how toupdate how do i update this beautyful game how do I fukin update the game why the warlock is the best girl why we are here... just suffering?
FlyingKitty – Here We Go Again Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Reactions: Blue Guy

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Either we regressed or the modern age of communications is making it easier to see that there might be far more idiots out there than you'd like to think even compared to as little as a decade or less ago. Besides, to be fair "we" didn't go to the moon... it's more accurate that only 24 Americans did, half of them actually setting foot on the surface. The rest of us idiots just watched from our TV's in awe.

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys! I'm sorry, but about the Java version, does anyone know how to make it work? hahaha, nah I'm kidding, I just thought it was weird we had like, two comments without someone asking.

What I came to say is, do (does?) Majalis follow any kind of order when deciding what art to make next other than the patreon polls? I just find it weird how there is no art for some of the earlier scenes and then, after tons of artless scenes you suddenly find some scattered around the second or third map out of the blue.

I think they should clear the first area first (wasp lady sex, elf girl sex and so) before making art for the further areas (like the minotaur sex scene for example, which I have to say, is fucking great nonetheless).

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes