Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
And also the art is in a very comic book, simple style which this one isn't. To each their own, but if you like a less detailed style of art I think it is unfair to complain that the more detailed style doesn't come faster

guleed yusuf

Mar 24, 2018
And also the art is in a very comic book, simple style which this one isn't. To each their own, but if you like a less detailed style of art I think it is unfair to complain that the more detailed style doesn't come faster
My guy these are not 1 piece of art but entire cg sets with a beginning middle and end. The art doesnt say one thing and the story another.

The update came with a new character and a new costume in a month and a half. My guy dont defend random stuff

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
I remember when Jorja, KnoweldgeAlfa, and others all got along and were relatively friendly.

I say this as a non-fanboy, neutral party: everyone, please calm the fuck down.
I appreciate the dampening of temperature. It just strikes me as particularly arrogant to bite the hand that feeds you. Especially when said hand *objectively* (not subjectively) feeds you so generously and well.

Sometimes the temperature heats up for good reason.

MomijiH

Apr 17, 2019
The glitched save file scene is longer than I recall seeing after the last time I got it.

I wonder if there will eventually be a fourth wall breaking scene with Hiro and Troja.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
I definitely understand the opinion that this game is progressing too slowly, it IS still progressing though. Maybe they're making more money than they should, maybe they aren't, but I don't see them using any truly shady business practices, pay 5$ and you get a demo with all the content that's currently in instead of say... pay 5$ and get a demo with only that update's enemy. Right?

That being said, there are still some rather nasty balance issues that I'm rather perplexed at their continued existence. The seduction vampire, for instance, can do lust moves and sex attacks while you've got her grappled and are in the dominant position, like I've got her pinned on the ground and she breaks the pin by starting a hand-job. Even worse if you paralyze her with the spell you'll end up stuck in a sex (receptive) stance while she does nothing until the spell ends!

As far as I can tell this happens because she only uses lust and sex attacks, sex attacks have the highest priority, and sex attacks by the enemy take priority over those of the player ( no matter what your stats are, since I've set mine all to 11 ). All sex attacks should require the initiator to be in a dominant position in a grapple, be ignorable ( wanna give me a handy in the middle of a fight? fine, I'll chop your arm off then ) , or have corresponding escape moves that cause damage ( because the AI is just going to initiate the exact same sex move again, and an endless loop of nothing happening is a big nono ). This isn't something new and back when I discovered this game (before enemies would be satisfied by enough sex ) it would lead to half-hour loops of the enemy just jerking around doing sex moves until I reloaded.

Bleeding's still cancer for christ sake! Enemies will bleed to death while grappling with you. Hell I killed the goddess with 1 riposte and blocking for the rest of the fight while trying to get her knotting scene to initiate. Just bled out while I hid behind my shield. Granted this is a bit of an "the AI isn't smart enough to help itself" issue, but the real problem is that the player isn't offered any weapons with different status effects ( or none at all! ) at the shop.

There are finally ways to progress your character's stats in the game, and yet health can't be increased, what's with that?

Why are golems the only way to get magic crystals? Being needed for both spells and crafting gear means there should definitely be more ways to acquire them, instead of hoping you don't run out of food while waiting for RNG to roll for more golems after you've cleared the map.

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Maybe offer more criticism than "Lack of content" because there's clearly content being added with each update. That's a transparent lie.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. People can then agree or disagree with that opinion. There is no need to ever make things personal when you happen to disagree with someone. That only shows a huge sign of immaturity on that person's part in my opinion.

I'm also not questioning if there has been new content added. What I'm questioning is that content good and is it worthy of our time? I think you know my feelings on that. Take a look at my posts from a year ago and you will see nothing but praise. Sadly as time has gone by that early praise has turned to utter dissatisfaction and total disappointment. As far as solutions go I have stated them time and time again yet they fall on deaf ears and are just met with more personal attacks from the fanboys who can't seem to be able to accept any criticism when it comes to this game.

I will state however that in my opinion as the months have gone by I personally feel that we are in the exact same place with the "game" as we were towards the beginning of 2019 as it's the same tired formula week after week and month after month. It never changes. It's always an extremely small amount of new images and a couple of paragraphs of text that does very little to tie the game together as a cohesive whole.

There is no significant story progression yet this is being billed as an erotic fantasy RPG so where are the quests and where are the dungeons? Why has there not been any new maps, towns, and places to explore in over a year? When will we get some content that is substantial and significant added to this game? When will the characters be fleshed out and their motivations for being made known? Where is the lore that explains the how's and why's of this world? Good games do this and conversely poor games do not.

You have a combat system that some find to be overly convoluted, I do not but I do find it extremely limited and repetitive because once you figure it out you just spam the same 4 moves for victory, yet there has been no attempt to streamline it or make any improvements to it. I also ask what is even the point of fighting, earning experience, and leveling up when it makes no real difference to the game if you win or lose most encounters? How much better would this game be if it were party-based and used a system perhaps similar to a Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics instead? Imagine having Urka, Trudy, and Kyrila fighting alongside our Hiro gaining experience. Being able to outfit them, assigning their abilities, and have all of this visually represented in the game as well. Sadly I know this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

So, in conclusion, am I really that wrong to want more than what we are currently getting? Am I the only one who wants to see a real game here to go along with the erotic or are we all content at just having a mindless fapping simulator? Are most of you honestly content with the way the game has progressed over the course of this year? Is it possible to have a grown-up discussion regarding this game that does not lead to petty name-calling and embarrassing childish behavior or is this too much to ask or expect from some of you?

I will accept any civil discussions regarding this post and will 100% absolutely ignore any further attempts to troll me.

Good day and God Bless.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]
So, in conclusion, am I really that wrong to want more than what we are currently getting? Am I the only one who wants to see a real game here to go along with the erotic or are we all content at just having a mindless fapping simulator? Are most of you honestly content with the way the game has progressed over the course of this year? Is it possible to have a grown-up discussion regarding this game that does not lead to petty name-calling and embarrassing childish behavior or is this too much to ask or expect from some of you?
Expecting more from the game is not wrong. Pretty sure everyone around here wants more story, more from the gameplay mechanics, more sex scenes etcetera.
But you don't get to go around here calling others childish when yourself insist on trying to spread misinformation about how their patreon payments work in a attempt to throw shade at the developers, even though this has been debunked for quite some time.

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
I'm also not questioning if there has been new content added. What I'm questioning is that content good and is it worthy of our time and our money?

Am I really that wrong to want more than what we are currently getting? Is it possible for me to have a grown-up discussion regarding this game that does not lead my childish behavior?

I will accept any civil discussions to this post.
I'm glad you have now decided to have a grown-up discussion...

1. You are not paying for this content, you are pirating it. Therefore - yes, it is worth the $0 you paid for it.

2. You are the one investing your time into this. Therefore if you deem the content to not be worth your valuable time, you are well within your rights to discontinue the investment of your time. However, we do not need to be informed of this personal journey.

3. You are not wrong to want more than you are receiving. I also want more than I get in many aspects of life. You are wrong to antagonise the developer for no constructive reason. You are wrong to impose your own viewpoint onto the future of this project.

There are well-meaning people who agree with you and there is a thread for you all to discuss your preferences and ideas for a different game in the 'Mods' forum. This thread is for the appreciation and views on the game made by a developer called Majalis. If you have some genuine feedback for them that fits within the framework of their project, then you're in the right place. If you think that their artwork is "wrong", and that the main character is a "butterface", then perhaps you need to raise that in a different thread, friend.

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
So criticism isn't allowed? That's what it sounds like you're saying.
I think *constructive* criticism is a valuable tool and any developer who disagrees with that soon finds themselves at odds with their support base. However, I didn't say criticism isn't allowed. You either misunderstood or misrepresented posts to say that.

If you disagree, then please explain how telling a developer that their artwork is "wrong" or that their main character has a "butterface" is constructive to the project? I am really asking...

Reactions: bucket90

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
I think *constructive* criticism is a valuable tool and any developer who disagrees with that soon finds themselves at odds with their support base. However, I didn't say criticism isn't allowed. You either misunderstood or misrepresented posts to say that.

If you disagree, then please explain how telling a developer that their artwork is "wrong" or that their main character has a "butterface" is constructive to the project? I am really asking if there is a way to spin that...
Well, inconsistencies in art tend to be immersion breaking for one. Though since this is an erotic game, maybe fap breaking would be more of a concern?

Hypothetically there's inaccuracies to consider as well, given that there's a decent amount of text in the game one would expect the art to depict what's described in the text. Furthermore sometimes things just don't look right, if say it looks like a character has arms attached to their knees. In those cases the artwork would quantify as "wrong" would it not?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
Well, inconsistencies in art tend to be immersion breaking for one. Though since this is an erotic game, maybe fap breaking would be more of a concern?

Hypothetically there's inaccuracies to consider as well, given that there's a decent amount of text in the game one would expect the art to depict what's described in the text. Furthermore sometimes things just don't look right, if say it looks like a character has arms attached to their knees. In those cases the artwork would quantify as "wrong" would it not?
You appear willing to hold an adult conversation and not descend into calling everyone a white-knight, or an 'alt', which I thank you for.

With respect super, you've (perhaps through honest mistake! moved the goalposts here... Maj had already stated that art more closely resembling the text is coming in the future. Thus, there is no argument here, other than argument with time.

If a characters depiction looks like their arms are attached to their knees, then tell the dev about it! I'm sure they want to know! I don't think anyone would argue with you on this...not me. This there is no argument here either.

Do please address my first question...how does telling an artist that their work is"wrong" or that their character had a "butterface" (with no further feedback) qualify as constructive feedback?

What are your thoughts?

sadsadbear

Feb 5, 2018
Obviously, faster work can be done if you develop a technical pipeline, as many artists have, by committing to a more singular style, but that isn't how Alis has ever operated - look through our gallery on, say, hentaifoundry, and you'll see that she approaches most of her pictures using different techniques and styles, and always has. It also absolutely takes longer to correctly compose a picture involving two or more people having sex, which has been most of our pictures recently (though new character designs have their own challenges and typically involve even more revisions).
Why must it be that way though? You are developing for ONE game. To have a sense of continuity and coherence, a game must stick to the same themes and methods as much as possible.

I'm not sure what your mindset is while developing this game, but whatever it is, it is not the right approach to game development in my opinion. When making a product, the goal is to stick to the fastest processes, while maintaining the quality that the audience expect and enjoy. And as far as I can tell, most people were already settled in, in terms of art quality, by sometime last year, when I was still subscribing to you. At that point, most people cared less about how much the artworks have evolved, and more about expansion of content.

Of course, like all other artists, you'd want to improve and get better, but experimental works should be done outside those which are intended for the game. Then after you completed the game and want to utilize your new skills and styles, you either remake the game from start to finish with this new and improved style, or you develop a new game entirely(which I know you had publicly admitted to having desire to, and it was in bad taste considering the current state of the game).

In terms of development time, this game was long overdue. I understand how it would be unfair to compare you two to the Japanese doujin devs because they have been doing this far longer than anyone else and they have their own community to back them up, but losing to the Chinese of all people is especially painful for us observers to look at. Sword Maiden of the Azure Dragon and Latex Dungeon Advance are already complete experiences even though they started much later than you.

This is an honest advice from me, not flaming or raging or trolling;

1. You two need to get your shit together. Prioritize doing what you need instead of what you want, or even what the patrons want. The patrons will surely get their favorite character done in time, but if you jump everytime someone throws a tantrum and want his fringe fetish implemented A.S.A.P., NO ONE'S FAVORITE CHARACTER WILL EVER HAVE COMPLETE FEATURE SETS.

Of course, you have no choice if someone paid big money to have you implement their fetish immediately, but keep in mind that other patrons might not be so pleased. If they band together and plot to ditch you en masse, you're fucked.

2. Get the characters done one by one, and don't jump from one character to the next. It will be less jarring to watch one character have a set of artworks with similar style and quality, than to see the artwork quality being so different from one scene to the next(continuity).

3. Set in stone the features of the battle system and animation, work within that plan and make sure they are all implemented for all characters. For example, there's no good excuse for you to keep that assfucking animation exclusive to Brigand; people who followed the game from 2016 expected that feature game-wide for all characters, yet here we are today

Keep in mind, you can still survive developing this game how you're doing it until now because your subject matter is niche and you have no real competition in this niche. But one day, when one of the Chinese decides to pick on this niche as well and do it better than you, you will lose all clout you have today. Hell, if my day job magically less busy for at least a year from now and someone is willing to co-develop with me on the programming side, I might be competing against you too.

Last edited:

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
Why must it be that way though? You are developing for ONE game. To have a sense of continuity and coherence, a game must stick to the same themes and methods as much as possible.

I'm not sure what your mindset is while developing this game, but whatever it is, it is not the right approach to game development in my opinion. When making a product, the goal is to stick to the fastest processes, while maintaining the quality that the audience expect and enjoy. And as far as I can tell, most people were already settled in, in terms of art quality, by sometime last year, when I was still subscribing to you. At that point, most people cared less about how much the artworks have evolved, and more about expansion of content.

Of course, like all other artists, you'd want to improve and get better, but experimental works should be done outside those which are intended for the game. Then after you completed the game and want to utilize your new skills and styles, you either remake the game from start to finish with this new and improved style, or you develop a new game entirely(which I know you had publicly admitted to having desire to, and it was in bad taste considering the current state of the game).

In terms of development time, this game was long overdue. I understand how it would be unfair to compare you two to the Japanese doujin devs because they have been doing this far longer than anyone else and they have their own community to back them up, but losing to the Chinese of all people is especially painful for us observers to look at. Sword Maiden of the Azure Dragon and Latex Dungeon Advance are already complete experiences even though they started much later than you.

This is an honest advice from me, not flaming or raging or trolling;

1. You two need to get your shit together. Prioritize doing what you need instead of what you want, or even what the patrons want. The patrons will surely get their favorite character done in time, but if you jump everytime someone throws a tantrum and want his fringe fetish implemented A.S.A.P., NO ONE'S FAVORITE CHARACTER WILL EVER HAVE COMPLETE FEATURE SETS.

Of course, you have no choice if someone paid big money to have you implement their fetish immediately, but keep in mind that other patrons might not be so pleased. If they band together and plot to ditch you en masse, you're fucked.

2. Get the characters done one by one, and don't jump from one character to the next. It will be less jarring to watch one character have a set of artworks with similar style and quality, than to see the artwork quality being so different from one scene to the next(continuity).

3. Set in stone the features of the battle system and animation, work within that plan and make sure they are all implemented for all characters. For example, there's no good excuse for you to keep that assfucking animation exclusive to Brigand; people who followed the game from 2016 expected that feature game-wide for all characters, yet here we are today

Keep in mind, you can still survive developing this game how you're doing it until now because your subject matter is niche and you have no real competition in this niche. But one day, when one of the Chinese decides to pick on this niche as well and do it better than you, you will lose all clout you have today. Hell, if my day job magically less busy for at least a year from now and someone is willing to co-develop with me on the programming side, I might be competing against you too.
Majalis_ToA As a programmer, please ignore everything stated here. It is wrong.

Helm

Jun 10, 2017
Use the "hit the deck" ability and roll onto your back.
Apologies, but hit the deck and roll onto your back was the angel submission outcome of the fight.
Previously I heard the pacifist was to keep blocking....but that just left me in an endless loop.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes