PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
What version of java do you recommend?
No clue. That's why I use the version with the jre instead of the jar. Unless the weekly version is bundled with the jre, you may just have to use the monthly. Alternatively, I suppose you could just replace the monthly jar with the weekly to stay up with the patreon version. I assume it will interact with the exe and the jre as the other would.
It's fine, you just need to run it through the .exe. Everyone having save issues is having the exact same issue that was immediately solved over a week ago.
I think this is false. If I recall it still effects people, as well as mac especially. I seem to remember the dev telling people to inform them if the problem persists with this new version.

• Angry
Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
No clue. That's why I use the version with the jre instead of the jar. Unless the weekly version is bundled with the jre, you may just have to use the monthly. Alternatively, I suppose you could just replace the monthly jar with the weekly to stay up with the patreon version. I assume it will interact with the exe and the jre as the other would.

I think this is false. If I recall it still effects people, as well as mac especially. I seem to remember the dev telling people to inform them if the problem persists with this new version.
I am the dev. The current issue with the mac build which I'm seeing some people have is the window of the game opening off screen, possibly related to scaling. The save issue, particularly as it occurs with that ByteBuffer error, is just a matter of people not running the game with Java 11 (ie, running the .jar instead of the application file, and having a Java 8 installation in their JAVA_HOME variable).

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
I am the dev. The current issue with the mac build which I'm seeing some people have is the window of the game opening off screen, possibly related to scaling. The save issue, particularly as it occurs with that ByteBuffer error, is just a matter of people not running the game with Java 11 (ie, running the .jar instead of the application file, and having a Java 8 installation in their JAVA_HOME variable).
My mistake. I didn't pay attention to the name of the poster and simply responded to the post.:censored: The mac issue was what I was referring to as I thought I remembered you saying that you hadn't yet solved that issue. As I told the other user, the issue was his java version. I learned that jdk16 won't work with this game, so I just use the app instead of the .jar. I am assuming that is his issue as well.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
My mistake. I didn't pay attention to the name of the poster and simply responded to the post.:censored: The mac issue was what I was referring to as I thought I remembered you saying that you hadn't yet solved that issue. As I told the other user, the issue was his java version. I learned that jdk16 won't work with this game, so I just use the app instead of the .jar. I am assuming that is his issue as well.
Yeah, I upped it from Java 8 to 11. Windows and Linux both should just run the application so it uses the packaged jre, and Mac as well, though we're still ironing out a few issues on Mac.

Reactions: Twiton

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
For reasons that elude me, using the save menu during the game crashes it, but opening it on the menu screen doesn't.

Then again, i do not use that menu that often and just use F5/F8 for my needs.

It doesn't give me an error log or error message, it just shuts down without notification.

It also started few updates back, before that it worked fine and yes, i use the .exe to launch, unlike the people that seem to be complaining right now.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: wahnsinn and Twiton

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
For reasons that elude me, using the save menu during the game crashes it, but opening it on the menu screen doesn't.

It doesn't give me an error log or error message, it just shuts down without notification.

It also started few updates back, before that it worked fine and yes, i use the .exe to launch, unlike the people that seem to be complaining right now.
yeah, basically you can Load a save from the Menu, but trying to Save in game or load a new save while in game will crash, though quicksave and quickload work. So what you could do is do a quicksave, then go into the files and make a copy of the quicksave, then rename it to save(1-9). Just a work around for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twiton and PBS666

eazou

Aug 28, 2021
It took a while to translate it into my native language with Translator++,
then I found that the font file of the game was .fnt, which could not be displayed at all.
sad

• Sad

Mawang

Jul 14, 2019
It took a while to translate it into my native language with Translator++,
then I found that the font file of the game was .fnt, which could not be displayed at all.
sad
You can try switching the font in game options, maybe the Arial option uses a generic font that will work with your transaltion

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019

yeah, basically you can Load a save from the Menu, but trying to Save in game or load a new save while in game will crash, though quicksave and quickload work. So what you could do is do a quicksave, then go into the files and make a copy of the quicksave, then rename it to save(1-9). Just a work around for now.
Can confirm .exe still crashes upon save.
If you get a crash with no error message on hitting save with the .exe, it's because the packaged jre is wrong, so the .exe is running with the wrong version of java. You need to do a fresh install and run the .exe.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
If you get a crash with no error message on hitting save with the .exe, it's because the packaged jre is wrong, so the .exe is running with the wrong version of java. You need to do a fresh install and run the .exe.
FYI, on the latest Mac app (3.13.2), saving to an empty slot crashes the game. Saving to an occupied slot gives a dialog box asking if I want to overwrite the save, but with no option to answer yes or no. Clicking this dialog box crashes the game. Quicksave claims it's saving the game, but it does not. Closing the save dialog crashes the game as well.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Downloading the fully packaged 3.13 and replacing the .jar with the 3.13.2 still results in a save crash.
Unless you mean something else by "fresh install"?

Minor gripe, but "Assault made more costly" changenote fails to mention that, additionally, the attack's destabilizing factor has been nixed entirely:oops:
I don't control the delivery method for here. A fresh install is downloading the .zip or .rar that contains all of the relevant files, extracting it to its own directory, and running the application file.

FYI, on the latest Mac app (3.13.2), saving to an empty slot crashes the game. Saving to an occupied slot gives a dialog box asking if I want to overwrite the save, but with no option to answer yes or no. Clicking this dialog box crashes the game. Quicksave claims it's saving the game, but it does not. Closing the save dialog crashes the game as well.
That dialogue box normally has no Yes/No, you just click on it to confirm the overwrite, so it sounds like saving is the issue there, though it's likely a separate issue from on the other platforms. On the other platforms it's not actually the saves that are breaking, but generating a screenshot for the save menu (this is why it crashes on the world map, but the same menu opened via the main menu doesn't crash.)

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I don't control the delivery method for here. A fresh install is downloading the .zip or .rar that contains all of the relevant files, extracting it to its own directory, and running the application file.

That dialogue box normally has no Yes/No, you just click on it to confirm the overwrite, so it sounds like saving is the issue there, though it's likely a separate issue from on the other platforms. On the other platforms it's not actually the saves that are breaking, but generating a screenshot for the save menu (this is why it crashes on the world map, but the same menu opened via the main menu doesn't crash.)
No Yes/No in the dialogue box. Same when trying to delete a save.

When it crashes, it indeed mentions a problem with a screenshot:
Error: Error copying source file: .toa-data/screenshot.jpg (Local)
To destination: .toa-data/save1.jpg (Local)

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes