RPGM Abandoned Tales of Elyssia [v0.01] [Ero-Sen Games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Warlan

Jun 20, 2017
don't mind my ignorance but what is MTL? something to do with a novel?
MTL stands for machine translation. Another description that is commonly used is "google translate". MTL is often very broken when it translates from certain languages like Japanese. It it sometimes used as a joke or insult here, when someones work has alot of broken English in it.

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
MTL stands for machine translation. Another description that is commonly used is "google translate". MTL is often very broken when it translates from certain languages like Japanese. It it sometimes used as a joke or insult here, when someones work has alot of broken English in it.
if there seem to be a lack or english in the game, its either a mistake made because of too many words, or just a way of making the game funnier, for example Gob, the Goblin in the Sewers have a really broken english, it was meant as Humor, its sometimes funnier to see someone lacking in language, than to see someone jokes, lol

Jan 10, 2019
So, i tried all characters, and while there isn't much content yet (unless i missed it which isn't unlikely) i liked what was there.

Your writing is understandable but could use some work. Mostly the punctuation when the sentences are longer (like the text when choosing Aelen). It might be better to divide it up into several shorter sentences. The dialogs are ok, sometimes the pacing feels a bit off (but that is just me nitpicking and a not real problem). Also it will probably improve as you gain experience.

Some of the maps feel way to big, namely the world map and city part with the sewers. It takes forever to get somewhere. Right now that's not much of an issue, but it could become tedious in the future if you have to go through everytime you want to visit the shops.

On the other hand i really liked the interior design of the homes and shops. I also like the idea of having to check the weapon racks and tables to buy stuff, it feels immersive.

The battles are quite hard, but that might be because i went without other party members since i couldn't recruit (or sometimes even talk to) them. Not sure if this isn't implemented yet or if i just missed it.

For now Terance and Lucy feel a bit generic, but that is probably because of the early stage of the game.
I like how Aelen seems to dislike being mistaken for a girl all the time since it can lead to some hilarious situations in the future.
My favorite for now is Shelly. Her being blind and working around that using her magic ablilities is a ineresting touch. Although it felt weird when she explained it to her mother, shouldn't she know that?

Gob is a fun little character and i hope that as the story goes on we see more of him.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes and wich you the best of luck with the development.

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
So, i tried all characters, and while there isn't much content yet (unless i missed it which isn't unlikely) i liked what was there.

Your writing is understandable but could use some work. Mostly the punctuation when the sentences are longer (like the text when choosing Aelen). It might be better to divide it up into several shorter sentences. The dialogs are ok, sometimes the pacing feels a bit off (but that is just me nitpicking and a not real problem). Also it will probably improve as you gain experience.

Some of the maps feel way to big, namely the world map and city part with the sewers. It takes forever to get somewhere. Right now that's not much of an issue, but it could become tedious in the future if you have to go through everytime you want to visit the shops.

On the other hand i really liked the interior design of the homes and shops. I also like the idea of having to check the weapon racks and tables to buy stuff, it feels immersive.

The battles are quite hard, but that might be because i went without other party members since i couldn't recruit (or sometimes even talk to) them. Not sure if this isn't implemented yet or if i just missed it.

For now Terance and Lucy feel a bit generic, but that is probably because of the early stage of the game.
I like how Aelen seems to dislike being mistaken for a girl all the time since it can lead to some hilarious situations in the future.
My favorite for now is Shelly. Her being blind and working around that using her magic ablilities is a ineresting touch. Although it felt weird when she explained it to her mother, shouldn't she know that?

Gob is a fun little character and i hope that as the story goes on we see more of him.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes and wich you the best of luck with the development.
thank you so much for the reply, i'm glad you enjoyed it, that is exactly what i hope to achieve, that feel of something immersive, it feels quite real as if it was part of reality, like how in real life you go to store and check shelves, instead of talk to the owner and have him get you the items, as for Shelly, she explain it to her mother and to you, as a gamer, to let you know exactly, it might seem a bit weird, but given her mothers personality, which i'm sure you might notice, is similar to anime Mom's personalities, she have to do exactly the same thing those same anime characters do, which is over and over remind their parents haha, Aelen, and Terance are Funny when together, the game first was that everyone of them can be recruited, Terance can recruit Lucy and/or Aelen, which would lead to a very interesting lines later on, Especially Terance x Aelen, that is will surely be a fan favorite, as it would be very hilarious.. as you might notice, Aelen actually likes Terance XD.

as for Gob, he is actually my most favorite character, he acts almost like how real goblins should, lusty and perverted, small puny and weak, scared most of the time, and dumb he wants women but when he mistakes Aelen for a girl thats what happens..

but the game is very early, i actually have re balanced somethings and wanted to release the new version, it has a bit more story, but considering it still lacks what most of the people want to see which is pics, i will wait a bit longer to make the pics, then release the version, but i'm really glad you liked the game, i hope you will like future updates even more, because it will get interesting.. very interesting

Vanafaye

Donor
Nov 12, 2018
if there seem to be a lack or english in the game, its either a mistake made because of too many words, or just a way of making the game funnier, for example Gob, the Goblin in the Sewers have a really broken english, it was meant as Humor, its sometimes funnier to see someone lacking in language, than to see someone jokes, lol
Your entire post is just a complete run-on sentence. Find somebody to proof-read for you and please don't pretend the horrid grammar is on purpose. You'll probably find that admitting to your mistakes and being humble is best in these cases.

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
Your entire post is just a complete run-on sentence. Find somebody to proof-read for you and please don't pretend the horrid grammar is on purpose. You'll probably find that admitting to your mistakes and being humble is best in these cases.
I'm not pretending. English is not even my first language.. but doesn't matter, I try to improve always

Last edited:

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
> start as Lucy
> enter castle
> can't leave castle
> quit the game
sorry about that, I noticed that I put some doors that do not lead you to where you need to go. when that happens the character gets stuck, I have no finished pics yet, the tool I need is not present. but I might send a more stable version for further testings. as I'm spending hours every day updating it.

Edit: you mean the doors on the roof, yeah sorry about that those are action-based doors, meaning they won't open unless you click

Last edited:

Nerkios

May 8, 2020
for now there is not much but it has potential to be a good game, personally I would make terance a paladin with divine powers to make him a little more interesting

Reactions: drunkenPervert

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
Sorry but health and mana potions that do it over time do not work for combat they just get you killed.
It's meant to be Immersive. Recover % of HP. MP. If you want to recover fast you must sleep. I made it like this. So that at higher levels. The Potions still recover the same % of max HP or MP. In future updates Hopefully after Amazon delivers my tablet Because I'm tired of waiting... There would be other types of Recovery from Food. However. As I said Potions are only as Powerful as your HP. MP. For example from Least to Grand Potion it's. 10%. 20%. 30%. 40%. 50%. And it Recovers 10% of the max amount per second. 10% HP potion on a 100 HP is like 1 HP per second. While the 50% is 5 Per Second. But on 500 HP (which you can get if you have full Iron Armor Set and Wooden Shield on Terance at level 1.) It Recovers 25 Per Second. Later on, you can recover 50% for almost free. Once you start killing mobs so easily.

Side Note: full Iron Gear. With worst Shield on Terance. Makes bats deal 0 damage. It's just that the low levels are so slow.

Ero-Sen Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
for now there is not much but it has potential to be a good game, personally I would make terance a paladin with divine powers to make him a little more interesting
That was my original idea. But the game was more about party members and you can get Lucy to go with you. So I decided to turn him into a Guardian that relies on his Toughness for Combat. But then I changed it. Because having Lucy and the others recruitable. Is going to make a hell of a lot more things to do... Now that I think of it. I might just turn him back into a Paladin.

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
That was my original idea. But the game was more about party members and you can get Lucy to go with you. So I decided to turn him into a Guardian that relies on his Toughness for Combat. But then I changed it. Because having Lucy and the others recruitable. Is going to make a hell of a lot more things to do... Now that I think of it. I might just turn him back into a Paladin.
rip was pretty ok

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote