4.40 star(s) 15 Votes

deadbeatdude

May 24, 2018
I'm all for improving ones art, don't get me wrong. But watching a legitimately fun and interesting game go to development hell because a dev took Miyamoto's quote about delayed games as gospel is one of the worst parts of being into indie games. There are many such cases on here, and unfortunately most of them aren't from the spawngrounds that give us the infinite RPGM and Renpy stock-asset clones.

Like for fucks sake, obviously the main takeway for h-game devs from the tragedy of Sonic 06 wasn't that human princesses shouldn't kiss anthropomorphic hedgehogs, so what the fuck did they learn?

Newad

Jun 24, 2020
P.S.: Does someone have fps drop issues with this demo or is it just my PC?
It runs terribly on my machine, like 1 FPS. I gave up after I waited over a minute for it to finish fading into the main menu and it still wouldn't let me click anything.

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
I truly do not understand the mentality of this particular game on this forum.

It is a very good game that has amazing artwork in both old and new versions.
It is still being made. The creator is active on her discord.

I agree, the time it has taken between updates leaves a lot to be desired. But to discount the quality of the game or even deny the ability to even play it when it can be downloaded on the discord freely or played on Newsgrounds is mind boggling. I've seen games of much less quality in production than this be applauded or appraised for its hopeful future, but this game, in all its beauty and glory, being denied even the fact it is being worked on or able to be played?

Its all there!

Look, here is the FILE! A MEGA download!

I downloaded it off the discord! You can play it! Its the first part of the rework where she is not only recreating all the scenes, but creating new ones, the backgrounds, the gameplay!
Anyone can do that!
I'm absolutely ashamed by the way this game has been treated by the F95 community.

May 23, 2018
It's not denied that it's being worked on ya dingus, the abandoned tag is just auto assigned to games that haven't had an update in a few months, and because no-one reported the newgrounds update (likely due to no downloadable version), it never got rectified. Now that we have a download though, we can update the thread!

MidnightScar

Jan 8, 2018

I agree, the time it has taken between updates leaves a lot to be desired. But to discount the quality of the game or even deny the ability to even play it when it can be downloaded on the discord freely or played on Newsgrounds is mind boggling. I've seen games of much less quality in production than this be applauded or appraised for its hopeful future, but this game, in all its beauty and glory, being denied even the fact it is being worked on or able to be played?

Its all there!

Mega

I downloaded it off the discord! You can play it! Its the first part of the rework where she is not only recreating all the scenes, but creating new ones, the backgrounds, the gameplay!
Anyone can do that!
I'm absolutely ashamed by the way this game has been treated by the F95 community.
Based Lana as always.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018

Its all there!

Mega

Anyone can do that!
I would ignore that kinda thing, while it is valid sometimes when games go over 2-3 (some are 5-7) years with minor updates, or several restarts only to barely have a launcher *COUGH* KRYSTAL *COUGH*, a game like this that isn't even being paywalled (a few days vs. a month wait on some games) doesn't fall into any kind of category like that.

It's not worth getting worked up about either, that's a waste of energy. I've told this to devs and fans of a few games a few times; I'd say you do more by supporting and keeping up with it and giving feedback, than complaining that people are complaining. Some people are just like that and you're fueling them by reacting.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Wake

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
It's not denied that it's being worked on ya dingus, the abandoned tag is just auto assigned to games that haven't had an update in a few months, and because no-one reported the newgrounds update (likely due to no downloadable version), it never got rectified. Now that we have a download though, we can update the thread!
I apologise, I did not mean to target you specifically. I grew weary and wrote a post finally of my feelings following the new update. I hope I did not offend you, I hope truly you enjoy this game

Axle Jones MidnightScar Detective Cancer - Thank you for your kind words, I hope Cella gets the appreciation they deserve from this project

Reactions: Detective Cancer
Dec 21, 2019
A few people expressed disappointment that it looked abandoned, which it 100% did. Then a couple more explained how the abandoned tag works. No updates for nearly 2 years and no patreon posts to show that it's being worked on is more than enough.

I really hope this isn't abandoned :(
You said this yourself last year. Because you know that it looked abandoned. Most people aren't going to obsess to the point that they're in secret patreon only discord channels looking for news like you did, nor should they be expected to.

You're completely fabricating this "unfair treatment." Nobody ever said the game wasn't awesome. It has a 4.5 star rating, and handful of people sad about the lack of updates because they liked what they saw. Several people even asked if the dev was okay after all the silence.

Reactions: deadbeatdude

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
I would ignore that kinda thing, while it is valid sometimes when games go over 2-3 (some are 5-7) years with minor updates, or several restarts only to barely have a launcher *COUGH* KRYSTAL *COUGH*, a game like this that isn't even being paywalled (a few days vs. a month wait on some games) doesn't fall into any kind of category like that.
This game's been in development for nearly 3 years, has had very few updates for its age on top of still slogging through an unnecessary rework, and doesn't have much content at all even before the rework.

It's exactly like the games you're describing. You don't need a paywall (which this dev does have), you just need to barely output anything over long periods of time while still asking for monthly money. There being extreme examples that are worse doesn't discount anything.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
This game's been in development for nearly 3 years, has had very few updates for its age on top of still slogging through an unnecessary rework, and doesn't have much content at all even before the rework.

It's exactly like the games you're describing. You don't need a paywall (which this dev does have), you just need to barely output anything over long periods of time while still asking for monthly money. There being extreme examples that are worse doesn't discount anything.
The thing is, with Patreon it's not like Kickstarter where you're promised a finished product, the dev isn't begging for money.
It's an open bag they leave out for people to drop coins into. If you wanna do that? Cool. If not? Eh~
When you crowdfund you're not entitled to anything that isn't stated in the rewards.
Also the paywall is like.. a week? As opposed to a month or two.

I don't know why this is so hard for so many people to understand.

The difference between this game and something like A Town Uncovered is that dev has had multiple instances of rewriting entire chapters and putting out halfbaked updates that did nothing because 3 people complained and he got his feelings hurt. In the case of Krystal that game was making thousands a month (until they hid it), got an overly ambitious remake in 3D for no reason that had the scope of an MMO and died instantly, and then another one back in 2D with a smaller scope that since the last time I looked at it was just a launcher with what barely passes as a gallery.

This game has been slowly but consistently improving as the dev themselves improves.
It's not the same.

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
Looks like a fun lil game. The way the interactions work and art style are all nice. Wonder how this will turn out one day.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Wake
4.40 star(s) 15 Votes