RPGM - Completed - Taneduke Haramase ☆Mahou Shoujo ~ The RPG~ [v2.11] [Alpaca]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Arabi1

This game tries to be similar to Black Souls 2 (or Fear and Hunger) in terms of gameplay, and this does not reflect my initial impression of what the environment is supposed to be like.

It seems the developer put some effort into the game, but its problem is that you will be lost. There is no list of tasks or a specific path that you know you want to take. Rather, it is a matter of luck that you come across some scenes and advance the story. There are no nsfw at the beginning, you must get lost in the incomprehensible map and encounter some enemies who look like soldiers from World War I.

In short, I gave up. I will wait for a walkthrough or a full save file because I really don't know the way and the atmosphere of the game is tasteless, so I have no motivation to get any deeper into it.

I put 3 stars because I know the game is good for those who love a depressing environment, but at the same time I do not recommend it personally.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Kivenx

There is a lot of grinding for power, not just levels but money and also some power up items.
    The travelling is way too long makes the quests super annoying.
    The combat is ok, but it starts really bad with only one/two characters at the beggining.
    The translation is ok, but sometimes can confuse you.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Ferghus

Yeah, I'm bowing out. The maps, like one of the posts said, are too stupidly large and backtracking is a pain in the ass (and it only gets worse with each floor/chapter). The fights are boring and grindy, the quests are annoying and ought to have been given to you to do all at once, and the story is so generic and boring that I don't care enough to cheat to see what it has to offer. It would have been much more bearable if the devs implemented some QoL things like being able to teleport between the save points, having auto-sprint and auto-battle toggles, stat redistribution, and lower XP requirements. It took me a while to realize Defense doesn't do jack shit. The only stats you'll ever need is Agility, Attack, and HP. I'm running around the map looking for specific enemies the quests want me to find, killing things one at a time with my basic attack, wondering "What the fuck am I doing? After 3 floors, it STILL hasn't gotten better, and it's probably never going to get better." The boss fights break down to having the protag attack every turn and having Alicia heal him every couple turns on repeat until the boss dies.

Speaking of which, Alicia is the only party member you get for the first few chapters. The protag keep saying "thanks, I'll reward you later uhuhu" every time she says something helpful, but you don't actually get an H-scene with her between chapters or anything. The only sex you get from her for a while is the generic scene you get from quite literally putting XP into her. The rest seem to be one-time events with randos that have no impact on the story whatsoever, and they generally come at or near the end of each chapter, which is a long ass time. The gameplay and progression is so slow, everything feels static. I feel like I've been doing and seeing the same thing for over four hours.