VN - Others - Completed - Target: Pheromone [Final] [Trabulance]

1. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

What would you do if one day you were given the power to make any woman fall in love with you simply by standing next to her? Well, the answer is not so simple.

Your name is Takuya, a normal college dude living with his cousin and working in his pastry shop. One day a mysterious woman suddenly teleports into the living room and assigns you with the task of gathering magical power from the four elements: fire, wind, water, and earth. Obviously the only way to obtain this magical source is to have sex with certain "gifted" females. To help you in this task she bestows you with magical pheromones which make you irresistible for the members of the opposite sex.

The structure is very typical to eroge of this era. You have a common route where you get to meet and bang the girls, and afterwards you get a choice with whom you want to end up in a monogamous relationship with. After several slice of life and H-scenes you get a bit of drama towards the end which gets resolved very quickly and that's that.

The first girl is our space-time travelling blonde fairy named Silk. She's a bitch, but the problem is that she makes you her bitch too, and now you have to be her servant. Luckily your duties involve banging bodacious babes so at least there's a silver lining. My advice is for you to do her route first and then do the rest.

The other heroines are: Sana, who works as you colleague at the pastry shop; Kaori, a mature woman who works as a bunny girl at a bar; Ayumi, the bubbly kouhai who always asks you to play with her ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ; and lastly Kumi, a refined redhead who looks like Rias and sounds like Akeno, thus making her my favorite of the bunch.

Oops, I said lastly, however there is one more "secret" route that you unlock after you have finished all of the previous ones. See, this is actually a sequel to an older title, that was sadly never licensed, called Majokko Silk, in which the MC was the older cousin that you're staying with. Neat huh? From that game there is a cameo of a girl called Erika whose route is unlocked after you've beaten the previous ones.

While the story is very typical for these kinds of eroge, I have to give a warning to some of the more sensitive folks out there on the topic of NTR. See, your cousin is a very handsome looking dude, and so the other girls also have a crush on him. Now, you're never in any danger of getting cucked, however you are part of the anti-NTR radical extremist faction know that there is another male character in this VN who isn't the typical retarded best friend, and who the other female characters acknowledge his existence. You have been warned, you weirdos.

Beyond that the story is very typical and cliche, so there's not much else to say about it. The choices that you make are for the most part very obvious (made even more obvious thanks to the in-game hint system), however there a couple of scenes that you will probably not be able to find on your own unless you use a walkthrough. Speaking of which, one of the disappointing minuses of this novel is the almost total lack of group scenes. There is also no harem ending. Sad!

The audio-visuals are again very typical for this era, but I do want to mention that, while there are no mosaics present, there is still an artifact of censorship left in the form of these really weird looking cream covered glass dicks which mostly appear during the oral scenes. They look weird. The H-scenes themselves are short and to the point as is typical of these Y2K eroge. Also typical is the lack of creampie CGs. :sigh:

I was tempted to give this novel 2 stars, but I reconsidered and upped it up to 3, since it doesn't do anything awful in particular and it also stays away from weird fetishes, for which I am thankful.

Conclusion: Target Pheromone is a decent addition to a boomer coomer's collection, but if you want to spend your time in reading something better then feel free to do so.

Total read time: 12 hours, reading fast and listening to all the voices.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

e-disfunction

Reviews & News That I Wish I Had Seen for
    Target: Pheromone (eng) final version (orig. name Tottemo Pheromone). (written 2020, January)

Short Review: This game/VN is worth a few hours if you already like this genre of "vintage, Y2k, Japanese" computer-story, or if you want to see a good example of the art at that time, or if you want to find out if you might like the genre. :)

* Together, all the plot lines, endings, and scenes in the game will take about 8 to 20 hours to read/experience with a guide or walkthrough. (y)

* The Hint System in the game is actually very good and is very easy to set for your preferences. :cool:

* It is an "older" adult VN/story that has aged fairly well into the 2020s. There are a number of sexual scenarios/scenes that logically folow the story, resulting in about 12-15 different endings with 6 women. (y)

* A good walkthrough is not needed but will assure that you find all the endings, plot lines, CG files, etc. ;)

* Be prepared to access all in-game features (saves, skip all read text, game options, etc.) by right-clicking the mouse. :confused:

* Be prepared to hit <Enter> or <mouse-click> after every line of dialogue even if the picture doesn't change. :confused:

* When you are installing and running the game keep in mind these original, minimum, computer requirements on the game's box! (Modern OSs, esp. Win10, tend to balk at programs like this.): Windows 98/ME/2000/XP; 32 MB RAM (not GB!); 8x CD-ROM o_O

* The creators used a fairly robust story idea to centre the plot around and the various endings flow logically from it, so it is worth your time if you like this kind of "vintage Jap VN". (y)

* There are no "real" animations and all scenes are made of a few still pictures. ("Animations" seem to include only some facial expression changes, some scene changes, and a couple other very minor such things.) (y)

* All characters (younger than about 25ish) are constantly embarrassed by most everything about sex. These ever-present reactions can be frustrating to people not familiar with this genre of Japanese VNs because they take so much time read ... :rolleyes: Note: Because of this embarrassment, the first "fappable scenes" always take a short while to actually find.

I might add more thoughts should they occur to me. :unsure:

e-d