• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Tarnished Heart [v0.1 Demo] [Reddere-Artifex]

1. 2.00 star(s)

sinkind

The demo is...working i guess? Not much to talk about but i'll try. hard to tell if there will be more to the game in future or this is all we will see. Some of the stuff that was bothering me:

-You can't name your MC. Can't see why not. It's not a kinetic novel and pardon me but it's not like the story is so good that we must stuck with default character.

- having animated sprites is cool thing. On paper. In reality it makes the game go from one line of dialog to another for quite some time. And if you like myself like to skip the events\girls you don't care about it will be painfully long and hard skip. Maybe for such simple game Dev should've just go for static images.

- Models are...idk. I can't call them ugly but they are definitely not looking good. Uncanny may be the right word. Especially girls. They are all supposed to be in early-to-mid twenties but every one of them looks 40+. Their makeup and hairstyles also make them look older.

-Their anatomy also works strangely: I get that they are supposed to be more "down to earth" compared to your average AVN. But since we are looking at them from the pov of 5 feet tall manlet we are looking straight to their HUGE bellies. Maybe since "femdom" is one of planned tags it can work in some frames making them look even bigger but there was nothing in the demo assuring us that Dev is capable of structuring scenes like that (there was 1 but it was with dark silhouettes, with lighting it will be much harder to make.

And final and what bothers me way more then all above - THIS was the first release. And there is absolutely nothing to look at rn. And not a hint how game will look like in the future. But of course the patreon with 5$ lowest tier is up and running. Maybe if Dev would spend more time testing and polishing the game so he would have at least something to show and only then think about making money, but too late for that now.

As i always say: you always get only one chance to make a good first impression but this dev has already missed his train.
    I really dk who can look at this and say "wow, can't wait to get more of that!".