VN Ren'Py Tarnished Heart [v0.1 Demo] [Reddere-Artifex]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023

Game Thread Banner.png

Overview:
21-year-old Kamil is the grandson and sole heir of Hāshim Amin, Emirati-British entrepreneur and founder of multi-million-dollar luxury ladies’ underwear company Habibi’s Undies. Kamil’s life should be good, but there is one big problem:

Traumatic events in his childhood and teens have left Kamil terrified of women.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2023-05-25
Release Date: 2023-05-02
Developer: Reddere-Artifex
Censored: No
Version: 0.1 Demo
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Other: Android*
*This port/version isn't made nor is endorsed by the dev, download and use at your own risks

Don't Ask How I Know About That.png I Model For Habbi's Undies.png I'm Ilisapeci.png Stress Meter Preview.png

Last edited:

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Thank you for your kind words. I have already opened a ticket to get the "developer role" (before the topic got moved). I hope this went through okay.

Reactions: Bob69

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Was a bit more work then I hoped, but went faster then expected xD All good :)
Don't let the users here annoy you to much tho, be careful of them :oops::ROFLMAO:
I had a seasoned forum member look over the template before I posted it and he told me it looked good, so I had hoped it would not need any editing. I must apologise for making extra work for you! I shall try not to let the other users here annoy me. I'd like to think I am quite hard to offend, and hopefully I'll be able to spot any bad faith arguments and ignore them, without them annoying me!

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Oxidized or oxygenated? :unsure:
The meaning behind the game title is that Gold, like other metals, can oxidize under the correct conditions, so I was thinking: let's take the phrase "heart of gold" literally. People often say children are born innocent so it got me thinking: what if we say "his heart of gold became corrupted". As such, the dates help him to "clean his heart" (as a jeweler would) so he can be happy again and learn to start trusting people more.

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Ah, multi-million-dollar luxury ladies. ;) My favorite kind of lady. :ROFLMAO:

Looks interesting.
Good luck Reddere Artifex.
Well, I was trying to inoculate myself from the inevitable "they are just dating him for the money arguments" by making each date come from a rich family. Then I thought for a little longer and I figured: it adds more drama if secretly the dates do have some selfish motivations (these motivations are still not money), because it can put them in competition (hopefully just friendly) with each other. As it happens, the motivations for wanting to "win Kamil's heart" can be argued to be mostly altruistic in nature, but they are still motivating factors beyond simply love, even if they will end up loving him romantically (depending obviously the dependent on which date(s) the player attracts based on their actions).

The player will need to be taking notes to keep track of what each date likes. If the player wishes to "win" with a particular date, they will need to figured out which options they are given will best suit that date. Going to have a lot variables to keep track of...

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
As Kamil refuses to go into therapy, Hāshim decides to resort to a desperate measure. He invites Kamil for a week-long getaway on board his yacht in the Mediterranean, and Kamil happily accepts. However, without his grandson’s knowledge, Hāshim also invites three young models in his employment: posh Allegra, nerdy Bodhani, and athletic Ilisapeci.
Do you want to send your child into a catatonic state? Because that's how you send your child into a catatonic state.

The player will need to be taking notes to keep track of what each date likes. If the player wishes to "win" with a particular date, they will need to figured out which options they are given will best suit that date. Going to have a lot variables to keep track of...
And if the premise didn't send me heading the other direction, this would. The player should never need to take notes while playing a game. If you haven't built in some journal or LI information screen tracking all this crap for the player as they learn it, then you're not writing a game I want to play.

I have no idea how long it's going to take between updates, I'm not going to remember half of what you throw at me if you're taking too long with the next update.

Reactions: Reddere-Artifex

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023

It's early days and the dates already have biography pages. A journal is a good idea for an additionality and that's a good suggestion for something which should be included for when I go beyond this simple demo. Plus, if my game turns out to be controversial because of its mechanics, well controversy helps to generate more clicks, so that's ultimately good for a new game developer like me.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Virgin? The women in the pictures? What kept them from losing their virginity some 10-15 years earlier? Since they are apparently (judging from the pictures) in their 30s-40s.
The virgin tag is intended for the player's character (Kamil will cease to be a virgin during the course of the game). The dates are 1-2 years older than the player's character. But just remember, is a show on the TV, something I always like to remind myself of, because my game is in no way more ridiculous than that show.

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
This was "Oxidized Heart" and now it's "Tarnished Heart", but the links still match the former.
Which one's the name going forward?

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Tarnished Heart
This was "Oxidized Heart" and now it's "Tarnished Heart", but the links still match the former.
Which one's the name going forward?
I decided to change it to Tarnished Heart at the last minute. I realised if I had to sit here explaining chemistry to somebody who already may be making an argument in bad faith, that was not going to be good. It was a good suggestion to change the title, because there's already been some kink shaming in this thread, which is unfortunate. If people don't like the characters they can simply move on with their lives and leave thread for people who want to enjoy it.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote