VN Ren'Py Tarnished Heart [v0.1 Demo] [Reddere-Artifex]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
can mc be dom?
I had not planned for it (not at this stage anyway), but that's not to say that in the future the dates could briefly become "switches" for certain scenes (chapters). I do need to stress this is intended as a "femdom" game. Thus, if you want "maledom", I would advise you to find a different game to play.

Piratefishes

Jul 24, 2022
Can you please let us rename the MC for better inversion?
And maybe the girls too? ;-)
I would also suggest some background noises or soft music, without sound it feels quite sterile.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I had not planned for it (not at this stage anyway), but that's not to say that in the future the dates could briefly become "switches" for certain scenes (chapters). I do need to stress this is intended as a "femdom" game. Thus, if you want "maledom", I would advise you to find a different game to play.
So with the tags change(s) are ntr and scat still in for future tags or are they not? just curious I won't try to influence you one way or another but a lot of players will want to know beforehand?

• Haha
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
So with the tags change(s) are ntr and scat still in for future tags or are they not? just curious I won't try to influence you one way or another but a lot of players will want to know beforehand?
Uhm, that comment from SAHC was to poke fun at me, because I forgot to re-add the tags while moving the OP. :ROFLMAO: The tags that are on top are the intended and SAHC's post is not be taken seriously :D

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Can you please let us rename the MC for better inversion?
And maybe the girls too? ;-)
I would also suggest some background noises or soft music, without sound it feels quite sterile.
Music is planned to be added, but I will need to the raise funds to pay for a person to make the music (which is why you should sign up to the Patreon). At the moment, the game contains a few sound effects sourced from the Public Domain (as noted in the credits). I really would like some musical numbers, but I don't have the money to pay somebody to do a proper job of it at the moment (and I would like to pay them fairly). I would like a composer to be a permanent part of the team I am building, but I need the funds for that.

The MC is not intended to be a self-insert since I want him to have a well-defined personality. I understand a lot of people may like to see themselves as being in the story, but the story is assuming the MC is this guy named Kamil. Renaming the MC is something I could look into, but I have not planned for it as it was never my intention. Sorry about that!

Piratefishes

Jul 24, 2022
Music is planned to be added, but I will need to the raise funds to pay for a person to make the music (which is why you should sign up to the Patreon). At the moment, the game contains a few sound effects sourced from the Public Domain (as noted in the credits). I really would like some musical numbers, but I don't have the money to pay somebody to do a proper job of it at the moment (and I would like to pay them fairly). I would like a composer to be a permanent part of the team I am building, but I need the funds for that.

The MC is not intended to be a self-insert since I want him to have a well-defined personality. I understand a lot of people may like to see themselves as being in the story, but the story is assuming the MC is this guy named Kamil. Renaming the MC is something I could look into, but I have not planned for it as it was never my intention. Sorry about that!

I think there is free music on the market? (Don't know, I'm not a developer.^^)
I didn't have any sound at all. Maybe that was just a bug solely on my side?
At the end of the demo you give as a link to your patreon. And suggest to visit your itch.io too. Why no link for that too?

Like in most other VNs(?) the developer gives the players some decisions, that all suit the storyline and the personality to some extend (greeting the ladys or being silent for example). The player then have to choose wich option suits their way of playing the story best, all in the framework the developer seems fit. :)
If you have a specific vision how Kamil should behave, that's totally fine. Your vision, your game.

....I'm only asking for the option to rename the important chars, not more. :-D
(e.g. my highschool teacher in biology looks soooo much like Allegra, but her name was Susan not Allegra. ;-)
So it would be really nice for me, John Doe, future heir of habibi's undies, to have Susan the famous model fromHampstead on my yacht - even so I'm really afraid of her and all other women. )

ahxjosu

Aug 3, 2019
AHH ty bye gl

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
I think there is free music on the market? (Don't know, I'm not a developer.^^)
I didn't have any sound at all. Maybe that was just a bug solely on my side?
At the end of the demo you give as a link to your patreon. And suggest to visit your itch.io too. Why no link for that too?

Like in most other VNs(?) the developer gives the players some decisions, that all suit the storyline and the personality to some extend (greeting the ladys or being silent for example). The player then have to choose wich option suits their way of playing the story best, all in the framework the developer seems fit. :)
If you have a specific vision how Kamil should behave, that's totally fine. Your vision, your game.

....I'm only asking for the option to rename the important chars, not more. :-D
(e.g. my highschool teacher in biology looks soooo much like Allegra, but her name was Susan not Allegra. ;-)
So it would be really nice for me, John Doe, future heir of habibi's undies, to have Susan the famous model fromHampstead on my yacht - even so I'm really afraid of her and all other women. )
Yes, there is a lot of Public Domain music and otherwise "free for commercial use music". The thing to bear in mind: is any of that music going to fit the mood of the game? The music used throughout the game could do with having consistancy. Underlying theme(s) to tie it together, if you will. For example, you may hear a piece of music and instantly recognise it as "Star Wars music." All that in mind, I'd much rather pay for some bespoke musical numbers, if I can.

The sound effects seem to work fine on my end. I am not sure what to tell you with regards to that. I am guessing it's just your device (maybe check the Ren'Py settings too?).

Of course it would be nice to rename characters, but that means I have to go in make lots of changes to the script (the dialogue) and the code to incorporate the renaming feature. Game development is not easy, and at this stage, I need to focus on going beyond the demo. It's a visual novel with "elements of a dating sim", I guess one might describe it as.

What femdom kinks are planned? Any chastity or ballbusting?
The currently planned tags are listed in the original post. That is not to say things cannot change; each datable character has her own personality and the personalities are "fleshed out more". Chastity is a maybe but I was not considering "ballbusting". it is intended to be a "gentle femdom" experience, so there will not be anything too (for lack of a better word) "violent" in the game.

femdom avoidable?
The femdom content most likely will not be avoidable; I know who my target audience is and I am trying to cater to that target audience. I have a clear vision of what I want to do with this game so it is important that I stress this game may not appeal to everyone (and I am not trying to appeal to everyone). I have a target audience/market in mind and I intend to stick to my design document and other planning.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote