VN Ren'Py Tavern of Spear [v0.32a] [Caro]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

DireOkami

Feb 22, 2021
In the gallary for replaying sex scenes is there a way to fix the default name to the name you created on there i unlocked the full gallary from the cheat code if anyone is guessed

Nov 8, 2021
In the gallary for replaying sex scenes is there a way to fix the default name to the name you created on there i unlocked the full gallary from the cheat code if anyone is guessed
The only way may be via setting the name string every time starting the replay in the dev console. Not sure you wanna do this though.
OR somebody knows if writing a small RPY about setting a new default name string may address that?

DireOkami

Feb 22, 2021
The only way may be via setting the name string every time starting the replay in the dev console. Not sure you wanna do this though.
OR somebody knows if writing a small RPY about setting a new default name string may address that?
Can you explain more on how?

Nov 8, 2021
Can you explain more on how?
Create a new file "zzz.rrpy" inside the "game" folder (where archive.rpa is located) with the following content:

Code:
init 999 python:
   config.console = True
   config.developer = True
Start the game, open the console via Shift+O and set the name with the expression:
name='NEWNAMEHERE'

Close the console with ESC and now gallery replays should display your NEWNAMEHERE. Repeat the steps at anytime you want. This command should not interfere harshly and will revert at every game start. Should you use the command after loading a save you will rename the MC though.

P.S: The console is extremely powerful and enables users to edit ANY value you want like stats, inventory etc. You just need to know the variables and functions from the source code.

DireOkami

Feb 22, 2021
Create a new file "zzz.rrpy" inside the "game" folder (where archive.rpa is located) with the following content:

Code:
init 999 python:
   config.console = True
   config.developer = True
Start the game, open the console via Shift+O and set the name with the expression:
name='NEWNAMEHERE'

Close the console with ESC and now gallery replays should display your NEWNAMEHERE. Repeat the steps at anytime you want. This command should not interfere harshly and will revert at every game start. Should you use the command after loading a save you will rename the MC though.

P.S: The console is extremely powerful and enables users to edit ANY value you want like stats, inventory etc. You just need to know the variables and functions from the source code.
Is there a permanent solution? cause it was just temporary Tavern of Spear 3_11_2023 12_54_11 AM.png

Nov 8, 2021
Is there a permanent solution? cause it was just temporary View attachment 2458296
Yeah, the name variable is temporary. The only thing I can think off is by setting a new default name by repacking the whole RPA with your chosen name in script.rpy. But I never modded a renpy game like that.
Simply creating a new RPY with "default name=u'NEWNAMEHERE'" won't work because the compiler takes no doubled default value.
Maybe there is some easy solution. Maybe someone knows by creating a custom RPY?

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Yeah, the name variable is temporary. The only thing I can think off is by setting a new default name by repacking the whole RPA with your chosen name in script.rpy. But I never modded a renpy game like that.
Simply creating a new RPY with "default name=u'NEWNAMEHERE'" won't work because the compiler takes no doubled default value.
Maybe there is some easy solution. Maybe someone knows by creating a custom RPY?
Maybe talk directly to the devs about it?
Many other games hv gallery naming after your current save, it should not be complicated to do from the dev's side.

callithrix

Feb 25, 2023
0.26 can't watch 3rd bonus scene,only 1st and 2nd ,but 0.24 could.I guess because the 3r file is without B_cg.rpyc

Last edited:
Reactions: OROBG
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes