Teledildonics in the Future

FemboyEnjoyer49

Aug 16, 2022
"Teledildonics (also known as cyberdildonics) is the name coined for virtual sex encounters using technology to mimic and extend human sexual interaction. " - Wikipedia

The term was popularized through an essay and book written by Howard Rheingold, the book in question was "Virtual Reality". I have read the book and, despite it being from 1991, it definitely posed a lot of interesting questions and theories regarding how sex would work in a virtual way of life. Surprisingly relevant considering the current age of the Meta Quest, VRChat, Lovense, etc. From subjects such as "Smart Skin" to Transducers recreating touch sensations. I am primarily interested in the hardware side of things, such as for example, if Lovense came out with a product that could make VR Sexual Encounters more convincing in conjunction with the usage of a Virtual Reality setup.

Lovense has been having a successful market with Teledildonics, or as they refer to it as "Long Distance Sex". With software that can provide "Syncing" (e.g The usage of a Calor's depth detection for insertion and using that data to control the intensity of vibrations for a Nora for penetration), and Remote Control where people can post links to anonymously have strangers on the internet control their Lovense toy. There are other brands that are utilizing this practice, but I think Lovense is the dominant company thanks to their success with other ventures such as VibeMate (An internet browser that when used with services like Chaturbate you can sync your toy with a camgirl/boy's donation functions) and direct support for Chaturbate models to tie their Lovense products to their camshows.

After experiencing sexual intimacy through VRChat with Lovense products on an ERP Community Server, I believe there is a definitely something there that in the future will be more refined and accessible for the public to purchase in order to have sexual encounters with people on the internet. But I'm curious as to what others think of this, and it's hard to discuss this for obvious reasons from other sources. I certainly cannot bring up such a topic to someone IRL, but due to the growing interest in consumers for Virtual Reality, this is going to be contributing very heavily to the upcoming VR Industrial Boom in my opinion.

Reactions: AsteroidIceSparkle

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
I remember about 15 years ago a company was working on a pair of devices for long distance couples, a dildo and fleshlight type of devices you would connect to a computer and use a internet connection.
Both devices were intended to have sensors and motors to both detect and give the feeling of response to the other. Basically the dildo would ripple as the guy screwed the fleshlight and the fleshlight would constrict as the woman would on the dildo.

No clue what ended up happening but thought it was a interesting product idea even if it would not end up selling well due to the cost that would be involved.

Reactions: FemboyEnjoyer49

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Imo this technology is not that relevant in vr because it is about interacting with non-existent (virtual) beings instead, so instead expect tools to be synced with games instead of being synced with other people.

I mean, why waste time and effort going for some clunky multiplayer interaction if you could instead create the perfect singleplayer one?

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
In my opinion the future will not be hardware based, but mostly software based with a brain / computer interface that directly sends sensory data into the brain, i.e. The Matrix. But we are still nowhere near this tech, it may take a few more decades to reach this level. Strictly hardware based solutions with suits or synced toys will not become mainstream. Too messy. Too cumbersome.

izalde

Aug 15, 2022
This gets me thinking. A couple that tries this over the long term and then they end up coming to realize they enjoy pleasure from their smart dildo and/or smart fleshlight more than sex with their partner... Hmm...

Last edited: