RPGM - Completed - Temptation Coliseum [v1.05] [Dry Dream]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DockPi

Just amazing.
    The translation is far from being perfect, but it's good enough to be understood.

Battle, choices, a lot of content...
    Why didn't I find this game before :oops:

Love it :love:

Thank you for this !
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Kelpsie

Pretty trash. The translation is terrible, the maps are are irritating to navigate because they're twice as big as they should be, and the fights are RNG. I got 100-0'd twice on the third fight, and closed the game.
    It's a shame, because the concept is pretty hot.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

brxn

The translation really isn't great but the game itself is playable. IMO, the fights are very difficult and I couldn't get past the first one (the girl kept sucking my HP out) so I had to use cheats to continue playing. The art itself is really nice but the gameplay is overall really unbalanced. Also, another pet peeve of mine is when I can't hold down ctrl to skip dialoge or at the very least hold down Z to automatically go through the dialog.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Ranonymou

I did not play the F95 version so I can't comment on how the Translation is but its probably horrible as usual and appears to be an ai translation officially published by the developer himself judging at how the developer as one on DLSite.
    I personally enjoy some of Dry Dream's works or rather some of the concepts and situations he comes up with but the combat is always a miss. The majority of the h-moments are temptation scenes out of combat and also as defeat scenes. Very few are ever during combat or used as attacks in his works which is what I find ultimately disapointing despite being able to do so. I do also find it quite disappointing that there are usually a handful of scenes in his games including this one that are not accompanied by pictures and go purely off of text.
    Regarding the combat, its primarily just typical rpgmaker combat and hitting certain health threshholds which then progresses to the next phase or dialogue of the fight. If you use cheat-engine, you can instantly defeat your opponent and outright skip this and some things that occur during fights and not as recollection scenes (you can replay fights in recollection).
    After every colisseum fight, you are supposed to check in south of the town for that one building with an old man to go downstairs and attain the next Spirit's power for the next fight and this appears to be mandatory as far as I recall. I don't recall the MTL being clear on that when I first played through which might be a red flag for some of you guys out there but just do be aware of that unless you resort to cheat engine in which case you can just cheese fights and get to the Recollection room quickly.
    Reminder for those wanting to see everything in the recollection room, there are some scenes locked behind replaying the fights, reaching certain phases, and losing during those phases. You can accidentally skip these with too much damage output.
    If the game's files are available to you, Dry Dream always leaves all the in-combat scene/attacks in the "battlebacks2" folder instead of where the rest of the scenes including defeat scenes are located in the "pictures" folder.
    There are a few scenarios which aren't replayable from the Recollection room and I believe that one of them is replaying a fight without having the appropriate Spirit unlocked prior but I don't quite recall if that made much of a difference content-wise.