Mod Ren'Py Temptations of Love [Ep2 v2.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v1.6)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Updated to latest VN version
  • Updated to latest Core code
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I appreciate everyone's patience as I'm smokin' briskets today and couldn't spend my entire morning coding.

You may get RenPy's rollback exception on a certain percentage of your saves. The issue is due mostly to the developer moving from RenPy v7 to RenPy v8. This tends to happen when VN's move to R8 every single time in my experience. I've increased the rollback depth about as far as I normally like to push it. Your Episode 2 save files will have better odds of loading than your Prologue or Episode 1 save files.

Regards and enjoy.

Reactions: MikeOG

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i was scaning though the page but did not see does this have the family patch or do i need to get it and also thanks for your hard work
Sancho1969
A custom iPatch is coded and embedded in the mod already. The mod is completely self-contained. You need nothing else but the base VN. I'll make that clearer in the OP. Regards.

P.S. I don't think that the other "patch" will harm SanchoMod in any way (I'm not using the variables) but that's not confirmed... just theory. I generally never test for 3rd party compatibility.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tarakis

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, last night I crashed before I get to my gaming, but tonight, got caught up with the Dev on this game, and no problems from this mod that I could see. Thank you so very much for this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Hey Sancho, just discovered this game so thanks for the mod on top of it. Quick question though, but is the Ipatch coded correctly? After I installed your mod the MC keeps calling Katherine Kate instead. I know there are custom naming options but it's kind of weird to have other characters call her their Mom if I change it to that instead :unsure:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, just discovered this game so thanks for the mod on top of it. Quick question though, but is the Ipatch coded correctly? After I installed your mod the MC keeps calling Katherine Kate instead. I know there are custom naming options but it's kind of weird to have other characters call her their Mom if I change it to that instead :unsure:
In regards to the patch (disregard the "cheat" name change, that's a whole separate thing) I posed a similar question to the dev some time back that you can read here. We had a PM about some things where I recall him answering it since I made a post here about it but I'll have to find that response from him as I don't recall the exact rationalization at the moment (it's been a minute).

Bottom line: No, you're not wrong to think it weird. Other folks and I are in the same camp... but the scripts are deliberately written that way by the developer (MC calling his mom/landlady both "Kate" and mom/landlady, once even does both in the same damn sentence).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969, looks like the game finally updated, looks like might get to port your new code to it :D

Compressed is now up as well, since it's 6GB of PNG's.
Good morning. Thanks brother. I wasn't eyeballing the site last night... I was fighting "for democracy". Helldivers has consumed my life lately :ROFLMAO:.

I'm DL'ing it now and brewing a pot of coffee. I'll check it out in a bit.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, after an entire year there's not a large ton of content in here (subjective and debatable of course) but damn... it's taking me a bit to update the mod's Core code alone... I've changed a lot in a year and getting this code up to snuff is taking a few hours. I'll keep y'all posted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Loading old saves will be hit or miss. The dev has updated the VN to run on Rv8.1.3 (it was on engine Rv8.0.2 before). The problem is he allowed RenPy to create brand new RPYC files so your save pointer data is now lost. I'll increase the rollback some to ease the burden but that's just a bandaid on a gunshot tbh. There's only so much I can do when internal data has completely changed. Ultimately I could migrate the old pointers into the new files... but we'd have to do that everytime going forward so it's likely best to get it over with now (if you have to replay a bit) than later having some save file issues that can't be fixed at all.

Again, this is what happens when devs change the engine version they were using mid-VN production. It's never recommended unless they know exactly what they are doing and migrate all the old file data over to the new version. So for I've only seen 3 devs out of dozens pull it off successfully.

Anyway, I'm back to it. I think I've fully ported the old mod Core to the latest. I have to bug test it all first before proceeding to the VN's new content though, so need some more time... and more coffee.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
do
Loading old saves will be hit or miss. The dev has updated the VN to run on Rv8.1.3 (it was on engine Rv8.0.2 before). The problem is he allowed RenPy to create brand new RPYC files so your save pointer data is now lost. I'll increase the rollback some to ease the burden but that's just a bandaid on a gunshot tbh. There's only so much I can do when internal data has completely changed. Ultimately I could migrate the old pointers into the new files... but we'd have to do that everytime going forward so it's likely best to get it over with now (if you have to replay a bit) than later having some save file issues that can't be fixed at all.

Again, this is what happens when devs change the engine version they were using mid-VN production. It's never recommended unless they know exactly what they are doing and migrate all the old file data over to the new version. So for I've only seen 3 devs out of dozens pull it off successfully.

Anyway, I'm back to it. I think I've fully ported the old mod Core to the latest. I have to bug test it all first before proceeding to the VN's new content though, so need some more time... and more coffee.
nt worry sancho is not like the game have 5000 renders or pics so is not so much job to replay the porlogue and the older chapter,it'sbeing a year since last update i can see there isnt much of progress so with any doubt we can wait for your mod to get up here ....good job man .love you work

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm basically rewriting everything. I've become more picky regarding my own code over the last year so it's easiest this way. I'm on the new content, actually painstakingly coding the first new freeroam. See post I made here in the VN's thread (I just edited it with new preview pics) if interested.

It's time for this evening's first adult beverage. Liquid tolerance while I slowly code all this damn freeroam code. The scenes aren't complicated but the code is the same whether it's Being a DIK or something more simple like this VN.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done with the second freeroam in this new content minus final testing. I took a moment to take a peek at the "paywall" missing third freeroam to see if it's viable to unlock and I believe it is... but we have a problem. See post here for details.

I'll continue doing what I can until I simply run out of script. Need another adult beverage refill while I bang my head against the wall.... after a year of no VN update we just aren't getting past this paywall without a leaker.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tarakis