VN Ren'Py Temptations of Love [Ep. 2 Final v2.0] [Ruby Romance Games]

3.10 star(s) 15 Votes

Who is your favorite girl?

• Total voters

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
Let me guess, you have loaded a save without using the patch. Then it's not working, the old releationships ar still stored in that save. You have to restart.
Nope. New game all the way. MC calling mom Kate several times throughout.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
If that's the case patch was flawed before. I just report what I see. MC calling mom Kate several times throughout.
From what I remember I think the dev just wrote her name in the script instead of using the variable for their relationship in those instances. I think I manually replaced them in one update but it was a while ago so not 100% on that.

Reactions: FatGiant

thryllth

Jul 15, 2017
So yes I am a pedant but in the first scene we see that the time on the phone on the bedside table is 1730 yet everyone is referring to it as being morning. Yet the game doesn't seem to be taking place at a latitude where this would be possible.

RubyRomanceGames

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
So yes I am a pedant but in the first scene we see that the time on the phone on the bedside table is 1730 yet everyone is referring to it as being morning. Yet the game doesn't seem to be taking place at a latitude where this would be possible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I laid the foundation from the latest Core code porting. I'm having to rebuild much of the VN's UI since is a bit wonky like enabled/disabled buttons being opposite coloring than is intuitive, changing the location of the menu buttons based on screens to give a better aesthetic, etc. I'll share some very rough early port teasers for the helluvit. Still no promises on it going public with my current workload but laying this foundation will keep me motivated to sort it all and build the features proper as you folks have come to expect from SanchoMod. I'll make proper filters for SanchoGallery, no worries.

Regards. I'm sure I'll be around.
An update of sorts. I've decided to use the VN as a base to test the newest SanchoMod Core (v7a) since it's fast to reload in comparison to the large projects I'm already on so is time efficient, but first a few teasers of options/screens in-game (you folks used to SanchoMod will feel right at home):

Now, as an example of the advanced code in Core v7 allow this example to demonstrate but one of many complexities. I'll place the following inside a spoiler so as not to create a "wall of text" out of respect who could care less of this post, I don't mean to impose on nor judge those folks (much :p ).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I know you may not be overwhelmed but realize I only described one of many new code rewrites in the latest Core.

Anyway, time for another cup of coffee. Regards until next time.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
An update of sorts. I've decided to use the VN as a base to test the newest SanchoMod Core (v7a) since it's fast to reload in comparison to the large projects I'm already on so is time efficient, but first a few teasers of options/screens in-game (you folks used to SanchoMod will feel right at home):

Now, as an example of the advanced code in Core v7 allow this example to demonstrate but one of many complexities. I'll place the following inside a spoiler so as not to create a "wall of text" out of respect who could care less of this post, I don't mean to impose on nor judge those folks (much :p ).
Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I know you may not be overwhelmed but realize I only described one of many new code rewrites in the latest Core.

Yay, it's been Sanchoed... Whenever you're ready, I'm ready! :D

Peace :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Okay, here's where I'm at:

Porting most of v7a (the new Core): Done
ChoiceGuide: Done
SanchoCheats: Done
SanchoSplits: Done (I coded a wicked one, but you'll need prerequisites to select it)
Custom Patch: Done (to the extreme)
Alt-Char renaming: Done (what a bitch to do proper, but even all nicknames are included)
All the latest features: Done (HotKeys, QM Hover, Adaptive MiniState, etc)
Etc, etc, etc...

Now pending: I'm finally actually playing the VN so I can code the automated MiniStat and populate SanchoGallery. Once this is done I'll pass a prelim copy to my buddy (this was originally a personal request but I've decided to add this one to my public catalogue) so he can tinker with it. He has some ideas and I want to insure I capture what he's thinking since it's a personal build. If he's impressed then I release.
1673399436825.png
That's the 4th quarter game plan in a nutshell. Be prepared to get you some. A new dawn of SanchoMod v7 Core (preliminary) is coming. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm going to assume this is an oversight of the dev's patching script and will fix it in SanchoMod. No one in my neck of the woods addresses there mother by there name. I'm guessing even the Hillbillies in other "Southern" states (that are far fucking North of me) that might fuck their mothers would at least use a "pet" name, ain't it :ROFLMAO:. First name basis is so "landlady" like I reckon:
1673401249371.png
Temp SanchoMod fix (interactive with dev's patch):
1673401730175.png
So, now Hillbillies can rejoice!!! :ROFLMAO: :p

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'm going to assume this is an oversight of the dev's patching script and will fix it in SanchoMod. No one in my neck of the woods addresses there mother by there name. I'm guessing even the Hillbillies in other "Southern" states (that are far fucking North of me) that might fuck their mothers would at least use a "pet" name, ain't it :ROFLMAO:. First name basis is so "landlady" like I reckon:
Temp SanchoMod fix (interactive with dev's patch):
So, now Hillbillies can rejoice!!! :ROFLMAO: :p
Addressing my Mom by her first name was something I could only ever do in jest and only after I was a father myself. Maybe it's different somewhere...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Addressing my Mom by her first name was something I could only ever do in jest and only after I was a father myself. Maybe it's different somewhere...

Yeah, it's different somewhere... somewhere a Snowflake grew up with timeouts instead of a proper corporal punishment that would put their hipster-asses in their place. I'd never disrespect my mother, ever, by calling her by her proper name (unless introducing her to someone formally of course). The thought of it alone is beyond cringe. It's an obvious oversight but nonetheless fixed.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

Don't really think so, calling your parents on first name base is just strange for me and i only ever heard it if the child and parent were estranged, or as you said in jest.
Even my own parents in their 60s call their parents still mom/dad and so does pretty much anyone i know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EJW and FatGiant

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Before I can even address some of the playthrough dialogue issues folks have... this MC fucknut has done it at least seven (7, yeah) more times by a quick search... this is setting me back... it must be fixed. That's how we roll... it's either done right or we don't push it out public. I need another drink.

RubyRomanceGames is this intentional of the MC using the "landlady's" name proper? I'll quickly sort it out but I might be going against your grain so I feel the need to ask.

Different lines that it occurs (not all inclusive):
Python:
mc "Kate..."

mc "But Kate..."

mc "Kate, You'll never be an Old Hag to me. You're my [mom] your perfect just the way you are! "

mc "Kate, if that's what you want?"

mc "Okay, Kate"

mc "Ugh, Kate? You're squeezing me a bit tight there."

This line in particular gives me pause since it uses both "Kate" and the patch variable in the same line:
Python:
mc "Kate, You'll never be an Old Hag to me. You're my [mom] your perfect just the way you are! "
As that appears intentional. I'm not sure what to do here. (but I know what I want to do and reckon I'll do so regardless)

Edited to provide context as appropriate.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I believe I understand the dev's intent (and it's plausible considering his circumstances). I'm going to sort this mess proper as if non-Landlady mode. If one turns Off the path in SanchoMod then suffer the ridiculousness of those consequences (I know no one would normally do it but disclaimers are pertinent regardless). I'm going to push forward and make the MC a non-Snoflake for the sake of all that is sane. You Zooners in disagreement can kiss my bare redneck ass... go actually save a whale or hug a tree instead of posting that you should, fucking slackers. :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Okay, I believe I understand the dev's intent (and it's plausible considering his circumstances). I'm going to sort this mess proper as if non-Landlady mode. If one turns Off the path in SanchoMod then suffer the ridiculousness of those consequences (I know no one would normally do it but disclaimers are pertinent regardless). I'm going to push forward and make the MC a non-Snoflake for the sake of all that is sane. You Zooners in disagreement can kiss my bare redneck ass... go actually save a whale or hug a tree instead of posting that you should, fucking slackers. :p
:ROFLMAO: That's my bro! :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Well, I'm actually not. The whole thread is now only about that damn mod. Maybe would be better to make an own one in the mod section imo. By the way - why a new one? There is already a multi mod here anyway :FacePalm: .

Reactions: kschn68
3.10 star(s) 15 Votes