Mod Ren'Py Temptations of Love [Ep2 v2.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and this is me done with all the paywall content I can unlock. We get one lewd out of it:
1710044216358.png

It's a bit past 2200hrs here now (time change inbound in ~2hrs). I'll try to haul ass and get the code cleaned up, the retail build done and integrity tested, then push it out before I pass out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v1.7)
1710046132314.png 1710046157574.png 1710046177649.png
Go get you some.

Now fully updated to the latest mod Core v7b. VN is now completely rewritten with the mod's latest feature set, including dynamic FreeRoam guides.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Still not seeing anything new in the latest version. Do I need to restart after installing the mod?

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
Still not seeing anything new in the latest version. Do I need to restart after installing the mod?
Loading old saves will be hit or miss. The dev has updated the VN to run on Rv8.1.3 (it was on engine Rv8.0.2 before). The problem is he allowed RenPy to create brand new RPYC files so your save pointer data is now lost. I'll increase the rollback some to ease the burden but that's just a bandaid on a gunshot tbh. There's only so much I can do when internal data has completely changed. Ultimately I could migrate the old pointers into the new files... but we'd have to do that everytime going forward so it's likely best to get it over with now (if you have to replay a bit) than later having some save file issues that can't be fixed at all.

Again, this is what happens when devs change the engine version they were using mid-VN production. It's never recommended unless they know exactly what they are doing and migrate all the old file data over to the new version. So for I've only seen 3 devs out of dozens pull it off successfully.

Anyway, I'm back to it. I think I've fully ported the old mod Core to the latest. I have to bug test it all first before proceeding to the VN's new content though, so need some more time... and more coffee.
As per this message from Sancho, high chance you will need a new start.

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
Thanks for your stellar work Sancho.
Could I request a gallery unlocker to be included too ?
Thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. I'm brewing my first pot but have seen your post. This v1.7 update completely centers around what I'll call the "House Party" (new content after a year). It technically revolves around 4 separate freeroam events, 3 of which are viewable via the mod, but only 2 are viewable unmodded due to the dev deciding to paywall the public release content.

So, after v1.6 it literally almost instantly starts this House Party setup. The only exception is that the dev added a texting event with the girls the night before which should auto-play if loading an old save (that actually loads). I tested many times with both loading those old saves that would load and starting new playthroughs. Either should get you done.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Good morning. I'm brewing my first pot but have seen your post. This v1.7 update completely centers around what I'll call the "House Party" (new content after a year). It technically revolves around 4 separate freeroam events, 3 of which are viewable via the mod, but only 2 are viewable unmodded due to the dev deciding to paywall the public release content.

So, after v1.6 it literally almost instantly starts this House Party setup. The only exception is that the dev added a texting event with the girls the night before which should auto-play if loading an old save (that actually loads). I tested many times with both loading those old saves that would load and starting new playthroughs. Either should get you done.

Err Sancho, thanks for the update but I think you might have hit a snag with the Ipatch because Victoria, whose supposed to be Kate's friend and peer, is either calling her Mother or Mom or Kate is introducing herself as such instead of just her name during all their scenes together throughout the game. I'm even seeing the father call her mom now so I'm guessing this is systemic for both parents. Any chance this can be fixed? o_O

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Err Sancho, thanks for the update but I think you might have hit a snag with the Ipatch because Victoria, whose supposed to be Kate's friend and peer, is either calling her Mother or Mom or Kate is introducing herself as such instead of just her name during all their scenes together throughout the game. I'm even seeing the father call her mom now so I'm guessing this is systemic for both parents. Any chance this can be fixed? o_O
That's the dev's bugs then bud. I only replace things like "landlady" to "mom", etc. I don't replace names with family status. The dev has had these types of typed dialogue issues forever now tbh. You'll also notice wonky sentences, no capitalization, lack of punctuation, etc. It needs a proper grammatical edit. I don't change any dialogue though, so someone else will have to pony up for that task.

The only name changes I do are in SanchoCheats and these aren't family-centric... they are simply name replacements. I know this code works 100% since I use that code in dozens of other VN's with name change swaps. Again, any lines where the MC is referencing Victoria is calling Kate "mom" are dialogue script specific that the dev must have bugged, as without the custom patch Vic would be calling Kate "landlady".

With all that said, near the end of v1.7 during the Kate/Vic hotel scene, there's this line bit which is correct. Vic is being sarcastic:
Python:
    scene ep2_kate_victoria_42 with quick_dissolve
    ka "Don’t stay up too long. We have a flight to catch in the morning."
    scene ep2_kate_victoria_43 with quick_dissolve
    vc "Okay, Mother I'll be back by 3."
Otherwise I've not seen any dialogue where Vic references Kate as "mom" or "mother". If you can provide an example I can then isolate though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Commander Booty

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
That's the dev's bugs then bud. I only replace things like "landlady" to "mom", etc. I don't replace names with family status. The dev has had these types of typed dialogue issues forever now tbh. You'll also notice wonky sentences, no capitalization, lack of punctuation, etc. It needs a proper grammatical edit. I don't change any dialogue though, so someone else will have to pony up for that task.

The only name changes I do are in SanchoCheats and these aren't family-centric... they are simply name replacements. I know this code works 100% since I use that code in dozens of other VN's with name change swaps. Again, any lines where the MC is referencing Victoria is calling Kate "mom" are dialogue script specific that the dev must have bugged, as without the custom patch Vic would be calling Kate "landlady".

With all that said, near the end of v1.7 during the Kate/Vic hotel scene, there's this line bit which is correct. Vic is being sarcastic:
Python:
    scene ep2_kate_victoria_42 with quick_dissolve
    ka "Don’t stay up too long. We have a flight to catch in the morning."
    scene ep2_kate_victoria_43 with quick_dissolve
    vc "Okay, Mother I'll be back by 3."
Otherwise I've not seen any dialogue where Vic references Kate as "mom" or "mother". If you can provide an example I can then isolate though.

Ah, glad that one's okay then. And if you want some other examples, I just went through the flashback with Victoria during the painting session about how Kate and the dad first met and Kate literally introduced herself to Victoria the first time as her name being Mom among other consistent examples throughout that flashback, such as the Dad calling Kate Mom too :oops:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, glad that one's okay then. And if you want some other examples, I just went through the flashback with Victoria during the painting session about how Kate and the dad first met and Kate literally introduced herself to Victoria the first time as her name being Mom among other consistent examples throughout that flashback, such as the Dad calling Kate Mom too :oops:
Wait... you mean here? Note the iPatch is On:
1710096835377.png
The above is literally the first time Kate speaks to Vic after fighting the "Bully".

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Wait... you mean here? Note the iPatch is On:
View attachment 3429833
The above is literally the first time Kate speaks to Vic after fighting the "Bully".
Yeah that is one of the moments although admittedly I am going back and loading from my old saves from previous releases to check after running into the original incident popped up during the Victoria/Kate hotel talk this update. I did have your mod installed back then though so I thought they'd be fine here and I don't think I added in a separate Ipatch this time.

1710104263590.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah that is one of the moments although admittedly I am going back and loading from my old saves from previous releases to check after running into the original incident popped up during the Victoria/Kate hotel talk this update. I did have your mod installed back then though so I thought they'd be fine here and I don't think I added in a separate Ipatch this time.

View attachment 3430278
See your problem in that pic? The purple character dialogue box name is "Mom". That means in that particular save you are loading Kate's name is "Mom" instead of "Kate" (or anything other than Kate if custom). Go into SanchoCheats and press "Reset" for the alt-character names... then try again.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v1.7)
View attachment 3428059 View attachment 3428060 View attachment 3428061
Go get you some.

Now fully updated to the latest mod Core v7b. VN is now completely rewritten with the mod's latest feature set, including dynamic FreeRoam guides.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards.
You know, maybe it just felt like this, but LOT more FreeRoams this update then normal, glad to have your side mod there to let me know where to go and your pop up letting me know about hidden imagines. No problems I saw from your mod. Thank you so very much for this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A quick FYI: I've fully updated my private build to v1.9 and submitted all bugs/issues to the dev at his request. He's making changes now to push what will be v2.0 which concludes Episode 2. I don't know when I'll get the final 2.0 build to port over (and insure the bugs I found are all indeed sorted) but once the VN goes live publicly I'll be able to update the mod rather quickly regardless.

Cya soon.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
A quick FYI: I've fully updated my private build to v1.9 and submitted all bugs/issues to the dev at his request. He's making changes now to push what will be v2.0 which concludes Episode 2. I don't know when I'll get the final 2.0 build to port over (and insure the bugs I found are all indeed sorted) but once the VN goes live publicly I'll be able to update the mod rather quickly regardless.

Cya soon.
I almost died of shock, they actually put a link to your mod in the AVN's OP.

amazing.gif