• Total voters

RubyRomanceGames

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dev is hinting you folks aren't even running his true released version of v1.7:

Note specifically:
"I REALLY DON'T CARE EVERYTHING WORKS PROPERLY ON MY VERSION ON PATREON"
it's not that it isn't 1.7 it's v1.8 the most recent version on Patreon that I released yesterday with some of the code commented out to the content of 1.7. If you uncomment it you'll prob get 10 minutes more of gameplay and a BJ depending on your choices or maybe it'll bork your game, I never really tested it but it should work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
it's not that it isn't 1.7 it's v1.8 the most recent version on Patreon that I released yesterday with some of the code commented out to the content of 1.7. If you uncomment it you'll prob get 10 minutes more of gameplay and a BJ depending on your choices or maybe it'll bork your game, I never really tested it but it should work.
10-4. So I should wait to fully update SanchoMod until v1.8 is public release or will that be some weeks/months before that's implemented?

RubyRomanceGames

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
10-4. So I should wait to fully update SanchoMod until v1.8 is public release or will that be some weeks/months before that's implemented?
You could fully update it. there isn't a public release on here until I release a new version, I'm not gonna do any more long updates or releases. The next update prob in 2 months and prob small short-form releases going forward.

Reactions: armion82

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You could fully update it. there isn't a public release on here until I release a new version, I'm not gonna do any more long updates or releases. The next update prob in 2 months and prob small short-form releases going forward.
Okay.

Note: Since you updated the VN's engine from Rv8.0.2 to Rv8.1.3 that folks loading old saves will likely have rollback exception errors. This is due to you not carrying over (migrating) the original RPYC save location pointers and had RenPy 8.1.3 create new RPYC pointers. They don't (and never will) match old (v1.6 or prior) save load locations. They will only attempt to rollback to the closest previous label which usually crashes unless a previous label is very close to the old save pointer.

Just an FYI. You should never change the engine version during the progression of a VN unless you explicitly intend folks to restart their playthroughs due to other circumstances OR migrate old internal RPYC data properly while changing engine versions. The latter being the best imho. Just remember that RPYC files contain much more data than simply encrypted RPY dialogue script.

Reactions: RubyRomanceGames

xXwankerXx

Jul 21, 2017
6gb+ of content, more than 2 years of development and yet there's no vaginal/anal sex tag. Is this real? All action this game has is titfuck?
Holy crap! 1000 renders, no wonder this update took so long! Biggest by far to this point.
Not the fuck happening on the lewd front.
Teasing and talking.
DEL.
I checked the renders, and there's a sex scene with Stacy and some teasing with Julia in this update, but they're both put behind a paywall, for some weird, counterproductive reason, but yeah, there should've been more of that 'good stuff' after all this time.

All in all, it was a pretty short update for me, 10-15 mins max of playtime, with no sex scene. I expected a lot more after all this time, but it is what it is.

Hope the next one will be bigger, with more build up and sex scenes, but I won't hold my breath for this.:cautious:

Looking at those facial expressions, I wanna blind myself. :HideThePain: Don't get me wrong, the render quality is fine, it's just those cursed expressions. :sick:
If the expressions on some character's faces are off-putting to you, I recommend you play this too, take a look at those characters' facial expressions and then come back to tell us how bad the ones in this game are.

I assure you that game beats this one in the weird face department by a big margin, in some situations, and that goes for both male and female characters.:whistle:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I checked the renders, and there's a sex scene with Stacy and some teasing with Julia in this update, but they're both put behind a paywall, for some weird, counterproductive reason, but yeah, there should've been more of that 'good stuff' after all this time.
Damn, I did not realize that. You'd think if it was getting released here only after the next update comes out then we'd at least get the full game. Definitely a weird thing to do and lame. How are you going to get more subs when people can't even see the content they might actually pay for?

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Transitions between scenes (especially when physical location changes) still need to be addressed. They change to abruptly. This is easily coded and will make for a much more professional presentation imo. Just a thought.

xXwankerXx

Jul 21, 2017
You'd think if it was getting released here only after the next update comes out then we'd at least get the full game. Definitely a weird thing to do and lame. How are you going to get more subs when people can't even see the content they might actually pay for?
I wholeheartedly agree. There seems to be a decent amount of content for this update in the Image folder, but the players can't decide whether it's worth supporting the game or not if things will stay like this from now on and they can't even see what they get in return for their support.

Having a FULL public version available for download after the game was released for all the tiers would be a better option, especially since the story's nonexistent and the female characters are drawn to that wimpy MC for no reason other than being too horny and in need for a quick release... the high-quality renders being the game's only plus won't make paywalling most of the content in every update a decision that'll change those numbers on Patreon for the better.

The dev should understand this, work more on the story to make it interesting, add a lil build up between the MC and the female characters and stop paywalling shit, cuz most fans will avoid the game as soon as they read someone's post mentioning this word without even bothering to check it out first. Don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to do this when paywalling content, like in our case, can't be called anything but a counterproductive decision, but I really hope the dev changes their mind about it.

RubyRomanceGames

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2021
I wholeheartedly agree. There seems to be a decent amount of content for this update in the Image folder, but the players can't decide whether it's worth supporting the game or not if things will stay like this from now on and they can't even see what they get in return for their support.

Having a FULL public version available for download after the game was released for all the tiers would be a better option, especially since the story's nonexistent and the female characters are drawn to that wimpy MC for no reason other than being too horny and in need for a quick release... the high-quality renders being the game's only plus won't make paywalling most of the content in every update a decision that'll change those numbers on Patreon for the better.

The dev should understand this, work more on the story to make it interesting, add a lil build up between the MC and the female characters and stop paywalling shit, cuz most fans will avoid the game as soon as they read someone's post mentioning this word without even bothering to check it out first. Don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to do this when paywalling content, like in our case, can't be called anything but a counterproductive decision, but I really hope the dev changes their mind about it.
You're free to leak all that shit if you pay for it. It's a pirate site I've been here since 2019 I know what happens here but it would be disrespectful to my patrons who have supported me and paid for the game to just give that out to everyone for free. It's been 5 months since v1.7 came out anyone could have leaked it out in that time but they didn't. So why should I leak out everything for free when that'll eliminate any incentive to support the game? I barely have an audience and you'll all forget this game ever existed within a week so as long as I have the power to control what gets released and what doesn't then I can promote the game and the new release how I want. If you like the game and want to see what happens next then great! you can support the game now or at lower tiers in 2 weeks when you'll get it. If you don't like it or think the game is mediocre then no hard feelings you're free to play thousands of other games on this website or wait 2 or so months for the next update on here. If you don't like the game and think it's 2.8 stars then that sucks bro I can't change your mind.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're free to leak all that shit if you pay for it. It's a pirate site I've been here since 2019 I know what happens here but it would be disrespectful to my patrons who have supported me and paid for the game to just give that out to everyone for free. It's been 5 months since v1.7 came out anyone could have leaked it out in that time but they didn't. So why should I leak out everything for free when that'll eliminate any incentive to support the game? I barely have an audience and you'll all forget this game ever existed within a week so as long as I have the power to control what gets released and what doesn't then I can promote the game and the new release how I want. If you like the game and want to see what happens next then great! you can support the game now or at lower tiers in 2 weeks when you'll get it. If you don't like it or think the game is mediocre then no hard feelings you're free to play thousands of other games on this website or wait 2 or so months for the next update on here. If you don't like the game and think it's 2.8 stars then that sucks bro I can't change your mind.
I reckon they're ultimately saying there's no need to paywall a public release if the full hasn't been leaked after "months". After that amount of time (it's been a year here on the site since any activity has evolved regarding the VN) the supporters would have little to nothing to complain about.

I'm not wagging my finger or telling you to do different, but that's what these folks are likely getting at.... after this much time what is the point of hiding any content via paywall? You have every right to do so, but that's what they are really questioning bud.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
the dude/dev is a gem...his aim is more support, he is hiding behind his patrons, he "participates" in pirate forum...:HideThePain:
didnt he aware that having paywalled content is one of the biggest red flags any adult game can have?
if he is doing so to "harm" pirates (aka to "respect" his patrons), what prevents him for doing the same for patrons some day? for example, those lower levels could get less/worse scenes etc...paywall is a dick move speaking volumes for itself.:KEK:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've updated SanchoMod to the latest Core (took all damn day) and recoded all of v1.6 back, including the "Grocery" freeroam in v1.6. I'm now sorting the freeroam(s) in v1.7. These freeroam and choice guides are fully and completely dynamic depending on previous choices and current objectives (all data changes in real time, including hidden "gallery" image unlocks):
1710019719327.png 1710027081057.png
This is the same type of coding I have done in the large pop VN's like BaD, UoP, AOA, etc, etc. It takes a long time to do but allows the Player to get the amount of info only they wish (the FR guide is toggled in real time with the ChoiceGuide On/Off toggle, etc). Some of the latest mod Core features:
1710019938440.png

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I reckon they're ultimately saying there's no need to paywall a public release if the full hasn't been leaked after "months". After that amount of time (it's been a year here on the site since any activity has evolved regarding the VN) the supporters would have little to nothing to complain about.

I'm not wagging my finger or telling you to do different, but that's what these folks are likely getting at.... after this much time what is the point of hiding any content via paywall? You have every right to do so, but that's what they are really questioning bud.
Wait,so I was not imagined things and the game really was not seen here for 1 year?
That was a damn too long period of time.
No wonder there is no activity at all and games from previous year have way more traction.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wait,so I was not imagined things and the game really was not seen here for 1 year?
That was a damn too long period of time.
No wonder there is no activity at all and games from previous year have way more traction.
Well, I released SanchMod for v1.6 on Feb 12, 2023... so a bit over a year, yeah. It's certainly been a minute.

XV71

Feb 25, 2020
There is no point in releasing a "Public release" on this site if the content is paywalled and seeing how no one leaked it for a year just for the dev to release paywalled content confirms this game is dead on f95, any dev that paywall's content instead of just the game is one of the biggest red flags a dev can have.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is no point in releasing a "Public release" on this site if the content is paywalled and seeing how no one leaked it for a year just for the dev to release paywalled content confirms this game is dead on f95, any dev that paywall's content instead of just the game is one of the biggest red flags a dev can have.
Well, if you have some patience I'm working on updating SanchoMod. I'm still coding the first new FR but I'll be at the missing content soon enough and eyeball it. Nothing is dead for a modder unless the dev goes AWAL.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes