Tool Text-based Game Manager

bakerdenn

Nov 5, 2019
game-details.png

I know, we probably don't need another game manager as there are plenty of good ones out there, but I love to program and I love old school, text-based software, so I decided to create this.

Current Version:
Release Date: 2022-01-24
Language: English

Game Manager is a simple and fast text-based library manager for your F95zone game library. With it you can:

• keep track of games you find interesting,
  • automatically check for updates to your favorite games,
  • track how often and when you last played a game,
  • make comments for yourself to help you remember the game between versions (or however you choose to use them)
  • launch games and access the F95 forum for it,
  • keep track of what games you've previously deleted and why.
| |

Last edited:

bakerdenn

Nov 5, 2019
Just posted v0.2.0 to my .

New Features:

• Added ability to search for new games by ID, URL, name, developer, prefix, or tag
  • Added in-application settings manager, eliminating the need to manually edit the settings JSON file
  • Added prompts to collect F95 credentials during bootstrap, making the setup process more seamless
  • Added encryption to the F95 password storage since it is no longer user-editable
  • Added option to game details screen to see more titles from the same developer
  • Added a recent threshold to allow "recent" screens to be truncated to things between today and N days ago
  • Added a launch game menu
  • Miscellaneous UI tweaks
  • Updated documentation
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue when checking for game updates from the game details screen that causes the game not to be checked against F95
  • Added error handler for when F95 is performing site maintenance

bakerdenn

Nov 5, 2019
After a long hiatus working on other projects, I finally have some time and desire to devote to this project again. I'm planning on adding some new functionality around tags as requested above. In addition to searching by multiple tags, I plan to add a favorite/least favorite tag manager that will highlight tags based on whether you like them and allow you to filter results by that list. My goal is to get you to your favorite content more quickly and accurately.

Is there anything else anyone would like to see?