Tool Ren'Py Text Box Selector (5 Box Choices) with Opacity Adjustment

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
Hi all! I'm Very new to coding but have been learning a ton from the modders here. Thank you all for the work you do.

Also I would like to share my On-The-Fly TextBox Switcher Mod with Color Preview and Opacity adjustment.

Current Features are:

1.) Using the existing Preferences Menu, it gives you the ability to choose among 5 options for your Dialogue Textbox along with making the 'Textbutton' for each color a preview:
(The stock Textbox.PNG that the games Dev provided, "Dark Blue", "Dark Red", "Violet" and "Transparent")

2.) It also creates a slider bar there to adjust the Opacity of the Textbox.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0005.png

Last edited:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I like this mod works really well.

I do have an request though. I am playing this game Shelter. It has black dialogue text which blends into the background if I make the textbox transparent.

I was wondering would it be possible to also add in an option to change the font color?

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I have used this mod a bunch of times, but Lust Academy does not work with this, when I copy it over to the game file and go to settings everything is gone, just completely blank.

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
I have used this mod a bunch of times, but Lust Academy does not work with this, when I copy it over to the game file and go to settings everything is gone, just completely blank.
I can take a look if you want to upload the scripts in a zip file. It's not really worth downloading the 5 GB game with all those pictures and videos and stuff just for the scripts.

I did look at an older version of the game that I have and it appears to be pretty heavily customized code.

The mods I make are meant to be universal or as close to it as possible without the devs getting too cute with customizing code. I made the decision when I made this and others that I wouldn't go down the path of rebuilding mods for specific games but if I can spot a quick fix I'd be happy to help get it working for you.

Also I am casually (SLOWLY) working on a new version of the which will (hopefully) have several features requested here along with another big upgrade that should allow MUCH more freedom in the options\choices.

Cant really give a time frame as its in alpha still but if it works ill be happy to post it

***EDIT*** Havik79 Lol i just opened up the 2yr old version of Lust academy i still had from last play

NOT even gonna make an attempt to find a workaround for compatibility This Dev nearly rebuilt RenPy in a misguided attempt to Stop Modding? Cheating? Code Theft? While RenPy and by extension Python are much (MUCH) more difficult to "secure" this dev went full foil hat/OCD while peeking through the blinds wearing pink slippers with a shotgun propped next to him. It has translated strings (to both Russian AND Turkish), effectively a numbered reference system for screen labels (like a paranoid Dewey Decimal System), base64 encoded strings (and around 7 other encodings as well), Bracketed, numbered Arrays serving who knows what functions and even fake data spread throughout to give it that extra twitchy tweaker paranoia flavor.... yum!

This is the reason for the blank screen as it is not just intercepting the call for the screen labels... its actually not reading labels directly but instead it is converting the label to a number in a field and the calls are for numbers which then get converted back to labels.... completely wasting resources and likely generation lag in process
That Insanely Overboard and Inane Obfuscation/DRM attempt has completely turn me off from ever playing a game developed by them.

If you are so paranoid or hate your players so much that you wish to take their ability to mod or cheat and want to control their entertainment experience then I want no part of your games now or in the future

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I see, well ok Thanks anyway, but yeah I have 16g ddr4 and just having this game uses 10gig of page file.

Reactions: Divide_By_Zero