Text issues

DinoOrange

Feb 17, 2018
Some games that i try to play have messed up text. It doesnt happen to all games but has happen to a few ive downloaded.

idungoofd

Feb 7, 2019
Same. It occurs in the newer Ren'py games and sometimes I can't even open the .exe files. It'll crash and give me the windows error message. Not sure if it has to do with any Microsoft updates or such.

Madmartigan9999

Mar 29, 2019
Hello Guys, i've had problems with 2 games so far, the latest being A Wife And Mother 0.130.
I downloaded the non crunch version and on launch i got the text bug.
Loading any save then crash renpy with the windows mesage error.
Any idea how to fix this one ?
I'm still on windows 7 64 bits and other "updated renpy games" works fine. Capture.JPG

Deleted member 2183629

Apr 4, 2020
Hello Guys, i've had problems with 2 games so far, the latest being A Wife And Mother 0.130.
I downloaded the non crunch version and on launch i got the text bug.
Loading any save then crash renpy with the windows mesage error.
Any idea how to fix this one ?
I'm still on windows 7 64 bits and other "updated renpy games" works fine. View attachment 1254763
Hi DinoOrange, Kaosreign, idungoofd, L904_DN_053, Madmartigan9999,
Press SHIFT+G >>> Try another renderer
+
Restart the game.

It works often with ANGLE2 ;)

Madmartigan9999

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks, Solved for me :)
the other game i had issues with is Caseys Fall.
The fix worked there too.
Looking at another game that didn't have the issue (University of problem) there is 2 more option available for rendering, maybe thats the issue... AWAM MajG.JPG UNI majG.JPG

Reactions: mint salad

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Looking at another game that didn't have the issue (University of problem) there is 2 more option available for rendering, maybe thats the issue...
Yes and no.

There's two more options available, because it's an old version of Ren'py that still support what is obsolete code. The effective issue is that you have either a too old graphic card, or (most likely) a too old driver for it.
Update your driver and you shouldn't need to change the rendering engine used by Ren'py. If the problem persist, then it's the graphic card that is too old, not just its driver.

Madmartigan9999

Mar 29, 2019
Yes and no.

There's two more options available, because it's an old version of Ren'py that still support what is obsolete code. The effective issue is that you have either a too old graphic card, or (most likely) a too old driver for it.
Update your driver and you shouldn't need to change the rendering engine used by Ren'py. If the problem persist, then it's the graphic card that is too old, not just its driver.
Probably both : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 the latest driver is from 2013 :)

Deleted member 2183629

Apr 4, 2020
Yes and no.

Probably both : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 the latest driver is from 2013 :)
Another solution : create a virtual machine with emulated graphic card, install a unix/linux distrib, transfert the game on it, with a console .sh, then enjoy :cool:

Last edited: