Others - TG Emblem [v0.10.2] [Yurale TG]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Nexus360

More low effort ai generated garbage. Whenever I see a game that has ai art, I immediately assume that the story is ai generated too. It feels like this games dev went into ai dungeon and just copy pasted an 18 plus story into a premade game template.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

imelman

Written for 0.811 version of the game, but I do not see why would I try again due to experience I had.

So I decided to try this "game" out of curiosity, expecting well designed idea that while rough, could be good overall, but as you might expect from sole reliance on easy to make images(AI), well, that turns out to be much, much worse than it initially looks like, and while you "may" enjoy it if you are after its theme, well, it doesn't exactly mesh well with said art that isn't even consistent in artstyle, and has strong writing issues as well, clearly having a strong preference for subservient characters than a self respecting, but loyal character which has a respectable goal to relate. But let's explain in order why it is not good as it seems.

First, the gameplay - you may have thought that in spite of reliance on easy to produce artwork the game could have a great gameplay to compensate, but, but that is not the case; it is a generic turn based strategy where you use gear to attack your enemies, maybe buy/loot new equipment along the way, and upgrade your party members with new abilities, and yet, it steel feels it is a generic free engine(which it uses)strategy with just portrait/writing changes and call it a game, and it doesn't exactly give a good look, especially if how the chapter battles go - from fairly easy to rather hard, if not for fact you can grind stats and money at later stages where you can fight a bunch of enemies for some payout and experience boosts to catch up, but even then, the overall gameplay is so generic that you'll likely end up using the nuke item the game gladly gives you because of how uninspired it is. But the worst gameplay part I would say comes at the church part - you need keys to open the doors and only characters with keys in their inventory or thief trait can open them, and while the mission implies that you can just loot guards for keys to then open the doors, well yes, expect they get sent to party inventory that only your party leader/characters near them can access, which results in wasting time as they take a turn to get items to begin with in a already time limited instance, where you'll better off buying the keys before the mission itself and equipping said party members with them instead of relying on drops that will result in you failing it due to time limit. But there's another one - when turning characters, they change their class and as a result, their stats - while generally it is a pure upgrade over the original, at some cases they lose the ability to use their old equipment, which stays in their inventory at least, but still makes it more annoying when you have to give a warrior turned mage lighter equipment as a result of it. You do have class change tokens, but still.

Writing - Well, if using things like cuz and other modern dialect in clearly medieval fantasy wasn't already a bad omen for me, well, it is a indeed a bad experience here; plenty of swearing which feels over the top instead of reasonable, generic men who "supposedly" serve you out of goodwill but you have to turn them first into I would say even worse writing characters, that are nothing but sex obsessed maidens and random tropes meshed together to form an unholy mixture of traits that at times do not make sense, like a muscular berserker warrior turning into a lolita that can carry huge lolipop shaped axes like butter for no reason other than magic powers. It is really jarring, but lets explain in further - the plot; you want to save the kingdom using turned party members you get while fighting generic enemies that use default sprites and conquering others to join your "harem" and later turning against your advisor to become the sole leader of it, and apparently, the moral is that turning people into monsters is evil, but turning them into "beautiful" humanoid slaves/servants is good and dandy...with bad writing that ensures their eternal, easy loyalty, that is not a convincing way to like such characters, hell, even Warhammer fantasy has chaos humans who turn into bears or other chaos entities, and yet those are more relateable and actually badass with what they offer.
    Also, if you turn into a woman, the old dialogue in events where you have access them as a man will still refer you as "he", and that's in addition even with "she", the dialogue still implies that you play as a male, which doesn't make really a difference in a already sloppy consistency, in addition to events that "supposely" refer as "she", but show a male body image anyway as if there's no difference whatsoever.
    With all the jank overall, like bunnysuits/vibrators in medieval fantasy and especially the contrast between generic enemies and their "commanders" that somehow still use default sprites, it eventually becomes a total nonsense that makes no sense and ruins any enjoyment I could have.

Art - AI generated, I have nothing against if they apply human touch to it and being consistent or at least using them as placeholders for future revisions into normal art, but this is not the case here - many, many instances where the art doesn't exactly match character images, like one where if you are female, the game still shows male body having intercourse with another character, on top the generic leisure events not adjusting for different characters, showing the same generic image with a bunch of generic dialogue. Though I would say, the art should be a strong suit for such a theme, yet its all but random nonsense, like the aftermentioned berserker to lolita case, archer to chunnibou, fat man to non-belly dancer and so on, and while plenty are ironic, they are still not that great due to the art, heck, plenty of male characters have different, less detailed artstyle compared to their turned counterparts, as opposed to all variants being good quality wise. Though the big issue is sprites - all of them are vanilla, and are NOTHING what the character portrait is, which is a big element is to see changes, not a troop with a different portrait and better stats which currently is.
    I would say quanity is a key word in this department than quality, and its not good. Next.

Sex elements - As I said earlier, with combined bad writing and inconsistent art/dialogue in correlation to art itself, they are more on a weird, outworldly feel than anything else, and with main element being transformation, they to not help much when they are that bad and boring to see or hear, and when you have elements featuring generic characters, the even greater artstyle difference between them will be a turning point for such scenes to be enjoyable in the first place. Not good, and not consistent either.

Music/sound - All of them are default music from the engine the game uses, I do not remember hearing non-default music/sounds ever, which is jarring at times, but nothing good to say.

Overall, this "game" while tries to do its job, it does it really bad - sure, there's little to no bugs, but on other hand, a lot of design elements and a generic story full of unsympathetic characters that somehow use modern dialect and at times wear modern clothing that has no reason to exist in a medieval era, and in addition to nonsensical forms plenty of party members have and jarring artstyle differences from case to case basis, this is not a good product at all, the gameplay is default engine framework that could be good if the battles were well designed/rememberable, but with all combined, I cannot see anything of value this has to offer besides transformation elements, and yet those are so half baked(and not relateable due to all things combined), I do not see any reason to try besides to know why you have to avoid said steps in the first place.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TheHandyman

A good tf game, with decent FE elements. Haven't tried the harder mode yet, but base game is pretty easy and accessible for most skill levels I'd say. Could use some clarity with how certain skills work though, like Steal on the thief promotes. Also there doesn't seem to be any use for keys or the lockpick skill in the earlier chapters (Writing this review as of CH 12).
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Gvort324

Just a very promising game, a lot of flesh out dialogue and situation, sure the game lack a pit of polish in the gameplay departements and arts assets, but i am sure it will come with time. More sex situation would aso be nice in the camp (right now there is just not enought).
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bloxxy

Story well done and art with progression of character transformations is really good. Combat system is interesting once you get it down. Same with UI not very user friendly but I believe this is being addressed in a later update. Overall giving a higher rating than currently is because looking at the dev and what they are currently doing it appears that this is a rare case of a dev actually putting the time to iron out the faults and cares about the game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

WatchWaitWhisper

This game is ambitious, but poorly executed. Th fire emblem style battles are cool, but the difficulty is a bit overtuned, mostly in terms of gold and BP drops. The ai lewd scenes are... fine, decent, acceptable, though only one full scene per character's not ideal especially at this level of quality. But the main reason this is rated at two stars is a pet peeve of mine, authors who start out with a game that sells you on something then subverting that thing near the end. In this case, the MC gets (permanently) gender tf'd himself near the end of the current version, 0.37. That's a dealbreaker for me, and getting through the entire game to have that as the result was an extremely negative experience.
    EDIT: Apparently a male route is in the works, which is enough to get me to raise my rating. Probably should wait until it's actually out, but this game doesn't have a lot of reviews and don't want mine to drag down the average too much based on something that's probably going to be changed.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

Really hate giving this game three stars because this is my favorite two things combined into one. A sexy game where you get to see the characters all transform into beautiful women and also a strategy game where you have to keep track of your units, make sure they are wearing good gear, and manage your finances.

For the positives, really enjoyed all the transformations. Just love how varied and unique they all are with each warrior transforming with different pushes to make them more susceptible to their new bodies.

The dialogue is also a treat. Seeing how the characters interact with each other before and after their transformation. Is a real treat to see more characterization of each of these characters.

Now, I enjoy strategy games. I love them. Total War: Shogun 2. X-COM 2. These are some of my favorite games I have ever played. This game should appeal to me as you manage your units. Yet just got myself so frustrated with the game. You do not get a bonus on the map for having an enemy surrounded. High ground is meaningless. At first, I thought the hills and trees would offer some bonus for defensive play but never saw any difference. This game feels less like a challenge to your inner general and instead just throws wave after wave of enemies at you. Also found out way too late that weapons break. Now, that would not be a problem if the game explained that but had to figure that out at the worst time.

Does not help that the User Interface is not good. Found the way to upgrade your character to be really frustrating on this map you have to interact with. Shifting through the menus is a chore. Doable but a chore.

In terms of story, I have no clue what the two sides of this war are. Generic invasion of the land and where the Nation failed, you will step up and defend it. Not only is this generic but I do not even remember the name of this land or what it means for the characters. Are the people invading evil? Is the nation you are defending evil? I don't know.

Already touched on this earlier but wanted to dive into the difficulty. This game is HARD. Now, I have played my fair share of strategy games that are hard. But this game takes the cake in terms of just how frustrating it is. I have no clue when a unit will block an attack, do a double attack, what allies the enemy will target, what weapons can and cannot break, why is anyone an archer if mages are intently superior because archers have such low damage? Now, this would not be a problem if this was all in the Hard setting but I played on the Normal difficulty and I did not feel like the difficulty was normal.

This game could also GREATLY benefit with more easy tutorial levels. Give players a chance to fool around as they find out what formations are best. What weapons counter which. How to deal with terrain. Felt like the game was very light on explanation on how the enemy A.I. works.

This is after V 0.47. Thankfully after playing the game more, you do learn more about the mechanics and can figure out what unit is best for the job.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

fetishgirl

The rating is based off Version 0.39

I really enjoy what is on offer so far. I would love to offer similar games to play while waiting for this to update, but due to reviewing rules cannot so PM if you like this kind of content.

Combat gameplay: Not too bad I think hard mode with permanent death is a little hardcore as it doesn't have the Fire emblem fail safe features if you get killed by an ambush. It was fun and if you can't be bothered wait until chapter 2 I think? Then buy the nuke from the bonus point shop which auto wins all battles.

Story: Without spoiling its a lot of fun and most will enjoy a lot of the content to begin with if you like power fantasies with sexual domination. However there is a major twist that will divide a lot of players. I liked it personally but I know a lot of you won't so if you don't care for spoilers read it in the thread comments.

Sexual Content: I wish the corruption was a little slower with more build up scenes currently only 2 per character. However the fact every character gets manipulated in different ways when there is 10+ characters is fantastic. It shows a lot of promise for the future.

Art: Well I don't find it too bad but the detailed description does make up for it. Hopefully more can be added in the future or more stages of transformation would be great too.

Wish more games would do this kind of content where instead of killing your enemies you fuck them and bend them to your will instead. A great power fantasy with transformation.

This review is subject to change and I will change it if the future versions are terrible or the final product is bad.