VN - Ren'Py - That New Teacher [Day 4] [RogueOne]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

I'm currently in Day 1 (of 2 available), so this positive review may be pre-emptive, but I wanted to get my thoughts more concisely entered.

First off, I'd describe the game as "rudimentary", but not necessarily in a negative sense: it bleeds into writing, modelling, story, lighting, the whole shebang.

Models look almost porcelain, but vary in quality from the better-looking Aiko to the borderline ridiculous protagonist (who looks like the face of a 10-year-old was pasted on to a 30-year-old's body).* Rooms are described as 'full' with 5 people in a room containing 40 desks. I'm meant to be 30, right? Then why does my mother look 30, who I'm living with for some reason? I'm working at a high school, but* the default age is 20?? At least if you said the MC was teaching Year 13 (a real year in some countries) you could say they're 18 or 19, but I have NEVER heard of a high school with 20-year-olds.

On this issue of age, the MC is a teacher who apparently formarly worked at a laboratory of some kind, but if he's teaching then he clearly has a degree in teaching. So once again: how old is he?? Am I meant to believe he had the time for multiple degrees in wildly different subjects? Then moving in to the Principal's office, there a whole load of issues. The teacher claims it's hard for a private school to get employees, which is almost laughable to me. I have NEVER heard of a school where private schools earn less than public schools. NEVER. Unless they're literally failing financially, there is no reason they should be earning less. Then the principal's questions are extremely rudimentary, I'd have hoped we got at least a *bit* more customisation than all of 2 choices for inconsequential points. I mean, not even a "sir" option for a private school? Again, just feels very rudimentary.

However, I liked what the creator was able to do with the animations using the less-detailed models, they're very fluid. The dialogue also holds up to other games on this site, although that's not saying too much with the quality of many of them being nigh unreadable.

Ultimately it seems like a decent foundation for a game who's sights aren't particularly high, and I hope they can be reached. If more was done later on to expand I would be happy, so long as more thought was put into it and it wasn't simply a lot of words describing very little.

*DAY 4 EDIT:

Now, I'm sure you'll see in the newer comments that people are upset about some model changes, and I'd like to comment on that first. The majority of changes are incredibly minor. 90% of them are either very minor, or simply height changes. Two characters, Yui and Sadie, got complete overhauls, however they were there for essentially a minute of conversation and their models now are undoubtedly better. The only contentious change I could possibly see is for the character Georgia, who has her own scene. She is radically different to her first version. The sexual content itself plays out essentially the same, but yes I can see why there people may dislike the change. I think her also looking like Sadie with make-up doesn't help, as her appearance prior made her look distinct enough where it wasn't a problem.

Now, there are also a number of other changes between Day 3 to 4. The majority of model changes make everyone look objectively better. The lighting also appears to have improved, largely through the use of shadows that make it look more realistic. The U.I. has a greater sense of style, and feels more professional. The writing has also been improved: the grammar and syntax is better, dialogue is more natural, the humor in Day 4 in particular shows clear improvement to the original in Day 1. This all lends to the sense that RogueOne's skills are improving the longer development goes on.

One of the few negatives I'd offer is that every scene appears to be brightened. It feels like the gamma has been turned up: while the original Day 3 had a more warm color, the current version is far cooler. It's obviously personal preference, but I prefer the warmer tones, and I think it fits the game better. The biggest example of this is, oddly enough, the Georgia scene. The room's aesthetic war originally darker and warmer, which lended itself well to the environment they were in. The newer one is brighter and cooler, meaning you can see more of it despite the context of the scene warranting the opposite. The darker lighting also helped hide some of the faults in the animation, which are more obvious in the newer version (and unfortunately, the errors appear more frequent, although that may be due to angles and the aforementioned lighting). Obviously her model was changed due to her visually appearing younger (although I'd argue she had a body type similar to Piper Perri, who is 4'11" and skinny as anything while also being in her late 20s), however I feel there was probably a way to find a better middle ground, and unfortunately she looks very Sadie-esque now. The makeup is meant to make her look like she's pretending to look older, but it looks similar to the landlord/mom's makeup, so it just looks overly done but normal. The makeup DOES allow for a runny makeup look though, which is well done.

Overall, I'm improving my score from 4/5 to 5/5, as I believe the game has shown the improvements required to justify a change from 8/10 to 9/10. I will also say that the premise is relatively simple, and the score is based on how well the AVN is within that premise.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

J.R.

In short: the game is ok

Story/storytelling/graphics: not bad, but not that good either. The animations are good (like in many HS games). The game "presentation" is standard RenPy. It works, but nothing exciting here. A plus: the replay function and ingame sounds/music.

That would be actually a solid 3. But the dev decided to take away the special content he promised at the developement start. I am not a supporter, but that does not look good. One point less for that. Edit: There were probably reasons to do that, so I it's not considered in the rating.

Conclution: it's ok, but does not stand out of the masses of similar games (it had it, but that content is removed now).

Review for game version "day 2":
  3. 5.00 star(s)

goonslagoon

If you like Male dom, high school settings, girls drooling over MC with giant Cock, MC cucking other dudes. If you like those you'll probably like this game.

Just adding on, while this game in theory does not have loli, there are elements of this game that I would say fit the theme.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

NotSoTasty

That New Teacher [Day4] [RogueOne]

Yep! Good shit! 2 - The Quickening! (...hope this one will not die)
    Nice looking models, decent and enjoyable story, good and cohesive writing with few orthographic and other little mistakes (nothing much, among of what I spotted), sympathetic girls, kinky and hot situations. Everything is good, but it's only day one. It's only started, so it is quite short for now, only 1 release. Tho, there's already few good scenes, with heavy corrupting aspect. You will decide yourself how deep rabbit hole can be.

You really should check this one out. Oh, and don't forget too follow/support dev, if you liked it. (ofc, if your IRL situation lets you)

Bait and switch with content, paywalls, generic story and models,etc, etc , etc. We lost it bois.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

KGB_Bonobo

Cucking other men, including your own father and little brother, features prominently. There's no tag for this so I thought I'd mention it. If you enjoy that (and lolis) you'll like the game.

I don't, but to each their own. That's not why I'm giving 3 stars.

The writing was all over the place and the pacing was off. Additionally, some of animations looked bad and the exaggerated blushing was terrible on the girls. On the positive side, I loved the way it really felt like the MC's family felt like a family. The way it was written accomplished a lot in that regard very quickly.

The nurse made no sense. She was no where near crazy enough to justify MC's hatred of her. He just a blowjob through a glory hole on his first day at the school, and I'm supposed to believe he's upset that she's sexually forward? The dynamic presented only works if the MC is established as uptight and prudish, but that isn't how it is at all.

I felt there were other problems with the writing and speed at which girls were falling in love, but nothing else that stood out so badly. Overall, I really felt the game was average. It's designed to deliver on its tags quickly and often, and enjoyment is entirely dependent on how much you like those tags.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

primeumaton

Day 1
    Just so we're clear: This is primarily about young students. If that isn't your thing, don't download.

Now if that is your thing, I recommend it.

So far my only gripe is over a bit of text in the last sexual scene.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    (This was fixed so she says 18. No weirdness now. Even if I choose not to believe her ;])

Ok, I lied. My other gripe is I found it before there was enough content to satisfy me. I need more, k thanks.

Fetishes aside, this is more of a 4/5 I think. 5/5 being the best of the best.
    I'm looking forward to more. There were plenty of potential... interests, shown. :devilish:
    ====
    Day 2 Update.

Due to the change of direction (understandably, if unfortunate) I decided to look at this again.

It has shifted from being a great fetish game of little loli girls to an older but still young school girl focus. I like both, so this game is still on my radar.
    However, due to being less unique, I did remove 1 star. Is what it is.

4/5 is still good.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

wtfalan

Finally, a pantyhose game. This is a game I'll definitely be following. A great start so far! Can't wait to see what else comes with this. I'd love to support! I hope this is a project that gets finished :)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

First release but it's already looking interesting
    Corruption a class full of girls and your sister and mother i'm looking forward to :BootyTime:
    Renders are good
    story is good
    no bugs
    few lewds scenes
  9. 5.00 star(s)

LuminescentBerry

Really enjoyed the game dude. Had a good amount of comedy, wasn't drawn out by needless dialogue. The characters also look amazing. I actually thought this was made by 'The Ronovan' after the little allusion you added, only realised at the end message that it wasn't. In conclusion, this was really good for your first game, and if you do decide to continue with it, I'll be glad to follow through your creations. All the best RogueZero!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

VRGO

Pretty awesome first release, gotta say. It's not every day that a dev happens to have tastes that align perfectly with my own, and doubly so that they actually make a good game. It's obviously not a TON since it's a first release but I like basically everything we have so far.

If I were to list my dislikes (trust me there aren't a lot), they'd be:
    - A proofreader or something of the sort would be nice. Misspellings, awkward grammar, the works, but nothing that makes the game unplayable.
    - The MC's personality is. . . weird? Like he seems perfectly okay with certain things one second and very against them the next. With the scene with the girls in 1-B he seemed really chill about the 'show' but was very very against the nurse's plans for the students even though they were no worse than what he already wants to do to them. Then he goes home and does the club scene which is infinitely worse than whatever the nurse planned to do and is just cool with it lmao.

Just odd that he seems to draw the line where he does.

Other than that stuff though great stuff, can't wait to see where this goes
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Coldknock

10/10 I need more

Overall an enticing game that brings in a lot of difference themes. Dream job of any man forsure. Character design leads to many unique looking and acting characters. Body design is top notch. Great amount of content at the start. Really want this one to continue
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Telgar

The writing was very good for the first game. The characters had distinct personalities, knowledge of sex, and interests. The renders and the characters were very well done for Honey Select models. The animations were extremely well done.