VN - Others - Completed - That Woman Who Was My Father's Mistress [Final] [fujikino]

1. 5.00 star(s)

WombatCombat450

I think if you take this for what it is, a short 1 hour-ish story game then it's very good. It has a story that it wants to tell and it does so in a way that's significantly more mature and reflective than 99% of games on this site. A sort of melancholic listlessness permeates the entirety of the game and sets the tone for the characters to interact with one another.

I was a little weirded out by the central theme of "Your father's mistress" but the narrative behind it was solid enough that for the most part I was able to disconnect from reality a bit and just take in the story.

I saw another review talking about how they didn't enjoy it, but I thought the ending was actually rather good. The creator had something that they wanted to do and they did it., there were some pretty solid twists included (even if you saw them more or less coming), and it made me feel something other than horny.

But this is f95 so I'll talk H content briefly. It's solid for this short of a game, frankly. Again, the main theme is a bit weird but the art is great and the voice acting is pleasant. There's no CG viewer so just save at various points, and there are like 5-6 different CG 'scenes' with a few variations, and then I think 2-3 gifs.

Overall I'd give this game a 4.5/5. I was considering a 4 flat out because it's so short but I don't think a good short story is necessarily any worse than a good long one, it's more about how they use your playtime and this game uses it very well.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

BZAI

Painful to navigate through, lots of text and the drawings dont help much to visualize. One adult scene. Definitely has the style of older Visual Novels hard to recommend. I also disliked the ending. If you don't mind very long drawn out scenes with minimal visuals, this might be for you. But I'm here for interactive games not a slide show.