Ren'Py The Adventures of the Rosalind Franklin [Development Thread]

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019

So the die is cast…

Lies, treachery, deceit. In other words a typical Tuesday on any human world. But this is your world, Terra/Sol, and the lies go to the top of the food chain.
So what! How could that affect you? You're a simple peon. A starship pilot, albeit a new one. On your way to your first job aboard the famous research ship, The Rosalind Franklin.
Then this redhead shows up. It's always a chick isn't it? And your life suddenly becomes more complicated.

The Adventures of the Rosalind Franklin
Is an adult visual novel set in the Twilight Sector setting. What’s the Twilight Sector you ask. Well it’s a science fiction game setting we’ve been busily developing since 2009. The setting is the home for a line of .

So it’s on this fully fleshed out stage that our little adventure will take place. A jaunt on a private research ship owned by the dynamic and richer than sin Talia Mason. A woman who can talk to the ghosts of her long dead relatives. It’s not what you think. It’s so much more! Throw in an alcoholic, war hero pilot and the aforementioned redhead on the run from…well we’re not sure yet, and I guess you’ll have to

In TAotRF you get to play two characters. The ingeniously named Male Main Character and the equally inspired Female Main Character. Don’t worry, you get to name them both. The MMC is the newest pilot aboard the Franklin, while the FMC is the newly minted navigator. Both of the main characters have been hired for their first jobs in space and have been lucky enough to land positions on one of the most prestigious private science research vessels in the Twilight Sector. It’s all a little overwhelming to your characters and they have little idea what’s in store for them.

The Adventures of the Rosalind Franklin is brought to you by Terra/Sol Games. A gaming company with a 15 year record in the gaming industry. As stated above Terra/Sol began as a tabletop RPG company but over the years we’ve expanded into fiction, comics and of course now, Adult Visual Novels.

Terra/Sol has assembled a team of three (so far) to bring you this AVN. There’s myself, your humble writer. You can simply call me the Writer. We have Father Confessor our capable programmer and our jack of all trades Xalia. These folks are supplemented by a host of very talented voice actors. Oh, did I forget to mention that TAotRF is fully voice acted? Well it is. We’ve got cutscenes and easter eggs not to mention a filled with additional content for both our free and contributing members. We hope you’ll check us out.

Let’s introduce you to some of the people you’ll be meeting on your adventure.
Male Main Character
MMC_Headshot.png
Perhaps strip poker isn’t your game.

Female Main Character

FMC_Headshot.png
Don’t be shy. You cut a striking figure in your ship suit.

Cybil
Cybil_Headshot.png
Our mysterious redhead. Slightly pissed after pulling your ass out of the fire.

Talia
Talia_Headshot.png
You don’t win the Hue Prize in Physics by being just another pretty face or even a rich girl.

Jesus
I Jesus_Headshot.png
Is this guy more than just a happy-go-lucky security guy with a penchant for organizing poker games?

Hiram
Hiram_Headshot.png
The Franklin’s old school doctor. He believes in the hands-on approach to medicine.

Mio
Mio_Headshot.png
A genuine war hero. Perhaps being a hero, came at a price.

Atticus
Atticus_Headshot.png
A real celebrity. With a grid show and everything. Along with his faithful companion Bentsford his hunting and outdoors show is popular sector wide.

Tensy
Tensy_Headshot.png
She’s come a long way from her childhood in a neo-luddite commune to being the lead biologist on a prestigious research vessel.

Bentsford
Bentsford_Headshot.png
Obviously, some sort of digital intelligence. Bentsford has never revealed if he is an artificial intelligence or a ghost. And why is he wasting his life away playing second fiddle to Atticus on his grid show?

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I don't get it. When does MC's father die so he can move back home to live with his landlady while he figures out his life?

Edit: all jokes aside, the background looks very interesting. And if you lot really and truly are TTRPG creators, then hopefully you've got the experience to actually plan and execute a production pipeline. Definitely would advise getting a photoshop wizard to touch up those renders, and also learn how to use the DAZ depth of field camera controls.

Last edited:

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
So, wait, is there some actual strip poker gameplay in this? Inquiring minds (mine) need to know this.

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019
lagaard,
The Strip poker is a plot device within a scene. There is a mini game of cards with betting involved but your success in the mini game isn't tied to the state of undress of the other card players. Hope you'll give the game a play.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
lagaard,
The Strip poker is a plot device within a scene. There is a mini game of cards with betting involved but your success in the mini game isn't tied to the state of undress of the other card players. Hope you'll give the game a play.
Hmmm, interesting. Well, it can't hurt to give that a try. Always looking to see strip poker things.

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019
We've kind of taken a different tack with romance options. There are main options on the ship itself, 4 each for the MMC and FMC. Then there are and/or will be introduced more short term or friends with benefits options. Both for the male and female MCs. But we are striving to reflect a level of realism in the players relationships so your actions in the game will have consequences. This isn't really a harem game, although if you're willing to accept the consequences you can roll through a fair number of partners by the end of the game.

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019
Chapter One, Episode Two is now available for download via our page. While you're there feel free to join. You can do so now for free on Patreon and it's a nice way to show a little support for any creator you follow. Thanks and we hope you enjoy the episode.
View attachment frame686.webp

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
The mysterious red head looks dominant as fuck, i know shes pissed but she has thos dominant eyes that can scare any man to their knees :p

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019
Glad you like Cybil. Her name is a bit of an Easter egg. Can you guess what it might indicate? Hint: It's a bit of history thing.

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
Glad you like Cybil. Her name is a bit of an Easter egg. Can you guess what it might indicate? Hint: It's a bit of history thing.
I have no idea for as i am from east london and to be honest the history couldbt be from where you are at :ROFLMAO: but yeah i like the look of cybil shes gorgeous and scary at the same time.

TerraSolGames

Feb 23, 2019
Well it is an American reference. Has to do with a famous scientific study/book (?) from the 70s. I have to confess she has always been my favorite character to write and create scenes for.

Reactions: submissive -Ben83

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
Well it is an American reference. Has to do with a famous scientific study/book (?) from the 70s. I have to confess she has always been my favorite character to write and create scenes for.
I did watch a cartoon years ago as a little boy something about benjaming franklin i think i remember him being a scientist of electricity.

she one gorgeous girl thats for sure, i would submit to her anyday of the week if she told me to :love: