VN Ren'Py The Arson Betrayal [Development and Discussion Thread]

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Banner.png
Overview:
The Arson Betrayal puts you in the shoes of Leo Somerfort (or any name you want). With only an apartment in Ablesmith City and enough cash to pay the bills for a few months, you've been working at a café, hoping to save enough money to be able to go to college. But one fateful encounter plunges you into the middle of a conspiracy filled with lies, betrayal, and violence.

Watch your back. Trust no one.
Now it begins.

Thread Updated: 2022-04-22
Release Date: 2022-04-22
Developer: Crispy Chicken Productions - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 4, Version 0.4.1
Language: English, Russian (Incomplete)

Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

c05_s04_052.png c05_s07_052.png c04_s00_050.png c05_s11_034.png c05_s06_119.png c02_s03_025.png
Hi! I'm Crispy Chicken, and I'm the developer of The Arson Betrayal, an action-thriller adult visual novel.
Writing is my hobby and I love video games, and I'm happy that I have the opportunity to create one.

Give the game a try. Any comments or feedback help me in improving further.

You can download the game here:

The Arson Betrayal
Current Version: Chapter 4 - Version 0.4.1

I'll also be posting Development Logs and any other updates I may have here.
Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jabami Yumeko

Jabami Yumeko

Apr 18, 2020
View attachment 1776363
Overview:
The Arson Betrayal puts you in the shoes of Leo Somerfort (or any name you want). With only an apartment in Ablesmith City and enough cash to pay the bills for a few months, you've been working at a café, hoping to save enough money to be able to go to college. But one fateful encounter plunges you into the middle of a conspiracy filled with lies, betrayal, and violence.

Watch your back. Trust no one.
Now it begins.

Thread Updated: 2022-04-22
Release Date: 2022-04-22
Developer: Crispy Chicken Productions - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 4, Version 0.4.1
Language: English, Russian (Incomplete)

Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

View attachment 1776386 View attachment 1776385 View attachment 1776393 View attachment 1776395 View attachment 1776390 View attachment 1776398
Hi! I'm Crispy Chicken, and I'm the developer of The Arson Betrayal, an action-thriller adult visual novel.
Writing is my hobby and I love video games, and I'm happy that I have the opportunity to create one.

Give the game a try. Any comments or feedback help me in improving further.

You can download the game here:

The Arson Betrayal
Current Version: Chapter 4 - Version 0.4.1

I'll also be posting Development Logs and any other updates I may have here.
Cheers!
Those only alice had route? Or other will have it? Can't wait for corruption/love route of other girl and milf can't wait to see (y)

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Kinda curious if this will have a harem ending which seems to be hinted at with some of the dialogue or will we have to make some hard choices eventually?

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Kinda curious if this will have a harem ending which seems to be hinted at with some of the dialogue or will we have to make some hard choices eventually?
I don't want to spoil much, but let's just say that there are multiple possible endings (we're still a long way off from that), and a harem ending certainly is one of them.

Reactions: Burgh917

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Developer Log 0.11
As of today, April 27, 2022, development for The Arson Betrayal - Chapter 5 (Version 0.5.0) has started!
I'm already starting in drafting a script and will begin coding afterward. As usual, updates tend to roll out in a month or two, depending on how busy I am.

That said, I hope you all enjoyed Chapter 4! If you've got any comments, feel free to share them. Also, helping in spreading the word about the game, or leaving a review would also be of great help.
Cheers, and I'll see you all in the next update!
~ Crispy Chicken

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Developer Log 0.12
As of today, I've rendered about 520+ images and some animations (no NSFW scenes included in those yet).
I've also tested and implemented a couple of Quality of Life settings in the menu, so please check it out once the update is released.

Now for the real question: How far am I from releasing the update?
As of today, I can estimate that it'll be around 80% of the development near the end of May. That's the best I can say right now.

That said, we're now half a year since the initial release of The Arson Betrayal! I'll be posting a little something sometime in the next few days to celebrate this. For our Patrons/Subscribers belonging to the Whistleblower tier and above, vote on our poll, to decide which of the girls will be featured in our monthly Patron/Subscriber and Exclusive Renders.

Poll link/s: |
Cheers!
~ Crispy Chicken​