Mod Ren'Py The Awakening Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements[0.4.4a] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
banner.png

Updated: 03-03-2024
Release Date: 24-04-2023
Game/Creator: The Awakening / SLim_Games
Modder: / / /
Mod/Game Version: 0.4.4a
Language: English

Features:

• This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.
  • You can now work at the cafe! added the job as an extra way to earn money (unlocks after learning how the coffee machine works)

Improvements:

• Improving the dialogue UI by changing textbox and font added character portraits can be disabled in mod settings
  • Textbox transparency slider
  • Setting "Text Speed" to "0" makes it instant text.
  • Improved relationship setting (now when changing names in the option player will be asked to select displaying name or relationship so when the name pops up it will either say "relationship" or "Name" for Example "Landlady" or "Abby" will show instead of "Landlady (Abby)" (name and relations can be w/e the play wants) and play now can change what "Abby" refers to the lay as instead of the default "tenant"

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:

Download: / /

guides.png nightevents.png improvedui.png slider.png

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Liz name is showing up instead of Sister. I changed the setting. Mom does show up instead of her name. Any solution?
in chat? or in the name display?

if its in the chat nothing i can do about that, dev used wrong variables in the chat

for the name if you set the names in the prologue before you know liz's name/ realationship you gotta setup the name/relationship agian. (cause the script redefines the names during the prologue)

Once you hit free roam the names/relationship you set should stick.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Impregnator_Erectux
Jan 3, 2021
in chat? or in the name display?

if its in the chat nothing i can do about that, dev used wrong variables in the chat

for the name if you set the names in the prologue before you know liz's name/ realationship you gotta setup the name/relationship agian. (cause the script redefines the names during the prologue)

Oh thanks, I guess I will have to get through the prologue first.

ILoveRarez

Feb 17, 2023
Seems that using Navi/trixy as a name for X-ray does not hide the chat when hovering over the glasses when the mod is active. while using hide

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Still seeing "Mom(Abby)" in the prologue after installing mod

Prologue redefines name as you play after you past the part where the game forces you to pick a name it works fine

dastryker

Nov 15, 2022
Prologue redefines name as you play after you past the part where the game forces you to pick a name it works fine
Still seeing the same problems in freeroam, and even though I've input son as the relationship, I'm getting "Tenant" in the dialogue:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Still seeing the same problems in freeroam, and even though I've input son as the relationship, I'm getting "Tenant" in the dialogue:

and once you hit feeroam you went into options and click the girls picture to change names?

1684949715597.png

can you send my your save

dastryker

Nov 15, 2022
Yes, I went into the menu and edited names (although they were already at Mom and Sister when I did)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yes, I went into the menu and edited names (although they were already at Mom and Sister when I did)

ya defaults is mom and sister it should've also asked which "name" to display... it says you never set them...

1684965556507.png

using your save and clicking show "relationship"

1684965621748.png

after its done click to the next screen so it saves the option DON"T SCROLL BACK (rollback) it deletes the changes

The first screen will show as "Mom (Abby)" but the next screen once its saved shows just "mom" (w/e your named her

if you still can't figure it out let me know what the names you want them to be and I'll do it and send you save file back Lol

Last edited:

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Is it possible to make the display name (above the text) Abby, but the character still refers to her as Mom when appropriate (i.e. talking about their relationship, not when referring to her)?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Is it possible to make the display name (above the text) Abby, but the character still refers to her as Mom when appropriate (i.e. talking about their relationship, not when referring to her)?
Should already do that but sometimes the dev used the wrong varaible as in instead of using the "relationship" variable in chat he used the "name" variable instead, i didn't edit the script files so w/e errors are there i didn't fix but i don't think theres to many should only be a few if memory serves right

Reactions: BigBlob69

chatterbox0047

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, Shawn. Thank you for the mod. I've finished the prologue but all the character progressions are still locked with the message "complete the prologue." Any suggestions? Thank you

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, Shawn. Thank you for the mod. I've finished the prologue but all the character progressions are still locked with the message "complete the prologue." Any suggestions? Thank you
are you sure you finished it? it pretty long it ends when freeroam opens up (not the tutorial bit that still part of the prologue) if yes can you send your save please

Reactions: Trddeny15