Mod Ren'Py The Awakening Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements[0.4.4a] [Shawnchapp]

scorpking

Aug 3, 2023
Hi, installed the walkthrough mod but i just got errors, i hit ignore, but they just wouldn't stop. I'm not great at mods, i'm sure it's me. can you please tell me how to install it properly? thank you.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, installed the walkthrough mod but i just got errors, i hit ignore, but they just wouldn't stop. I'm not great at mods, i'm sure it's me. can you please tell me how to install it properly? thank you.

what are the errors?

and to install extract the rar file then open it right click the "game" click "copy" go into the "the awakening" folder where you can see the .exe file (the file you click to launch the game) and "paste" the folder you copied earlier there if asked "do you want to replace folders/files" click "yes"

Dragging and dropping the folder there also works and with doing "cut" instead of "copy"

the idea is once done if you go into The awakened/game folder there should now be a folder named "mod"

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
I think the mod may be a bit broken because it’s saying with some of the characters need to complete the prologue, and I believe that was only used in the older version of the game
Having the same issue with mine and i'm at the college.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I think the mod may be a bit broken because it’s saying with some of the characters need to complete the prologue, and I believe that was only used in the older version of the game
Having the same issue with mine and i'm at the college.
prologue is still in this verison its the whole intro it ends when free roam opens up

Visick

Sep 27, 2021
First time I've encountered a VN that doesn't have options for the "Skip" button; tab or control. Usually you can choose "Unseen Text", "After Choices", or "Transitions". But this just defaults to skipping everything, unseen text and all. Bit of a bummer. I don't know if this is something a mod can change or not but thought I'd check

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
First time I've encountered a VN that doesn't have options for the "Skip" button; tab or control. Usually you can choose "Unseen Text", "After Choices", or "Transitions". But this just defaults to skipping everything, unseen text and all. Bit of a bummer. I don't know if this is something a mod can change or not but thought I'd check
you can use console to change it