riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
Interface seems okay and dialogue is decently written, but the demo demonstrates nothing interesting. Lots of devs think that putting out demos that stop just before they stop being boring will tantalize players into subscribing to see what they are missing. To me, this just shows that the dev doesn't really have any idea of what will be interesting in the game. Hard pass.
A demo should be a vertical slice of the player experience and should include every intended aspect of the core game loop. Potential subscribers may be interested in art, story, UI/UX, etc. -- a veritable plethora of necessary components for a successful erotic game -- but at the end of the day potential subs and pirating players still prioritize one criteria over all others: titillating smut.

If there's no indication of what that will be like in the demo, then players are being asked to roll the proverbial dice and hope that either their time or their money will be well-spent (depending on their commitment) without any indication of outcome.

As you imply, this harms adoption-rate of the game and loyal followers.

The model of a dev who did their demo right, does their subsequent releases right and doesn't kill themselves, but communicates with players too, is VoidPilgrim from Star Periphery. I rather wish all devs were like them (and that if all devs were like them, their players would pay for their games rather than pirating, but it is what it is).

Reactions: Joe Steel

heskflesk

Mar 20, 2021
Sandbox doesn't seem to relly fit this game, unless my definition of sandbox differs from everyone else/this is just the prologue and you get sandbox gameplay later on

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
I played this years ago and figured it was abandoned. Never thought we see it again... Whys it being updated now ?
it was abandoned 5 years ago after initial release and the dev decided to come back to it. good thing is, if the dev abandon this again, he man return working on it again after a few years.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote