Ren'Py - The Bite: Revenant [v0.9302] [madmate.games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

So far story and writing are good, arts is excellent, MC and LIs (or LI?) are reasonable and relatable.

The game is very far from being finished (so the rating is provisional).
    So far did not have the impression that there is much relevant choice. I would hope that in the long run there are different paths (humanity vs power or whatever) and the player is forced to make meaningful choices (instead of the MC turning out to be the universal über-vampire who is just perfect in everything)..
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Riblit

the game is only at 0.2 so far but the game has a very good start there is a decent story with follow able narrative there's love interests theres danger its super powers its everything we need from a vampire VN the graphics are great the dev does a great job using shadowing and low light to set moods and good transitions between scenes i cant wait to see what comes next
  3. 5.00 star(s)

tonny

After the v0.2 release the story got a whole lot more interesting and I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next and how you can develop the MC and what he can do in the future.
    Renders and girls look really good and very nice animations. So if your into the supernatural, then this game is for you! and looks like there could be a lot of action in the future, so it got everything I like! :)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ghostforged

amazing story line so far. I am completely hooked. strong vampire the masquerade feel which i was a huge fan of as well so, yeah lol. 10 out of 10 for me!!! Renders look good as well and how you get to name the MC is brilliant! Can't wait for more!!!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Arigon

I am revising my review based on update .51.

1st- The models/renders are very good. There is always room for improvement, but frankly these are some excellent renders,
    2nd- The story initially looked to be a copy of it's obvious inspiration of VtM Bloodlines, but I was very pleasantly surprised at the direction the author took with the story AT THAT POINT.
    3rd- The MC is fairly likable, which is rare in an AVN, and doubly so in one where the MC is a blood sucking monster!
    4th- The primary supporting cast member is extremely gorgeous and as a cagey independent Outcast seems to be well portrayed.
    5th- The attempts to stay independent are compromised, as they should be, in any good Vampire story. The beginning of this was pretty spot on.
    6th- Starting in .51, the MC's responses were fairly non sensical to the situation. He had been cautioned, and yet makes statements, which as a player we get no choice in, and are thus railroaded Kinetic Novel style.
    7th- The power of the newly turned MC seems to be haphazardly applied. When stressed in one scene the MC is able to make a significant difference in the story. In a greater stressed scene, which by previously established logic should have released the MC's power again, there was no such option. It was Death or be a submissive bitch.

I am pretty much an authority on the inspirational material for this game. I edit and make inputs on another more successful game in this genre. I really feel that the developer would benefit from some outside input or critique of proposed story, as this could have become a really good one. I am ending my following of this game without becoming a patron of it on Patreon, which I do for all games that I play and enjoy. *or I buy them on Steam. This game will receive no support from me as long as it continues in the path it has just taken.

I wish the developer the very best of luck.
    Peace
  6. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Decent writing and realism along with solid renders and surprisingly fluid animations.

Pacing is not too quick and dev definitely captures the feel of anxiety and intrigue that comes from first being a mundane civilian transformed into a vampire.

Haven't seen many vampire VNs outside of Rebirth so this is a very pleasant surprise and something I'll definitely keep tabs on
  7. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

A VN with huge potential

An engaging supernatural plot with interesting characters that you definitely will enjoy
    The dev did a great job with the writing and dialogues also it's well organized
    Liked the way how it was narrated and how it ended with the cliffhanger
    Great renders with new models
    All in all for a first release it's a great set up for an upcoming thrilling engaging story with good amount of content
    Definitely lookin forward to what comes next

Goodluck dev keep up the good work
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Atixes

The Bite has a wide range of interesting characters. Starting with the protagonist. A man who feels the weight of being an adult and awkwardly tries to find his way. Interesting written with focus on story over sex. Models look beautiful and realistic. It's still an early version, but very promising. Definitely a must try!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

PocketSand

(copy-pasting from post in thread)

Very VERY good first impressions.

The writing is good, and it certainly manages to catch that Vampire: The Masquerade feel I think it's going for.

None of the models are out of place and they are all of , the only thing that made me think twice was the blade the 'Arbiter' had, but it quickly clicked why she was carrying it around.

A good amount of content, if light on the sex but that is to be expected from more story driven games like this.

I'm going to be looking forward to the next release with great anticipation, great job dev.