VN - Ren'Py - The Coven [v0.8] [Former Flame]

1. 2.00 star(s)

SaltySugar

Just a cookie cutter wimp mc that goes along with what everyone tells him to do and has got a magic dick. The dialogue is pretty good tho and the renders look decent, I just can't deal with this Mc that's getting fucked over by everyone and doesn't even react.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

drcynic22

I'm digging this one so far. Renders are a little bit old fashioned, but all the girls are at the least moderately attractive. You play as the lone male witch (or should that not be warlock?) in ages. You've got a lot of power, a lot of hot women, and some magical cum. What's not to like? Not a lot of choices, though. Even still, at least there's a story to it so I never found myself wanting to skip through the text... This is at least one worth checking out.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

JMINATL

[Review as of 0.2]

Story: Decent. Only guy witch in a secret world of generally horny girl witches. Pure escapism that. Lots of potential shenanigans.
    Renders: Good.
    Villains: May not be introduced yet, although there are a couple of possibilities. 1) A presumably tsundere student might actually be bad instead. 2) Also a possibility is introduced at the end of 0.2
    Sandbox: N/A

One item not really made clear is that this is basically a kinetic novel. As far as I was able to determine the handful of choices don't currently seem to make a difference other than some flavor text/images (want to see T or A?). Might make long term differences though.

Overall a fun ride. If you like a linear harem style fantasy AVN then give it a whirl as it has all the makings of a solid entry into the genre.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3250193

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite, most anticipated games. The renders are solid, and I find myself interested in the story, but what I enjoy most is the banter. The dialogue is just really excellent, and that's saying a lot when it comes to AVNs.

If you enjoy urban fantasy or just straight up fantasy, you'll like this. It's well worth the time and I can't wait for the next update.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Boehser Onkel

well

first thanks to @formerflame for the game ,looks tempting

the story --- needs a rework at the beginning ..
    at first the mc like : whats going on ? oh magic , yeah cool thing ,can i go sleep now ...

at the "nurse" office : ".... just a short examination" , got "raped"(yep it is by law description) while mind-manipulated?!
    ( similiar to druged or w/e in reallife)
    and after this : huh im naked , cool thing lets go on ...

later on the woman tell him he got multiple times mind-manipulated and again :yeah cool thing , lets go eat..

there is no sign so far that the mc has doubts or own thoughts about what happen - he just obeys

the story lacks explanations at the beginning - its like "here ,your bone - now chew it" --
    you(the player) have to figure out who is who until some(very rare) hints popup at conversations

and i really hope that the mc is not be going a submissive yes-sayer - the behavior so far points straight to this

BUT ,
    i still going to watch and play it because i think the story can be great
    the animations are good , renders are good , girls are cute (ok the headmistress is a wrinkle one)
    (game reminds me abit of the Sorcerer game)

oh and like my sig says : thats just my 2 cents

gl with the game @formerflame

3 stars for now -adjust it maybe later
  6. 2.00 star(s)

smsanchez21

I know this is just a v0.1 so I'm going to try and give it a little leeway.

If you like your games at a break neck pace then this is the game for you! We go from 0-100 REAL QUICK with almost zero explanation along the way!

There isn't even a hint of character introductions so knowing who is who and what their relationship is to MC is actually IMPOSSIBLE. MC has no personality whatsoever, he just finds out that magic is real and there's tons of witches all over the world but isn't shocked at all! No real questions about anything its just another Monday to him.

The renders are fine. The character models are okay. The animation looks average.

The story is interesting in its basic form. MC finds out magic and witches are real and discovers he himself is a witch/wizard(?) But what is presented in v0.1 is a complete mess. However it has a lot of potential to be a pretty good game. My suggestion is to go back and do proper character introductions for the characters as we meet them. Give MC a personality. That should get the game on the right track.

2/5 for me based off what I played today but like I said lots of potential. I'll keep an eye out for more updates.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Mr.Nonnypants

An Ok start with an interesting idea for the main plot to ride on. While the renders are nothing special and neither are the character models or even the characters in themselves there seems to be the possibility for this to keep up the good work.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

The game has great potential to be the real deal. It has good renders, good animations, pretty decent characters blah blah all that usual stuff but then feels like a puzzle.

Tbh, When I finished playing this version ( V0.1 for future ref) I was completely lost and had no idea what I just played. The game seriously lacks a base. There is no attempt to give the players a good character introduction. Certain characters are confusing as to whether they're Family or school friends/teachers, which if you assume either of , will confuse you even more . The entire writing is a fuckfest.
    The game has left me with more questions than answers
    Are Andrea & Cassie MC's family?
    If yes, Why isn't there an incest tag to this game considering Mc's actions towards Cassie? .
    If No, then why is Andrea behaving like his mother? why are they having breakfast together like a family?
    Is Anna MC's girlfriend?? or was the MC randomly banging the girls from witch school ?
    If the MC was invited to join the school after the incident, why was he in Anna's dorm room the night of incident?
  9. 3.00 star(s)

K-Zen

I usually don't dl/try v0.1 versions but I was intrigued and wanted to give this one a shot.
    BUT...after seeing MC's "magic stick" (pun intended) this is a NO GO FURTHER game for me. Knowing that a lot of naughty dialogs will revolve around the (over)sized package already annoys me.

This being said, it will pleases players that like fast starts : Although it's a short prologue, it already has some action and nudity.

Quick review:
    - Writing is good with funny lines but contains some typos or grammar mistakes and missing or misplaced commas. It needs proofreading.
    - Story is interesting so far but we have to guess who is who as there's no real introduction.
    - Nice renders (faces and bodies) but nothing original. WARNING : Some images in the OP are not (yet?) implemented in the game...or I haven't found them.
    - Animations are ok.
    - Already a bug in the dorm with Cassie.

Anyway, I wish good luck to the dev.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

PROS
    Models are sexy
    Decent amount of game play for an intro
    CONS
    MC is bland
    Characters have minimal personality
    Overall
    Just an average opening act. I know it's just laying the ground work for future updates. There could be more involved. The MC is basically ambushed by his family, and there isn't any reaction. He just simply forgives and moves on. I'll try the next update and change this review if needed.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

NopeGames

Which this was a bit short for a first release it shows a lot of promises. The Dev also took care to add the sexual content people like to see in a way that it doesn't feel like character progression was being rushed in any way which is a GREAT thing. Too often these games have a couple small insignificant things happen then suddenly the girls are madly in love with the MC and are all over him.

7.3/10 - overall rating (breakdown below)

8/10 - story (Short for a first release but still decent)

8/10 - character design (I REALLY liked the gorgeous design of some of the characters Cassie, Riley, River and Anna I would easily give a 10/10. Lilith while gorgeous in the face she did seem a little too top heavy for my likings. I am a person who admires matching proportions and while Lilith did have a matching bottom to go with her top she just seems a little too thin in the middle and face to go with the breast and butt. I'm not saying she needs to be chubby to make it work out it just seems like she was a little too thin in the wrong places.)

8/10 - character personalities (Its a little too early to really give an accurate rating for this as we've barely gotten to know any characters but I did like the playfull sarcasm of Cassie and Riley.)

5/10 - animations (While the there was really only one animation so again its hard to put an accurate rating here but the animation with Anna did seem a bit choppy and fast. The angle was decent and it didn't actually look bad.)

7/10 - environmental (While I am not sure if these are enviroments the Dev made or used premade they were quite nice looking and seems to fit the scene decently. The classroom was a little underwhelming for what I would imagion a present day classroom would be like at a magical academy.)

Can't wait to see more.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Ken Rumble

A good start the only problem i had was i mc dorm room with cassie it kept coming up with a problem i went to the galley played the scene through and it worked good after that i hope the next update is very soon.