VN - Ren'Py - The Daddy Plan [v0.05] [ShaddyGames]

1. 2.00 star(s)

HRF94

a decent premise, but the plot falls way short (everyone is related and everyone wants to bang MC)
    Visuals are decent, animations are subpar. they get a bit better towards the end of v0.05, but certainly need more attention and love
    Models are fine, if a bit samey, except the hideous MC (shown way too much and way too much ginger chesthair)

it's all a bit contrived, MC has no agency, there is no development in either characters or story, choices are "show scene" or "don't show scene"
  2. 2.00 star(s)

dimsey87

On another day I might have rated this more generously, but playing this immediately after a game with genuinely great writing only serves to highlight how bad the writing is in an average offering. There was just no soul, no artistry, the attempts at humor fell flat, the plot was full of contrivances and man...

I'm sure I could go on, but you get the point and I don't really derive joy from crapping all over peoples creative efforts. But I think there's enough proof out there that these games can have good writing that when I play one that doesn't it's hard not to be disappointed
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ubira

I'm going to be direct in my analysis, everyone played the same game so I don't need to explain everything, since everyone saw the same things.
    What I didn't like was the fact that the girls, the daughters of the house, boss their father around, and the father simply always obeys and lowers his head to everything the daughters tell him... like a femdom that shouldn't occur in a normal situation. The father of the family never has a say in anything, as it's always "talk between women" "shiu daddy the girls are talking"
    I feel like everything was planned behind my back,
    They all have a desire for their father, one of the daughters wants to take the place their deceased mother had,
    The girlfriend that the father gets through school work is included in this plot, they all get together and plot something in the long term to get the father to have a harem.
    But what made me stop playing was when all this shit goes bad and goes to the father, and the girls stay silent. The youngest daughter, the redhead, makes the father's mother-in-law catch the father kissing his own daughter, who in this case cheating on his own girlfriend
    on purpose even though she knew that everything would go bad... like a super villain in a movie... wtf
    and the father, together with the player, is placed in a bad situation of "let's talk" between the father-in-law, the mother-in-law and the girlfriend and the daughter, all in the same room, with everything left to the father who barely participated in the "conversations between women".
    I like harem games, most of my games are like that... but when they do it to screw the player and the lis are cool even though it's their idea... then I don't like it so much anymore
    leaving that aside and talking about something less important.,.. the game is pretty much without a climax... the whole gameplay revolves around the girls planning something behind their father's back... without any climax happening... like a " silice of life", each scene in the game is planned to always happen the same thing that has been going on since the beginning of the game, the same conversations about the same subjects.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Teyrna

Kind of weird. Not bad weird, just different weird.

At first, I didn't completely understand the title of the game, but after a few in-game days of the gameplay, I think I have it figured out. The MC isn't so much the active mover and shaker in this story, he is merely a game piece on the board... and his daughters are all taking turns moving him around. Just as game plans in sport are for the players to enact upon the game, the Daddy Plan is a plan for the daughters to enact upon their unsuspecting but go-along-to-get-along Daddy. There might be kinks in the plan along the way, just as there are in any good game plan, but the meme applies even here: Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. Come hell or high water, they will see their Daddy's harem to fruition.

I appreciate that you've added a walkthrough. Seems like it would be silly not to since that's become a hallmark for you. Would be absurd to read about some modder tacking on a walkthrough mod to your game, of all things. Fortunately, even though you've added it to the game, it doesn't really seem all that necessary: Choices are kept to a minimum, which I also appreciate. I don't think we need to require the player make every choice for the MC, especially those choices of the more mundane variety.

The pacing seems a little fast. Possibly just feels that way because I'm late to the party, but it didn't feel like I had gone through a lot of content to get to at least one daughter trying to get the Daddy plan snowball rolling downhill. Unless the story is getting that plan in motion quickly, and the daughters spending the remainder of the game managing the harem roster, membership dues, or harem leadership council meetings with veto measures... in which case, fair.

Graphic quality is good. MC is pretty detailed, kind of a... hairy everyman. His face and head could use some work: his hair is noticeably thinning more than most MCs I've seen--the banner image makes him look much better than he does in most scenes, though that could be due to good lighting--but I'm really impressed with the detail of short-but-plentiful chest hair, good to see he's not yet another hairless science experiment gone wrong. MC has this Irish look about him; it's unique for an MC. Also the MC clearly has a thing for redheads between his late wife and Rose, MC's first real dating prospect since his wife's passing. Not quite sure how the MC and his dearly departed ended up with a couple of blonde kids out of the deal unless there were a lot of blonde genes in the family tree above the parental level--pretty much everywhere, in fact. More notable example of this is Chloe, who has this Scandinavian look with her bleach blonde eyebrows. I say more notable because her slightly older twin sister looks like their copper-topped mother with a bob. At least they're both the same model with the same eye color.

Animations could use some work. They're smooth, fluid, but kind of basic. Didn't really notice until after I started writing up my review when my critical eye started looking for it on the Colorado trip. Kat and MC in the RV, the morning after the first night? That dick might as well be made of stone, cause it don't move. For that matter, neither do Kat's fingers, the whole thing assembly just moves up and down. I won't take stars for it yet because I've seen some games do worse... somehow.

It has music. I like music. The music works. Not much else to say there.

I'll give it five stars until I see a good reason to take any away.

Edit: I like how oblivious the MC can be sometimes.

"No, not mad. Maybe a little disappointed. How would you feel if I played with you while you were sleeping?"

Why? Why-- why would you ask that knowing what you know now? Di-- did you really think you were going to get some innocent "Huh... I don't know how I'd feel" and a shrug?
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Uthuriel

What a great game.

We need more incest romance in this world.

This game has beautiful daughters and a caring loving father.
    The renders look good and the writing is good too.
    It also has the the WT built in, which is a huge plus for me.
    I hope the daughters and the other LIs are all getting bred by the MC.

If you like harem, incest and romance this is for you.

The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the MCs design, but it's tolerable.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

Girls are nicely rendered but they (and other women) absolutely throw themselves at MC and declare their love constantly. It's like MC is very very needy.

The MC is absolutely hideous. He is most definitely what comes to mind when uttering the phrase sex crimes and sadly his face and hair is on screen every other frame which makes it really hard to focus on anything else.

The UI is done well, which should not be underrated since the UI can have a massive negative impact when done badly
  7. 5.00 star(s)

snow123789456

The game offers enjoyment but leans a bit too easily into seduction, warranting a call for added dramatic tension. Exceptional models and well-crafted characters with engaging personalities contribute to a positive gaming experience. The inclusion of incestuous elements adds a distinctive dimension. Events unfold effortlessly, suggesting an opportunity for more nuanced challenges. On a positive note, the plot is evolving, becoming increasingly intriguing as the game progresses, promising added complexity and engagement in later stages.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Slickjack

The Daddy Plan v0.04 Review

I begin by stating that I almost entirely concur with MikesDK review of Aug 17, 2023. There are a few additions to his very appropriate review of, I assume, v0.02.

1) Given that Shaddy is a very experienced Ren'Py modder, it is understandable that he has included a veritable cornucopia of options for the display, etc. of this game. Included is a walkthrough, the ability to choose among four different fonts, dialogue text size, Text Box darkness, MC and Daughters' names, Daughters' "Pet Names", and Daughters' ages, even the name of the school can be customized by the Player!. While changing the name of the MC is quite common, the use of the other listed options is quite rare.

I can understand that a game developer has to present characters' ages as being 18+, but in most games of this type there are serious discrepancies between the stated ages and the actual depiction of university/college life. In my playthrough, I opted for a Private High School setting with the Daughters' ages ranging from 14 to 16 - In the US, virtually all High School Students are 18 upon graduation. I, myself, turned 18 just two days after my commencement ceremony as I was one of the youngest members of my class. I felt the reduced ages were consistent with the Daughters' models and yet still provided for each Daughter to attend the same school and rationalize the use of a school uniform. American (as in the US) colleges and universities only require uniforms for students if they are Military Academies, otherwise students wear whatever clothes they prefer - mostly involving blue jeans. If only other game developers would offer the same options to the players! A big Plus to Shaddy for making these options available to us.

2) The models used for the characters are based upon some DAZ models that have been available for a few years. However, I do believe Shaddy has managed to perform some morphing/tweaking of the characters to the point where they are no longer identical to the models we've seen being used in other games. I was especially pleased to see that he managed to give the Daughters a family resemblance that give no doubt they are all sisters, yet distinct from one another. The use of additional hair assets (including appropriate "wet" hair assets) helped distinguish his characters from the stock DAZ models.

The game includes a lot of redheads! For some reason, the games on F95 seems to include a disproportionate serving of redheads (they represent about 5% of the population, IRL) yet are probably three quarters or more of the characters in this game! I'm not opposed to having redheads in a game, but I do object to the liberal use of freckles which are appropriately included in the redheaded characters. Equally a matter of taste is the use of small breasted, slim-built models even for the 24 year-old Rose. I realize there exists a common expectation by consumers of VN's that there needs to be Big Breasted, Big Assed female characters. I believe Shaddy deserves credit and a loud "Thank You" for bucking this trend and avoiding the grotesque models that seem to populate almost all VN's. Generally, I give the models a plus for the effort to distinguish the characters from the stock models. As a matter of taste, I think the abundance of redheads is something of a slight minus. Perhaps, a slight net plus to the models.

Note: A few of the renders have the skin tone of some of the characters shift from a consistent pale complexion (less melanin in general for redheads and blondes) to a nut-brown skin tone. In fact, it sometimes seems the skin tone has been replaced by the freckle skin tone. I point to the scenes in v0.03 with four characters in the pool while the MC and eldest daughter are standing at the grill, and the v0.04 "Daddy/Daughter Date" with Chloe, the blonde twin. I have to give a bit of a minus to the game's renders for the shifted skin tones.

3) huge43 stated, in his review of Oct 28, 2023 (v0.30), that the story is basically a "Single Again" clone/copy. I can understand his reaction, as this is pretty much a matter of the Daughters pressing/manipulating the MC to become "corrupted" and have sexual relationships with them. The similarity between the two games is obvious. There are a limited number of plotlines available to VN developers, especially if incest is a major theme. The "Single Again" theme is one of the less frequently used and I don't fault Shaddy for using it for this game. There are, of course, differences between the two stories, especially the presence of the MC's relationship with his colleague and former baby-sitting victim Rose.

Some complain about the relationship with Rose, a 24 year-old face from the MC's past, as the Player has no choice but to accept her involvement with the MC. I suppose, in the best of all possible worlds, the player should be able to veto any possible relationship between a character and the MC. I find however, that even in sand-box games, the MC is hard-wired to have relationships with certain characters on an almost universal basis. How many times have I tried to avoid having an 18 year-old MC getting it on with their middle-aged Mothers? At least Shaddy tried to explain Rose's obsession with the MC in providing her background information relayed to the Player in v0.04. More surprising is the implication that the MC has been celibate for the past several years since the death of his (redheaded, big surprise!) spouse. In v.0.04, the player begins to grasp the need for the Rose character. Described as being in love with the MC since puberty, she understandably becomes a co-conspirator and mentor to the MC's conniving Daughters. Additionally, it is Rose who provides the impetus for the MC and family road trip "out to Colorado" to visit Rose's parents. It seemed to me that some real effort was made to make the Boulder location believeable. The use and representation Denver's Pearl Street Mall and likely side trips to rock climbing and hot springs destinations were realistic and helped impart some immersion to the VN. Perhaps Shaddy is familiar with the Boulder/Denver area, or perhaps he just managed to perform some research on the area.

Was it just me, or did others feel the fire that consumed the characters' school seemed likely to be arson? Perhaps this will feature in further releases of the VN. This would add a bit of drama to what is otherwise a fairly bland plot, full of characterization and background but destitute of any conflict. I don't expect our MC to wind up destroying or co-opting the Mafia in this VN, but we will need some sort of story beyond just the MC being manipulated by his Daughters into incestuous relations. I hope the upcoming release of v0.05 (expected in Mid-January) will introduce some sort of improvement on the plot or, at least, bring the heavy characterization/backstory focus to a conclusion.

4) Shaddy is almost undoubtedly a native speaker of American English. This is a real relief from the "Engrish" or poor English translations found in many VN's. While some grammatical errors and word usage errors (such as the confusion of "too" and "to") exist in the dialogue, it is not too bad were it not for the fact that the Daughters have been raised by a schoolteacher. It would be a nifty little bit of business to have a Daughter say, "It's going good," only to have her MC father correct her to, "It's going well." "That too, Da-ad." (flounce!)

Overall Grade: 4.5*
  9. 2.00 star(s)

connor1518

I had high hopes for this VN and ended up disappointed.

I don't mind red hair, actually I have no real preference except this story emphasizes red a little too much though that wasn't the biggest issue for me.

Having a relationship with Rose forced on us was the killer. If she had been left optional it would have been fine. In my eyes I see her as more a side girl than a main LI and forcing the issue didn't change that.

The models and renders look good, it's more a matter of the direction of the story line. Also the reaction of the daughters towards dad becoming involved with Rose felt counterintuitive to their goal concerning dad.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Drizzt248

Loving the game so far, also, I noticed the house the family lives in seems to be the same house jade and the side family from PF lived in, as im playing on android 13, there have been a few stutters and issues, but nothing i dont already expect from my low end device
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

A person who creates Wt mods, creates a pretty much linear VN. The game follows the usual design of other games like give you a non avoidable girlfriend as sex release, gives you an easygoing character to convince you that the game is about what the game is advertising, and makes at least one of the characters non obtainable.
    The easy going will follow the usual handjob blowjob, thighjob, and the girlfriend pretty much goes straight to sex.
    I dont understand why you are gicen the option of rejecting characters that are supposed to be the core of the game, but there is nothing you can do to reject a side character.
    Well, graphics are decent, the usual daz but at least it doesnt go with weird poses that make everything horrendous. Girls are not special, you have seen them all of them already in other games, and sex scenes are slightly above average, but I feel like they are lacking something, maybe because the dev is trying to hold back, or maybe because thats all there is, in which case, it will be a pity.
    There are a lot of "events" like the movie night that are just a thing that starts and ends, and nothing happens, I dont know why you make the characters talk and talk about the movie night, and when the movie night starts, it ends after a couple of lines and 2 renders.
    And the whole last part of 0,04 where you visit the couple kind of killed any good opinion I could have about the vn cause nothing happened during that part, it was like it went back to V0.01

Those are the things that stop me from inmersing myself in the story and have a better opinion. I expect it to improve when it has more work and updates, but right now I dont see too much potential showing.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Retrox2301

Hmmm ok, I stopped playing the game when we were on our way to Rose's parents, just because it didn't really catch me, I usually try to give every game a few hours of playtime to see if it gets better or not. BUT!!!!

Like I said, the game wasn't able to keep me hooked, neither the renders nor the story

1. Story
    The story is ok, tries to go the wholesome path, but feels stale tbh
    The MC is a teacher, who raised 4 girls by himself, but is somehow the most incompetent person in the whole game. The girls are all in love with him, but remind you every 10 seconds, how uncapable he is, which is funny at the beginning, like the typical dad trope, that he can't cook and stuff, but gets more and more annoying if you get further into the game.

The girls are really close with the dad and each other, which fits the whole "wholesome" Theme, which I normally like. Sure, it feels unrealistic sometimes, but I don't play these types for their realism (the real world is boring). Which bothers me that the game feels rushed at some parts, sometimes half of the day is skipped (14-Hour Road trip), which could be a nice change of scenery or show some cool events, or the relationship with the oldest daughter for example,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . Ok, let's move on.

2. Renders
    The Renders are ok, the models feel like a bit dated, not from the render quality but because of the style (Daz I believe). At least they're not grainy, which I really appreciate. The body proportions are also pretty good, so no giant wobble heads or monster boobs. The animations are pretty simple, which is not always bad, but again feel very 2017 like.

Last words
    Even tho I had to quit the game, for some reason I have a feeling that the game has some potential in the future, or at least I hope so. I will get back into the game in a year or so to see if it has changed and if the already released content got polished. I wish the dev only the best in his career and with this game

Retrox2301
  13. 4.00 star(s)

huge43

so, basically a Single Again clone/copy, with an emphasis on redeads, even down to using every red synonym possible. The unfortunate side effect of this, is it tends to lead to the view that you're in redneck country too - ye haw!! Adds realism to the familial relationships perhaps, but I find it slightly detracts from the premise.

Its a fairly decent romp so far, with fairly obvious future paths following well-trodden routes in other games. Not a bad way to spend an evening, as long as you don't mind deja vu intruding in your thoughts
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Onichief

Really good models and render and I like the simplicity of the story. My only gripe with the game is how it forces you to be in a relationship with a character. And in this case I'm talking about rose. I don't like her character, she's thrown in there basically forced to be with her and to me, I just don't like that in games. You should always have the option
  15. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I like most of the story, single dad with 4 great looking girls whats not to like.

The only thing i feel is a bit stupid reallllly stupid, is how the 4 girls tells rose they all want to be in a relationship with the MC/Dad so she has to agree to sharing him with them, none of them really knows rose yet not even MC since he hasent seen rose for 12 years and not only that rose is also a teacher for 3 of the girls and a co-worker with MC, it makes absolutly 0 sense that the girls come clean and trust rose with all their secrets, lets be real none of them knows her and that kind of information could destory them if rose where to be against it and went to the cops/goverment or whatever to expose them that might split up the hole familie, there is just no point what so ever to that a risk like that.

I was really happy to see that the game has done virgin scenes perfectly it just feels like a rare thing in AVNs made me go up to 4 stars from 3 on that alone, if games keeps it up i might change it to 5 stars later.

Story 4/5
    So far i like it but time will tell how the story will progress as game comes along, i hope it improves a bit without to many stupid things happening, i am not that big a fan of rose yet, but would hate to see her trying to come in between MC and hes daughters unless MC kicks her out stright away if she tries, same goes for MC would be bad if he dosent put hes daughters first, hes already pushed rose onto them insted of listening to them and their feelings, mostly in isabellas case but thats enough.

Choices ?/5
    Cant rate them yet since so far i havent really seen any effect on the few choices you get, not sure if they change anyting or if its closer to a kenitic story, i know text change very little but it does, but so far there has not been any big changes like you cant turn rose down, i just hope you wont be forced to be with other girls as well, but time will tell and ill update this later as well.

Graphics 4/5
    The game look good and has nice looking girls and i just love the fact that none of them has oversized tits like so many other games, for me they are just perfect.

Animations 4/5
    They are smooth and they look good, i have seen better ones which is why i picked 4 .

Music 4/5
    Always good to have music in a game and this is a pretty good selection of music.

Game has a big potential, cant wait to see how the pregnancy part will play out in this game if its part of the game or just a few scenes when game is finished hoping for the first one, would be a nice change for once.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Margon27

I like the game very much. It's a slowly developing very good story, contains my fetishes and pretty female protagonists with small, firm tits and asses.
    Plus you can really indulge at the options, change names, pet names and ages or for example choose one of 4 fonts etc etc.
    A wonderful game within a lot of possibilities, thank you very much!
  17. 2.00 star(s)

AlFi5

Man, couldn't make a more milquetoast MC if you tried. Dude just exists. He has daughters, that's it. First of all, he has 4 teenage daughters and somehow he can't cook and his daughters have to do it for him. He can't control his students nor teach his class, yet again, one of his daughters has to come to his rescue.

One of the teachers ask him how he was able to afford that house on a teacher's salary. Of course, there is no merit on his part here. His late wife bought the house and he also tells how they will be paying for the daughter's education with her money. In that same scene, he tells the teacher how the oldest girl basically took over for him in many of his duties. He always says how it isn't easy, but he does jack shit when he's in the house. Dude can't even make popcorn. I swear he's useless.

The dev is perfectly aware of how useless the MC is, though. The MC asks the teacher "who's the parent here? Them or me?" and she says "if Izzy had something to say about it, it'd be her." It's honestly embarrassing to play as this mf and totally unbelievable that anyone could crush on him.

He has to literally ask permission to his daughters to see if they allow him to date. They weren't kidding, he really is no father. Either way, he dates the teacher whether you want him to or not and I don't like the teacher, but it's truly pathetic that he has to ask permission. As pathetic as it is, they do allow him to date her, BUT, under the condition that they get to "veto" the relationship. I honestly got second-hand embarrassment from that scene.

His daughters literally buy his clothes for him. Honestly, I could go on and on, so I'll just stop here, but you get the idea. Anyway, aside from the useless MC, as it has been mentioned before, the girls are like a collectible, they don't stand out as individuals aside from Isabel. Nothing to get you to like them somehow.

Also, there are only a few choices and some of them change nothing. You're asked if you should let Izzy know that her boobs are peeking out, but even if you choose yes, the MC decides all on his own that he won't say anything.

As for the plot, it's extremely mundane slice-of-life stuff. But slice-of-life usually has some extra sauce that makes it enjoyable, such as comedy. Here, however, it's all just mundane stuff like going to school, going to the gym, watching a movie, etc. Of course, the "extra sauce" here are the sex scenes, which are almost non-existent compared to the amount of content there is.

This game is also missing the corruption tag, although it's the opposite of what it usually is. The daughters corrupt you, the MC. The renders are fine, I suppose. Nothing too ground-breaking, but better than many that have clear errors and/or look grainy.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Crow Lotus

What story of it there was, was interesting to say the least. And unlike some I have tried and played, it just wasn't the same renders over and over. BUT there is a dark side to all of that.
    Like a lot of other games on here, just when you start getting interested in the 'storyline', the game ends abruptly. Considering the game has just come out, wondering if it will be 'finished' or abandoned like so many others.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Zapbran

I'm going to be so pissed off if this doesn't have a happy ending. This game has made me realize my main fetish is love; I really enjoy that this focuses on the love of everyone involved over the sexualization of any and every character in the game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Some-Dude

Great game, but a little too easy on the seductions. a little more drama would be good.

Great models.
    Characters with great personalities.
    Very incestuous. always a positive.
    Things happen a little too easily in this game.
    But the plot is getting more interesting as it goes on.