Unity - Completed - The Demon Lord Is New in Town! [v1.03] [Daijyobi Institute]

1. 3.00 star(s)

MegaBurger_47

When I was playing this, I remembered this being similiar to one of my personal loved game, Holy Knight Luviria (it even has a hentai anime). And wouldn't you know it, this game is from the same developers.

This game has 70% charm that I love from the original, cute characters and very kinky dialouge. But I still remember the original plot from the Holy Knight Luviria while this game's plot is dog water. Seriously, the OG was very simple, you're the demon king that's trying to help others while Demon Lord is new in Town is lunatic in it's story telling. You can read the others' reviews for better details

Here, I will talk about some sides people might miss. To be honest, the reason why I fell in love with the Holy Knight Liviria is because of Liviria, she went from a noble knight to a sex obssesed person. She hated you from the beginning but started to love you near the end after she knows your good motives and how depedent she is on you(which is honestly heart warming). Lizz is essentially her in this game, only 80% like Luviria that I know of

This review is more about my personal experience than a review. So here's a truthful review. Shit story, one dimmension characters, long ass dialouge. 2/5

While here's my take, still shit story, one dimmension characters but it's fun to corrupt them and they are very lovely, still long ass dialouge but the repeated H scenes edge me very good (like the scenes are much more erotic than it should be). 3.5/5
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Loro

Gameplay:
    + Easy to understand. Romance points by talking to them, doing activities, dungeon crawling etc.
    - At a point, very repetitive
    - The Dungeon crawling mode is literally just a gap-filler, having no value for the game.
    - At a point, it turns into a clicker game, since you need to just spam activities by clicking on them, to progress with the girls.

Frequency of scenes:
    + Frequent enough

Dialogues:
    - At first evenly distributed (basically bearable). But then, huge walls of text when last events are reached.
    - Generally the story is kind of boring. Feels like gameplay and story are independent, as if story and gameplay just casually exist next to each other, instead of being entangled into each other, and the game would have survived even without its current story.

--> All in one: This game is a mix of a light VN and some kind of management/dating Sim. Amount of text was bearable at start, but when reaching late-game, literally all events occur after another, giving lots of text to read. When you dont read text at the moment, you are trying to win over the girls by talking to them, buying stuff from them, training them etc. Just one girl's activity is more special: you do dungeon crawling with them, can drop equipment etc. But that dungeon crawling/adventuring minigame was implemented very bad, because it doesn't add any value to the game and feels more like a gap filler. Game mechanics had potential, but execution was bad. 4 of 10.

Should I try it?:
    At start, the game feels a little bit fun. When you are able to survive the amount of text at the start, the gameplay itself will be fun at first and even the story feels interesting at start. So, it is worth to look into it. Later on after playing a while, you can decide yourself, if you want to go on with it. I completed the game (at one point I just fast-skipped all texts), just because I was already so far in the game anyways, didnt want to drop it right before the end.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

I really enjoyed this game a lot. The art is very well done, and it features some very steamy scenes along with many different kinks. Additionally, the game has a good amount of visual content.

Unfortunately, the game loses points as it is more of a visual novel than a video game. It is loaded with unnecessary text, making it difficult to know which character is saying what, and the grinding and progression system is not very significant.

Nevertheless, the hentai scenes are very well made, the art is sufficiently good, and the Japanese voice acting is very well executed. If you're into these types of girls, you'll probably enjoy it a lot.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

toak

This is more or less a nukige visual novel and not really an h-game. All the other bells and whistles are fairly pointless.

Story 3/10

The story is kinda there but not great. In short you're a demon lord who tries to regain your power with demon nuts. You come to a town and you basically go around and rape some girls into sexmission.

Each girl has like a story-ish, but it's not really significant.

Aira's is probably the biggest where it's revealed you're actually not the demon lord but the royal knight who came to slay him. She's feeding you demon nuts to let the demon king possess you. Obviously you dick her into sexmission and she abandons the plan.

Chocolat's story is flat. She's looking for grimores for some reason, you dick her into sexmission.

Emma has even less of a story. Her entire personality trait is that she's full on narcoleptic and you dick her into sexmission while she's sleeping.

Elizabeth has a bit of story where she wants to be a knight but she totally sucks. And yes, you dick her into sexmission.

There's some "larger" story plots, but they're not really anything.

Gameplay 2/10

The gameplay doesn't really matter. It's just there to waste your time between VN aspects of the game.

Additionally, some gameplay aspects has bugs. It doesn't really matter since the gameplay doesn't matter as time doesn't matter, but it's just annoying since it's just dumb things that don't work well and so the game feels less polished.

Art 7/10

The art's pretty decent. All four of the girls are nice and they have decent ahegao faces. There's a decent amount of variation CGIs per scene as well.

The scenes are bit too long but since this game is basically a nukige, what else does it have going for it? Additionally a lot of scenes are repeats and there's a repeat usages of art assets.

Overall 4/10

This game is a nukige with some game trim around it. Obviously I didn't think that worked too well.

There's no real ending to the game either. You get everyone pregnant but they're all pretty unaware of each other and you're trying to think of how to handle this and... fade to black. What a shit ending.

And really, why have 4 girls and no real harem? There's Appends, which are basically extra scenes... but they're not cannon. At the very end, you memory wipe all of the girls, so it's basically a fever dream.

Overall the game took like 10 hours to beat and many of those hours were just sex scenes so the h-density is quite high. However, just high intensity sex scenes doesn't make a great h-game. At that point, why not just watch hentai? A good h-game needs to mix h with game.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

IndriIndri

As many others have pointed out, this is basically just a Visual Novel with extra steps. The gameplay here only exists to serve one purpose: Give some sense of "progression" as you grind up stat values to get to the next sex scene with each girl

If you look past the mindless clicking, then the characters and their CGs are well drawn and most were pretty great in regards to the content. I'm a big fan of pregnancy and so going from the girls just treating us as a friend to having all four of them pregnant was very enjoyable. All four of the girls are fully voiced during their H scenes and while some of the dialogue is typical hentai stuff, you have plenty of scenes for each girl that evolve as you raise their intimicy going from simple groping to impregnating them.

The story is mostly uninteresting besides establishing the characters and you'll have about 3 times where the game goes full visual novel mode and puts you into lots and lots of reading before you get back to the usual activities.

I should mention though that there are fetishes present you can't turn off. The main one is pissing, particularly nearer the end of each girls path. I'm not a huge fan of it so I just kinda skipped through when it happened. Append 4 also has one scene where Emma and Chocolat dress up as babies, so that was also a skip for me. Lactation, some Hypnosis and Cumflation are also present, but those don't bother me at all. Still, just know that sometimes you might have to just skip through a scene or two due to this

Even if the majority of the cgs are good and how our character interacts with each girl kept me engaged, it can be hard to ignore how mindless all of the "game" mechanics present are.

--

This is how the basic game loop goes:
    • Start a day with 6 energy. Running out of energy moves to the next day and uses 1 demon nut. This also raises your "Demon Level" (which for the most part you never think about)
    • You need to procure more Demon Nuts to "survive", which you can do with Aira for gold and 2 energy
    • To get gold, you either do a Guild Quest with Chocolat for 4 energy (which has some auto battling and 1 button press for a special move), or Training with Liz for gold and 2 energy
    • You can also buy potions from Emma which will heal you during the autobattling in Guild Quests, but these cost gold
    • All of these activities besides the guild quest are short chibi animations that play for a couple seconds and give you the rewards. The Guild Quest has a chance to be replaced by "found treasure" which skips the auto battle entirely
    • All of the above actions raise affection with the characters they are a part of, so your main goal for the sex scenes is to just do whatever each girl has to raise affection and keep demon nuts above 0
    • Once you get a relevant scene, you also have to raise their lewdity by repeating "Daily Sex" scenes. Maxing both will let you then spend 3 energy for a (usually) decent H event, and then it starts again.
    One major issue with the above systems is that you can never lose this game. If you run out of Demon Nuts, then you'll start the day with 2 energy. This means you can just procure nuts and get right back to the next day without any consequence. If you have no gold when this happens, you can just train with Liz and as far as I can tell this will always give you enough gold to procure demon nuts so at most you spend 2 days and you are perfectly fine.

So without any way to lose, you are mostly just grinding these activities over and over until the girl you want maxes their affection, and then further grinding the Daily Sex to max their lewdity at which point you get a Sex Scene and repeat the whole process.

--

The Daily Sex activity is just terrible imo. Repeated CGs of the last scene you just saw with that girl with slightly different dialogue and the UI lies to you. It says it costs 3 energy, but actually it costs 3 energy AND demon nuts as well. It will move to the next day so if you do it at 6 energy then you waste 3 energy which sucks since it doesn't show this when you see it.

There can be downtime for each girls events as well. Sometimes you need a story event to trigger before it'll let you get the next scene, particularly with Aira. You can't just focus one girl as the game will make you raise the affection of the others to get through the story and conclude the game. Also had to do some pretty harsh grinding at the end as I didn't raise Aira enough compared to the other 3 so had to just spam Procure Demon Nuts and daily sex to get her final events (I had tons of gold from S rank guild quests).

Last thing I'll mention about the gameplay is the Auto battling which is the closest it gets to actual gameplay. Guild quests will put you into a fight against 3 opponents back to back where you, Aira and Chocolat attack automatically over time back and forth until the opponent dies or you die with no potions left. While you do guild quests you can find equipment that improves your stats, and normally you'd expect that you need better equipment to handle higher tier quests which in turn give you more gold and affection with Chocolat.

What instead happens though is that you can just buy a ton of potions from Emma and every 2 potions will auto fully heal you during the fight. You are locked out of harder quests anyway until you progress through Chocolats story by which point you usually can just equip whatever and be fine for the next tier with some potions. So at no point did I ever fail a guild quest or need to retreat because I always had enough potions and I just slapped on whatever equipment looked good. It felt like a wasted system and I'm not sure why they chose to add stats and equipment when it doesn't really matter.

--

Still, I can't really hate this game because despite its flaws I still enjoyed the events. You can unlock new visuals in the menus with each girl once you raise their affection enough, and the "Talk" button will change what they have to say (although it's almost never worth actually pressing it since it costs 1 energy for 1 affection). The progression of each girl was good for me and each one kinda has their own limits. Aira for example is much harder to eventually have sex with than the others while Chocolat is pretty open to the groping even at the first scene you have with her. I'm pretty partial to games where you don't just start off fucking within moments of meeting and have groping or other teasing.

It's worth checking out the other reviews if you're torn on playing this game, but for me at least I still played the game to completion in about 3-4 hours. I think the scenes this game has are good enough for me to reccomend this, but if you hate the idea of the grind this game has then maybe use a Full Save or cheats.

(Final note, this game doesn't have a satisfying ending at all. Once you max all four girls, the game has a short scene that doesn't really mean anything and it ends leaving you to play through the 4 Append stories which take place before the girls even get pregnant. Very dissapointing)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 6/10
    Imagery: 8/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Kinks: 8/10
    Overall: 8/10

This would have been an average score from me, but then you could fuck them sleeping.

Saved from an average score by the surprising fact each girl has a sleeping bang handful of CGs to unlock, outside of that specific fetish there's some hypnosis, but it's not the usual kind that is right in your face. It's more subtle, like think, Snow Daze subtle.

The girls offer some nice variety. You got your helpful demonic cold-fish type, the sleepy priestess who is easy to trick, the high and mighty noble you can bring down a few dozen pegs, and the dark elf that probably would have just fucked you if you had just asked. Reach certain levels of intimacy and friendship, and you unlock different standing CGs for them. Clothed, naked, and preggers. Interestingly, while not usually a pregnant fan, their pregnant CGs were the hottest imo.

Gameplay, you pick a few action to take each day, raising your level with a specific girl or girls, manage your couple resources, and delve into the adventure minigame to unlock gear, weapons, and accessories that are only useful while adventuring. Of course adventuring is also how you raise you level with the dark elf, so there's that too.

Sadly the game keeps itself low due to the lackluster endings. There is no good harem end, it just kinda sucks. The best endings are the solo ones, but I'm the demon king dammit, all these women would belong to me! What is this pathetic harem end that goes nowhere? Boo~
  7. 3.00 star(s)

xa0

It looks like someone was trying to create large sandbox with different activities but it didn't end as planed or there was not enough time / funds to make it good.

So we have here:
    * Lots of content for hours but most of it is just repeatable stuff.
    * Many uncensored sex scenes but... Unfortunatelly they're all just static pictures with lots of boring and stupid dialogues (like really really dumb sex dialogues).
    * Confusing and not well written main story limited to reading plain text (no animations, pictures etc.)
    * Nice looking, animated auto-combat system with leveling and collecting equipment... Which is completely pointless considering it has no impact on story and it's repeatable.
    * No real ending. Story simply cuts at some point and you can only repeat old scenes.
    * Heavy focus on urination, lactation and pregnancy fetishes... And stinky cocks... Yeah totally. It's like every girl complain all the time about how stinky MC's dick is.
    * It looks like sanbox but it's just repeating cycles about maxing exp bar of every girl and watching sex scenes and maxing bar and watching scenes... Or more like reading than watching.
    * Japanese voice acting with sounds and music... So we can surely say that audio part is done quite well.
    * Really nice and well made drawnings of four different girls.

Game looks good and it's playable but it surely could be made much better.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Sinphil

For me it was bad, though a lot down to my tastes. Firstly I found routes the same with ridiculous obsession with piss and lactation on every girl. I not a fan of either and no tags for either.

I didnt like art style at all with oversized tits and nipples looking ridiculous and the bodies just didn't work for me with no body definition at all. he H scenes already repetitive due to poor script became even more repetitive with same scenes reused constantly.

The story and writing were poor and went nowhere.

The gameplay was a massive grind with absolutely no skill required .

Despite the dragged out process the characters were bland and did not develop at all.

A total waste of time IMO.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

The Demon Lord Is New in Town! [v1.03] [Daijyobi Institute]
    Not a bad game but I personally don't recommend it.
    Badly structured story, some normal dialogues, others placed one under the other in a very original but strange way, not appreciated.
    Repetitive, not only for the actions, but also for the scenes. You have to see the same scene over and over to unlock a new one and it will always go on like this.
    Excellent girls and drawings, even if towards the end the game tends to exaggerate with the scenes and loses its initial charm (tastes, you may like it).
    The voices I don't know how to evaluate, they are very suitable, but just putting them in the new scenes was not a very smart choice.
    Once finished you can no longer have relationships with the girls, you will only be able to see the old scenes via diary, which obviously is not appreciated. While not a great choice, a final scene that you could repeat over and over was still better.
    In short, a nice game not to be replayed, but personally I was disappointed a lot.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

mrttao

v1.03 + DLC
    This game would have been 5 stars if it was not for the mandatory piss fetish.
    It only shows up pretty late in the story too.

I usually shy away from japanese games. They have a ton of problems such as the Herbivore MC, extreme grind, Censorship, Zero fetish choices.
    This game however differs from other japanese games in that it only has 1 of those problems, which is the inability to opt out of fetishes.

You have 4 top tier waifus. The sex is fantastic. The gameplay is enjoyable. The story is great. And I really really like most of the fetishes (all but the piss, which I hate). Almost top tier game, worth the fap.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

Eh, the game's alright, but it's yet another one of those VN-ish games where you just repeat the same stuff over and over and over again to pad out the game's time and raise a counter again and again and that's basically the whole game, just dotted with some sex scenes that you cross your fingers and hope wont throw something gross in there that'll turn you off.

I mean, I don't HATE the game, but leveling up and finding I need to pass 100+ days to get another level is just bonkers, and half the gameplay is just repeating the sword girl's combat training 1000x or going into the idle RPG minigame 1000x.
    Definitely recommend nabbing a completed save, IMO.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

StolenSweetroll

It is a visual novel. No animated scenes but I would say that the scenes are pretty good. There is different fetishes for each girl which are fitting. The gameplay though is quite repetitive and bland after a while. The demon seed management is pretty boring and the combat is an auto battler.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Diangelius

The game is technically a visual novel, but instead of regular VN where you can see the background and various characters, most of the time this game just dim both behind a wall of texts. All story scenes and contexts were locked behind the wall of texts, it was like I'm reading a book rather than playing a VN. Not a Cup of Coffee to a person with slight Dyslexia like me.

Art style is quite good and polished, this i like the most. No motion? It's completely fine, but H-scene for each character was reused too many times. To those who read a considerable number of hentai VNs or Nukiges like me, even if you see new sex scenes, you would still skip, cuz' you would be already too familiar with those lines already.

Gameplay is all about clicking and clicking, battle is auto attack, all you do is waiting for the pink Charge bar to fill up then hit Combo, that's all. There's no buying and selling any battle gears, only buying 1 potion from 1 heroine just to cheat death. So yeah, the game cannot be considered as an RPG, everything is extremely simple, lighthearted, some people may like this.

Grind is not too tedious compared to some shitty games i had played. Tedious but won't take you long to fill the girls' intimacy and naughty bar, as the more demon level you get, the more of those values you can earn.

Story is ok, so far i find nothing impressive. The game was made like a pictured book with a lot of texts, which means i need to read them again and again to grasp more of the story's ideas. But alas, again not my Cup of Coffee ==". So i won't rate much about story and i leave this to other bookworms for better review (hope there would be).

Judging from the UI and UX of this game, it's very smooth, close to no bug or lag whatsoever. From all of the above, I can feel the Devs' enthusiasm in making this game. But i hope, in the future, Daijyobi Institute could make more games that's not simply a book like this one.

I rate 4 stars overall since the game is entertaining enough, not that bad like some reviews stated. I'm guessing perhaps they played this game with the expectation that this game would have acted like an RPG game. From my own verdict, this game may be still worth your time.

But... no replay value.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

c.o.w

this is more a VN that anything. Sometimes if feels more a clicker that anything, there little grind per se but is just become monotone very fast. You could hold ctrl to skip events and you probably won't be missing something relevant that support the scenes itself

the scenes are good, and on top are uncensored and there variety of them to give it 3 stars
  15. 1.00 star(s)

ArcanEWolf

Games in the Ero game Genre either need good sex scenes, a good story or a good gameplay to convince. This game has nothing of it. The Story is boring, the art looks terrible and effortless and the gameplay is not just boring but even annoying . Its basically a click, grind, skip. What do i mean by that? Each girl has 2 bars... Affection and Naughtiness... the amount you need to unlock a new scene gets higher everytime you acchieve a new one ... and you are forced to rewatch the same scene at some point 10 times in order to unlock the new one...

All in all pretty boring.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

rudz

Couldn't decide between 3 or 4 stars, chose 4 because my initial verdict was 3.5 stars but honestly the game isn't bad, especially compared to many other projects I've seen here. Having said that:

PROS:
    • Good art, as all the titles from this circle (check them out btw).
    • Passable story, not brilliant by any account but not bad.
    • Nice translation from Kagura.
    • Had a bug-free experience.
    CONS:
    • Gameplay is stupidly grindy and point-and-click based,game feels like a VN. Ended up using Cheat Engine to speed upn the process
    • Recycled scenes, you get 3 slight variations but it gets old soon.
    • No animation.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Night

Good art but not animated, story is enjoyable enough but the ending is handled poorly in my opinion. H-scenes have a pretty good variety fetish wise. It's essentially a kinetic novel with some boring and unnecessary mini-games to slow progression.

Resource management is just a time waster with no way to actually lose, the quest battle is a simplistic auto-battler with uninteresting gear options eventually unlocked, not only is it boring but it feels pointless as no matter how well your team is setup all it will do is allow you to unlock the next event faster and there's no time limit to begin with!.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

stekegkin

It's not.. bad, but it's one of those games where I really think it would have benefited if less time and effort were placed on creating grindy systems and were instead used to really accentuate the actual meat of the game—the relations and H scenes.

The game boils down to mindlessly clicking to farm numbers so that each day you can eat one seed and grow more powerful. The problem is, this isn't really reflected outside of "Lv 1 - 0/10", so on and so forth. I found myself just wasting day after day doing a quest that was entirely automatic, crafting potions; and once I had enough seeds/money, I did the same thing for relations with the girls.

Which dulled my brain so badly I eventually closed it out without completing it, because the return didn't really feel worth it. Sex scenes boiled down to clicking a button and suddenly being thrown into a small little scenario, one that would repeat 2-3 times before moving on to the next relation grind step where you'd do it all over again.

The art is really good, though. I know I'm sounding VERY negative for a game I'm giving three stars to, but it's mainly because this just isn't my type of game. I don't mind grind when the payout is worth it, but this game felt particularly lacking.

tl;dr: If you don't mind grinding, it's a nice, small game to waste a few hours on, but don't expect anything crazy or mindblowing.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

LustrousGarden

The art of this game is good hecc. Some say gameplay is boring but for me it's fine since my goal is just to get those CG and dont want to use my brain too hard while doing it.

And boi, each scene of this game is delicous for me.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

aifman7

Extremely boring game. The kinks are there, the art is solid, but those are the only redeeming qualities.

If you've played any other boring, linear Unity JRPGs then you've played this one. Combat is boiled down to your party auto-attacking against 3 separate individual enemies. Beat one, or beat all three, it makes little difference because you'll make progress either way and the outcome is much the same.

The art is great. I won't deny that at all. I enjoy the particular kinks features in this title, and a few of the scenes are briefly titillating, but the majority of interactions are uninspired. Everything just feels a bit soulless and overall I didn't feel that I was playing an actual game at all. The experience was mostly just slogging through boring dialogue to see the next H-scene.

There's really no challenge in this game. It's slightly more engaging than using Windows File Explorer to click "Next image" through the CG's... but only slightly.

If you like the art and the kinks provided here, give it a shot, but prepare to be disappointed.