Unity - Completed - The Dorm Is Yours! [Steam] [Kami.Pimp.]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Adto

Awful

Maybe with save it is a longer lasting experience, but I prefer to try to enjoy and play the game before doing that... And you can't enjoy a grind of half a meter.
    Just as a fact: it will take you more than 5 hours to be able to, at least, have the affection of one of the girls... ONE. And this game has the same mechanics as Summer Memories, so the scenes will not give you progress if the sound is disabled.
    The reason for giving it only 1 star is because it is horrible. Not in scenes themselves, but in how to even get one. You master the gameplay when you reach the fifth day, but from there everything is repetitive as fuck
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Ferghus

First off, I want to point out that this game isn't very optimized and it'll likely crash a lot if you play on a potato like me. This isn't going to affect my rating of the game since I don't know if it crashes as much as it does on a decent PC.

So like most of the other reviews point out, the game is grindy and there's basically no point to the JSK-style combat system. The grind itself isn't so much the issue as the fact that none of what you get feels very rewarding.

One of the things I noticed is that this game has a lot of typos and misspelled words. But even if you overlook that, the dialogue is a bit bland and sparse. There's like a scene when you hit affection lv 20 and 40, one where you initiate a 3-some with a pair of girls for the first time, and some comments referring to recent sexual activity (which is a plus imo), but the characters aren't developed, there isn't really a story to follow, and there's basically nothing to do but grab points and raise affection until you can fuck.

There's a few other mechanics sprinkled around that feel pointless, like biking for raising maximum stamina, which is negated by the fact that you regenerate a fixed, small amount of stamina every day and it's only ever spent to convert lust to currency when you nut, and that also regenerates super slowly. You'll basically never stockpile enough stamina to justify raising its max.

The aforementioned JSK-battle mechanic is a pain in the ass. First of all, you have to buy upgrade points one at a time. It'll take you 2 clicks a point, so if you want 100 points to spread out, you'll need 200 clicks. Secondly, the opening meter is completely pointless to you if you can't have sex with the girl. You do less damage to them attacking them while they're stunned than punching their face. The only other thing you spend your Focus (which is like MP) on is tearing clothes, which you'll fail if the girl's HP is too high or she's not into you enough. There's no super moves, attack interrupting skills, HP regen skills etc. If you can't or don't want to lewd, Focus is completely useless to you.

The whole girls catching you having sex mechanic is also completely useless. Not only is it nonsensical, because you're all consenting and presumably noncomitted adults, but with how much grind you'll need for currency and the low regen of stamina/lust, you're not going to be having sex often enough for that to be an issue. Or at least not until you basically cleared everything, at which point you can just save scum to reroll everyone's positions until the literally unfuckable character is spawned far enough from the girl you want to fuck. There's no time table for the girls, their positions are always random for better or worse.

In short, the game is lacking in all areas and doesn't at all feel like a complete product. It tries to mimic parts of the games that we might be familiar with, but waters it down to "what's the point?" I feel like the game would be more enjoyable if there were more upgrades or QoL improvements. As it is now, it feels like a bare bones time waster that doesn't understand that the grind is supposed to become easier over time in these kind of games.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ehendu

Very similar to Summer Memories, but less content and worse overall gameplay. I'm not sure if the art is a step up or on a similar level to the pixel art of Summer Memories, and I imagine it's more just a matter of personal preference. This is solidly 2.5 stars for me. It's definitely worth more than 2, and I'd like to give it 3 but I just can't justify it to myself when so much of the game feels like an empty shell.

Art: Okay, or at least slightly better than what I expected going by previews.

Dialogue: while quickly stale and repetitive, is at least decent the first time you see it.

Story: superficially there.

Game-play: egregiously grindy.

First like, 80% of the game is just wondering around the house cleaning things and "hanging out" with the girls to raise affection. Events are limited, and it mostly just becomes free form, "pick how you want to see them fuck while keeping an eye on vigilance levels" after you progress far enough. Not terrible, but definitely not great because there's just so little to actually do and a lot to get there.

Coax actions don't really do anything until BJ and From Behind are allowed, in which case they become a quick way to gain essence and that's really it.

Duels are...entirely useless? Until you reach 40 Affection and can use Lust? You gain literally nothing for winning as best I could tell and it seems their only merit is to give you a way to technically fuck a girl "in front of" another character. (Assuming it's not hand waved the duel takes place somewhere else?) But yeah...mildly entertaining at best once every battle fuck and lust option is unlocked, but really just...not worth it at all.

Overall, it feels more like the shell of a promising game with potential but not quite there yet than a completed game. Lots of it just feels empty and pointless, like they were trying to put up the illusion of a game around a hidden sex simulator.

It would be much more interesting if duels had a function to either raise some stats and you could trigger more events/thigns to do around the house instead of just choosing between grinding the cleaning tasks, raising max lust/stamina, raising affection with a girl, or sex.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Jimmy Two Times

The Dorm Is Yours! is a full 3D adult game with dueling and management elements where you take on the role of an undead boy to maintain the menial work of a dorm, which is inhabited by 3 beautiful mages and an old lady who looks after them. You are on the clock and under watch & evaluation of the strict old lady who does not like if you get too touchy feely with the mages. Will you maintain the dorm and increase your relationship with the girls? Maybe duel them and see where that takes you, maybe grow your own powers too? Or you'll say, screw the dorm lady and her rules, i'm here to shag the cute students of the arcane arts willy nilly? Whatever you do, you need to manage the tidiness of the place, vigilance of the people who live there and your own growing libido if you wanna stay there and enjoy your new life.

This is a pretty solid management game. It is hard at first so you don't go around increasing your efficiency or relationship with the girls that much in the beginning, but it blooms beautifully as you go and the stuff you do make more sense later on. Dueling is fun. Essence and mana mechanics are good and requires some thinking and strategy. You got action points that you spend on doing your menial tasks, it will increase as you level up and speed up your grind. You gain essence with everything you do, which will be converted to mana after each day. You can increase your stats, buy skills for dueling and H-scenes and can also buy helpful items with mana. It’s basically your currency. You also got stamina. You need this for H-Scenes and such. You need to maintain the dorm at an acceptable level to stay there. I won’t give you a guide here but if you don’t like the challenge and just wanna get into the meaty parts of the game faster, I suggest you learn how to use cheat engine, it will help you a lot with the grind of almost any game.

So what’s good and what’s bad?

Pros:

+Game has a good style and a certain charming atmosphere.

+Models are awesome. I don’t know if they are from certain anime tittles, because I don’t watch much of those, but they look really good and professionally made.

+Sex scenes are great. You have control over them much like in the style of “Illusion games”. It doesn’t have same the depth and variety of course but it is similar and well made to simulate that.

+Unique concept. You feel like the dev’s ideas executed as the way he intended. But kinda feel like some left out.

Cons

-Can be very grindy. Very, very grindy.

-Controls are a bit underwhelming.

-Variety of interactions are limited and the stuff you can do is lacking. You feel like you are repeating stuff a lot.

Game certainly has other issues, but I don’t think they are worth mentioning. Or I may be a bit biased to not put more cons. Because frankly I enjoyed it a lot while playing. Give it a try if any of the stuff I said sounds interesting to you. And consider supporting the dev if you like the game and you got some bucks to spare.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

firenun

I want to like this game but it's way too slow. 99% chore simulator.

Writing - 2/5

• Opening could be shorter.
    • Scenario is pretty unique, majority of writing in game is dedicated to setting it.
    • Girls have their own personality, but writing does nothing to build it.

Graphics - 3/5
    • 3D house/dorm setting, basic but has its charm.
    • Models are cute, adds a lot to their personality.
    • Girl rooms add the most to their personality.
    • Different daytime lighting is great.
    • No options in settings other than a choice between 2 resolutions.

Music/Sound - 2/5
    • Decent background music and sounds.
    • Only memorable thing is music getting louder after judgement, adding to the mood.

Gameplay - 1/5
    • Too much grind.
    • Interactions with girls are limited.
    • Currency/mana is not generous.
    • The JSK-like fighting mechanics were nice to see, but heavily limited by affection requirements, and upgrading being both more expensive and trivial than those in JSK games.

Eroticism - (1/5?)
    • Didn't get to everything, but looks limited
    • High mana AND affection costs required for unlocking scenes from kissing to separate positions.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

teddidiah

It's absolutely surreal. It takes a bonkers premise in an equally whack setting and just runs off with it without further elaboration, all in the service of an aggressively mediocre, stilted game. It's a lifesim kind of game, except you are running around doing the same stuff over and over, talking to the girls and getting the same prompt back and the same four or so voiceclips from them. Extremely repetitive, and your reward is janky, if still interactive and reminiscent of Illusion to a degree, lewds.

It simply isn't worth the effort, though, as every part of it in someway is a trainwreck. Which is a pity.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

primeumaton

This is a decent game, for the genre anyway.

If you take out all the gameplay (aka just have the rewards) you are left with
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    So... eh. Not a lot of reward for the mountain of a grind placed at your feet.

Sex quality: 4/5
    Sex Frequency: 1/5
    Lewd content frequency: 1/5
    Kinks: 3/5
    Gameplay: 4/5 (movement, setting, interaction, etc)
    Grind: 0/5
    Characters: 4/5
    Story: 2/5
    Setting: 3/5

Enjoyment: 3/5

Good job Kami.Pimp. It is a neat game, and I can't say I've played one like it before.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[ V1.0.1 ]
    Dude, wtf?..

-Story, Originality
    Yo, we need undead retainer for 30 days for our house.
    And grind/frick the tenants, lol.

-Renders
    Feels like "Koikatsu", but I am not very exited...

Locations look neat, but all the maps, items and so on are very low-poly and crude.

-Sound
    There is music at menu, but it is very short and not on the loop.
    Some music plays. That's okay.
    Nearly all of the sounds are from RPGM.

-Playability
    You only use mouse. Cool, but unfamiliar...
    Run around, click on stuff and grind it.
    You have ~21 action points (3 per time of the day)

I don't want to play it again...

-Performance

Works pretty fine, but use a lot of
    CPU(60%3.6GHz)+GPU(40%[3070ti])+Memory(~4.5Gb)

-Bugs
    Went to options from main menu, but there is no going back.

-Animations
    They are okay (Didn't have enough patiance to see h-scenes).

-Voice Acting
    Some basic sounds and lines in japanese.

-Grammar
    Didn't see any.
    Good that there is a translaation.

-Amount of content
    Again, a grind h-game without any cheaty-neaty stuff or gallery (For lazy people -> "me")...
    Am I playing MMO to grind or it is h-game?
    (Game requires more play-hours than I can use)

I tried to focus 1 character, grinded for 1 hour(+20 cheat minutes), opened 1st h-interaction (dunno how to start it) and dropped the game.

After having a duel with npc I saw that they stole fighting system from "JSK Studio" flash games, but in those games I feel drive and impact. Not here.

There are a lot of stuff in the game, but it is really boring and annoying to play it...
    Maybe someone will like this game.

P.S.
    Used CheatEngine for mana/money (I am nood, don't know how to use it for advances stuff)...
    Managed to find variable, bought all the items/skills/stats.

Didn't find/get anything more exited...
    Just wasted time...

Maybe someday I will look at censored version and compare.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

akeno111

Censored Version (Up to Date Version) Review

Pros
    • Animated Sex Scenes
    • 3D Unity Models
    • Full One Hand Functionality
    • Can Zoom in and out during Sex Scenes
    • Fleshed out Dialogue and Progression System
    • Cute Girls

Cons
    • NO GALLERY
    • Threesome isn''t actually a 3-some
      • Just 1 girl watching you fuck selected girl
    • Foursome isn't actually a 4-some
      • Just 2 girls watching you fuck selected girl
    • Old Hag replaces Viviana
    • Very slow Progression (Cheating is a must)
      • Requires Cheat Engine and/or Save Editor Online
    • Right Click Zoom Function sometimes barely works
    • Flat Chested GIrls
      • Jiggle Physics barely gets any attention
    • Cum on Girls floats on their character model

If you're going to play this game, save yourself 2-4 hours and Cheat yourself all the items to progress and finish the game in 30-45 minutes.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

NomNomXL

A hidden gem,
    +scenes are hot
    +various facial expression (big plus too me)
    +interesting mechanics (although it does wear off first couple times)
    +characters are cute
    +whole lot of potential

-grindy af

ps:
    you can edit save values with note pad

Seems like dev dipped out of the blue, i hope he comes back and continues this game
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Mikoo

v1.0.1 TL;DR worth a try

I don't want to spoil the early access game. It's quite short game (8 hours for me). Core gameplay is 1 house with 3 (out of 4) girls. Playable 30 days (NG+ loads 29+ day save file). No vital bugs are met

pros: Game mechanics are complex and mostly hidden (fighting, resource management, time managment). Full 3d render (no 3DCG pre-render at all). Characters are charming and have voice identity (multi voiced, not fully voiced). Animation, effects and H-scene are well made. Good machine translate (i didn't get a few dialogs). Mostly playable with only 1 hand via mouse

cons: Grindy af (mostly you won't see all events without NG+). Clunky control scheme. Decent performance (60 fps lock) covered in absence performance settings (currently you can only change resolution scale and player fov ). Small amount of activities. No unique H-scenes for different characters. No fighting tips (takes some time to figue it out). And the most important thing is the Sun and the plane are unrealistically big xD

12. 5.00 star(s)

Archer90

TL;DR This is a gem in the rough, which type of gem only time will tell with updates and future releases. SEX-GOOD, BATTLE-MEH, BALANCE-NON-EXISTANT, CHEAT IF YOU WANNA HAVE A GOOD TIME
    edit-first update fixed a LOT of these problems so I'm updating my review to a 5 yay dev I'm so proud of you \o/

Good first- The systems are actually in place and work, maybe not completely well together but from my point of view it's really about increasing or decreasing numbers for balance sake (with one exception). The battle system is an homage to JSK which if haven't played them and like battlefuck games (where you are the male) he has a million of them and almost all of them are pretty dang good. With the battle system there are def some areas that need polish but the presentation with the different states of lewdness is top notch. I really like the character, environment, and UI designs. The characters in particular are def my cup of tea and I hope to see more of them in the future (I WANNA BANG ANNE ALL DAY EVERYDAY TIL THE END OF TIME)
    MEH- Camera/controls. Kudos for making a pretty dang good one-handed expirience! However this means that the camera is literally a wild horse where sometimes it's majestically maneuvering around things following you wonderfully, other times it just fucking yeets itself off a cliff because you looked at it wrong (protip save, exit, reload when camera misbehaves). Also I like that we have a character model but not when he takes up like 1/4 the screen on a good day. First person mode would be greatly appreciated when indoors at the least.
    BAD- oh man is the economy in this game fucked. If you are not cheating I hope you like jerking off in closets because that your go to money maker. I cannot even go too far into what needs to be fixed because I played the first week and was like fuck this gave myself 10k. BTW this was not enough to get all skills, and have enough for plenty of items. Speaking of items, hope you like save scumming because that's the only way to know what the fuck they do, and even then it's a guess.
    Conclusion- the parts that are good are done with care, but I think more time and experience is needed for this developer to really start to wow us. In my heart I truly wish this dev to go the pinktea route where they just kept improving each new game, because if they do holy shit.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

NTR Recovery Experts

Jank of the purest kind, for that reason alone I like it. Nothing is explained, nothing is intuitive, and the only challenge is trying not to softlock the game again. But...the basic functions are there and it's a complete experience; which honestly speaks more about how low the bar is for this site then it does for this game.
    You can feel that it's a proof of concept, and so long as your cool with that it's a good hour killer.

Tip: The AP economy is broken, so you have three real options.
    1. Grind in the content mines, begging for the sweat release of death.
    2. Spam Work Improvers (bought from the vender on the roof at night), which are bugged. Use one and then 'work hard', you should then notice that time has not passed and your AP has not been spent. Spend all your money on WI, work until you run out, buy more, repeat.
    3. Skip that nonsense and just open your save file and give yourself the money.