The EU is About to Destroy The Internet #DeleteArt13

treos

Oct 19, 2017

well, this sounds disturbing. looks like the internet will soon be facing yet ANOTHER potential apocalypse.

Reactions: Namco15

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
With people in the music, film, gaming and whatever other forms of entertainment constantly complaining about copyright i'm surprised it's taken this long.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Welp. Guess watchdogs 2 might come true. We still have our vanguard: Anonymous will take action

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Come on dude. That's not how do this.
At the very least you should link to the proposal in question so people can make up their own opinions instead of yapping after some random youtuber.
So: (it's from 2016 by the way)

I know it's a lot, but at least skim through it and don't base your opinion on what some dumbass on youtube says.
In other news. It's not as bad as , but still sucks.

And to quote someone who sums up the main complaint of the dude in the video pretty well:
This is about the enforcement of intellectual property copyrights, should the rightholder (aka. person who uploaded content) wish it.
It does not impact creative commons.
Unless someone goes through the trouble of registering their content under a copyright license, where it becomes their intellectual property.
WHICH IS, mind you, already a thing.
This article essentially says "in content-sharing sites produced by users, the site will cooperate with the creator to enforce their copyright laws should they wish it"
News sites are most definitely NOT "Information society service providers that store and provide to the public access to large amounts of works or other subject-matter uploaded by their users
It's obvious the dude did not really inform himself. While it is an issue, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Jimmybob

Apr 30, 2018
The internet is always """supposed""" to get destroyed and it never does.

I swear I have heard this garbage story countless times throughout my life.

Reactions: SkyRebel

ZARDOZ7

You pissed John?
Feb 28, 2018
i am worried more about EU as internet, i mean expiration date of this experiment is not so far, i think

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Doomsday conspiracies in both cases. We will all have died of old age before either will break down.