VN Ren'Py The Game of Life (Development Thread) [Cainito Studio]

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Greetings,

This is the creative team behind Under the moonlight. We're here to announce the production of our next game 'The game of life.'

We've made this thread as a way for those who enjoyed our previous game (and anyone else interested) to follow the development of GOL until the official 0.1 release of the game.

Synopsis:

New to the neighborhood, you're here to take over your uncle's café as he retires & goes away to travel the world in his old days.

In the next six months, you will come across a number of people from different walks of life - from beautiful novel writers, to shady thugs, to eccentric college students and so many others.

Come play the game of life, for a lot can happen in the span of six months.

What can you expect from the game:

Despite a very simple synopsis, GOL has a little surprise in 0.1 - which will make it a unique game/story to experience. So, please look forward to that.

The main theme of the game will have an exaggerated / theatrical quality to it - and that is going to make up for some very interesting moments for the players.

The game has a stats system, where the mc's stats will determine how he reacts to certain situations in the game. These stats can be altered based on the events you choose each day.

Speaking of which, the game also has a bit of a sand-box element to it. (Not the kind where everything is messy and you have to click every single room to know what to do next :p ) This will be more simple and straightforward.

It exists mainly to allow players to alter their stats (and thereby switch between the different routes) in the game.

Planned Tags:

The game focuses purely on straight, vanilla level tags like masturbation, teasing, blowjob, vaginal sex, and so on. We may add in some elements like soft-bdsm later. But that's about the extent of it.

There will be no incest, cheating, blackmail and stuff.

Last edited:

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
How long have you been making the first/0,1 release? Are the events gated using the stats, or can the player eventually see most or even all the events, once the game has progressed far enough?

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
How long have you been making the first/0,1 release? Are the events gated using the stats, or can the player eventually see most or even all the events, once the game has progressed far enough?
Hi, this is the writer of the game.

We're still in the early stages of development - around 20 days maybe.

Most of the events will be fairly easy to unlock. But you will need two or three different playthroughs to view "all" the scenes though. (As some of the routes are mutually exclusive)

Last edited:

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Update : Project on-hold

Greetings,

This is the writer of 'The game of life".

I'm sorry to inform that I will be leaving the project and the development of the game will probably be on hold for an indefinite period.

---

Around three weeks ago, JPace (the artist and the creator of Cainito Studio) told me things weren't looking great in his region due to an increased pandemic situation - and that he might be inactive for a few days.

It's been quite a while since then and I haven't heard from him till now.

Sadly, I'm in a situation where I can no longer afford to wait in doubt and have to leave the project.

---

Just to clarify, I do not have any negative feelings towards JPace. He has only been a great partner to work with from the very beginning.

And I truly believe this was just a situation of him being dealt with some bad cards.

I sincerely hope things get resolved and that he can come back soon.

---

Lastly, to anyone interested, here are some development info about the project till now.

1. In terms of art, Jpace has already designed all the major characters in the game (this includes the MC, 3 love interests and 3 supporting characters)

2. In terms of the writing, the entire script for "Day 1" is complete.

3. After designing the characters, JPace had just started testing out some of the point system we had planned for the game.

In a nutshell, we were well on schedule.

---

Hopefully, once he returns, JPace will be able share more info about the project (and it's future)

Take care & stay safe out there.