RPGM - Completed - The Hamestacia Kingdom ~Hero and Four Goddesses~ [v1.1.0] [Slime Special]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1808184

I think this game is a bit underrated even if I agree with the reviews. Completed version 1.1.0 MTL in 9 hours but did not finish post-game dungeon, final average level was 21.

History-wise, this game sticks to the JRPGs clichés. Gameplay-wise, it is as grindy as a JRPG without difficulty setting, although I didn't expect that using "Defend" command would become part of my normal strategy - Turns out that after second island you can setup a strategy where Raffary boost Marie's ATK and everyone just defend or use items when necessary. Nina (the mage) is completely useless until the very last dungeon, imo. Money was a huge problem early on, and late equipment was a rip-off, but the dungeons have good (and sometimes better) items which you can obtain by skillfully dodging enemies. Most of items I purchased on shops, I ended up selling back less than five minutes after.

I didn't found any mass healing spell, which is possibly the only major annoyance besides, well, MTL being MTL. Quest menu is also broken. Enemies strip as they're hurt (but not all of them to nakedness - 2 frames for normal enemies and 3 frames for boss), but if you deal too much damage, they may die before stripping and in this case, monster log will be missing said frame (specially annoying on post-game dungeon). You get fully healed and warped to nearest town if you die, and I didn't notice anything amiss when that happens, too.

It is a standard~ish JRPG and I would advise it to JRPG/RPGM fans, but like the previous review, “I would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a good quality game.” If you are looking for something inspirational or mind-boggling, keep searching,

PS. I patched Skill.json and System.json to get rid of the "% 1 leveled up!"
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Astraniel

This review is for version 1.1.0 MTL and is based on ~8/9 hours of gameplay and clearing.
    The level design and combat system are as you would expect from any other low-budget JRPGM. There are four main islands in the game with each subsequent island requiring the player to beat the current island boss to access. There are a handful of (largely) unrelated mini-bosses which you can get h-scenes from after beating. The game itself has many hours of mind-numbing mazes, levels, dungeons, and areas to explore with enemies placed at every corner. The story itself seemed half-decent, but was ultimately ruined by the MTL and its recurring nonsensical text. The quest menu is broken and inaccessible, the items menu is called "Item Item" which is actually kind of funny, and a number of key items are still in Japanese with no clear description making their uses uncertain until you happen to stumble upon whatever they trigger. The combat difficulty scaling is pretty harsh with at least 80% of my gameplay consisting of grinding enemies over and over to get on level. Overall, I would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a good quality game.