HTML - The House of Hellish Harlots [v0.047] [Many-Eyed Hydra]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

I'm not seeing the appeal.
    You spawn in the brothel after picking stats and stuff, then you can talk to the barman, who lets you talk to others via his options.

You talk to the woman who gives tips, which takes time and money.
    Then you talk to the woman who sells things, but what she sells is rng and mayeb she doesn't have what you need. So you back out. This took time. You can't click the back arrow. You get punished for talking to anyone even if they don't have anything you need and you changed your mind.

Pick a girl. No, you don't get a choice. Woman who gives tips said, basically, use X on Y girl. But woman who sells them didn't offer X. You can't beat Y girl. Yo don't know what beats W and Z girl and even if you did you can't press back to go to shop to find out.

All 3 choices are game over.
    Restart.
    Hope the girl sells anything relevant this time, maybe check out a different tip. Maybe save before talking to the tip girl rather than waste time, which is worth more than coins. Maybe save before shop. Alreay save scumming around bad game design. You could try to just buy the item you want, but that takes '???' (you also have to waste time finding out ??? is mulligan coins, which would also take time to get, which you don't have)

Okay so you have tips for how to deal with W girl and the item was available. Cool. What a shame you have absolutely 0 interest in W girl and she's specifically the type of character you said you don't want to interact with. So now your choice is to try and beat W girl or restart, again.
    Why did I make all those choices in the intro if I'm not going to have any real choice in the actual game? I'm not interesting in the stupid dom fairies.

I don't care if this the best writing in the world, the game design itself is a waste of time. Why can't I go back? Why is it so easy to get bad ended? Why am I being railroaded by RNG into dealing with girls I don't like?
    The intro feels like a ton of options to give the ILLUSION of meaningful choice when it doesn't exist.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bloodbirthe

Quite good. I'm looking forward to future updates. It's nice that it gives the reader some room to decide which girl they encounter, since there are some there are some pretty esoteric fetishes in here (e.g. an amphibian girl using her nipples as mouths).

In my opinion, this game is in a state where it looks very promising. If the creator finishes it, then it could be a classic in the text based genre. If it's not already the plan, then I'd love to see the creator continue adding variables to earlier encounters, even after finishing the 13 floors, so that players can really feel like they're playing completely different characters each go around (and so that we can spend more time with our favorite girls). Best of luck!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

RockType

(Based on the online 0.036-version:)

Sometimes, good games don't get their due.

This is actually a very good execution on a text-only monster-girl predation concept. Despite the low version-number and the lack of visuals, the amount of content here is actually very high, having dozens of featured scenes with occasional variations based on player-input, and a good core-gameplay loop. A visual novel with solid gameplay behind it is rare enough in twine-games, and it deserves to get recognized when executed this well. The gameplay here really elevates the writing, and helps draw the reader into the stories for better motivations than just "because".

The reasons this game has so little attention, is probably mostly down to the lack of visuals and the boring screenshots, which granted are a good reason to pre-judge a game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

afedvfe

The game portrays succubi in the (imo) perfect, realest way (like in other works of the author), as they ultimately are killing machines and can kill you (if they don't like you, in this game).
    It covers a variety of kinks while still being absolutely delicious (even for kinks you may not like), and honestly this game really deserves to be played and enjoyed, it's a lot of fun
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Walk Cycle

THIS REVIEW IS FOR V0.018

To people interested on trying this out I suggest looking through Many Eyed Hydra's work in Literotica first. Then you'll know what you're getting into, men will be drained in every sense, turned into soul goo, absorbed through a demons' skin, eaten piecemeal or whole, their existence corrupted, "eaten" through a woman's orifice then either moulded to the demon's whims through magic or digested the old fashioned way or just the classic rip the soul away from your body. It will either be the most pleasurable thing you'll ever experience or you'll die screaming, in a few short moments if you're lucky. "Erotic Horror" is the perfect way to describe it.

The game is entirely text based and allows your imagination to run wild and honestly I would prefer it that way. The harlots will behave differently depending on your stats and disposition which is decided at the start. Though the stats are randomized you can change your disposition during character creation. To give you a fighting chance in this Hellish Bordello there are multiple NPC's to assist you but with a price. The Elegant Lady will give you hints on a Harlots likes and dislikes as long as you keep her drinks flowing. The Nurse will keep your juices flowing (quite literally) and cure you of any mystical disease you pick up from a Harlot . The Doctoress will give you temporary stat boosts to reach a Harlots standards if you're lacking and give you another way to earn cash. The Buxom Lolibaba will grant you charms which will give you special properties, but to be honest I don't really know what her charms do. Then there's the Gentleman which will give you coin in exchange for information of any Harlot you've bedded and survived. A few more NPC's are coming according to the dev but as for now these are the only ones you can interact with.

All in all the gameplay is in the reading. Pay attention to what the Madam and the Elegant Lady says and be miserly with your coins, and pray that you'll get a Harlot that's willing to play by the rules.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Jyk

Very Interesting Game, it's completely text-based as of this moment and there are no images/animations to accompany characters however the descriptions are generally sufficient to get a mental image of what's happening.
    There is decent level of content, however the main issue is that due to the nature of the game - it's very easy to get a game over/bad end as each girl I guess has the possibility of one and it's quite difficult to tell how to avoid it. It's also hard to tell what you will get for each character as there are only hints on what they do (example being some characters will have boobs-related activities and are very dangerous but thats basically as far as you know).
    If you like text-based games and don't mind the dom/sub relationships you will like this - however don't go in expecting to get a perfect run as it seems you can have 12 options at times and only 1 will get you a decent ending. Sometimes you won't get to choose what you like if you intend or surviving the encounter - it seems each girl has specific conditions that you need to fulfill to get to each part.
    Characters are all unique and interesting, some more then others and there looks to be more in the future. Hopefully the scenes become longer in the future as they are quite short - especially for a fast reader, though there is tons of them so that evens out.
    Only real wishes is that there was a walkthough or better hint system (the current one is ok for the most part and you can get enough information to get a decent plan together, but I wish it would give more details as even with their hints its easy to mess up), and that there were images of the characters (doesn't have to be animations, just something to help get a better picture of the character). Definitely worth a shot if you don't mind screwing up frequently (though restarting is easy) and again if you don't mind only text.