Unity The Incident at Cock Tower [v0.6.3] [Googlyman]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
I've made a map (not to scale) about my progress (0.4.0 but should work with 0.3.0 and 0.4.1):
cocktower.jpg
Green are doors and arrows show in which direction they are unlocked. (no keys needed for doors so far)
Red are interaction items. You can use the beds to hide under (crouch first, then use).
If Mr. Biggus Diggus gets you, left/right click quickly to wriggle free.

mini walkthrough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

some quick issues with 0.4.0/0.4.1.
- Lightning messes up polygon smoothing of ceiling elements in main hall.

-Mr.S. grabbed me through a wall. I was on the veranda on the library side.
He was inside the hallway next to me.

- slingshot bikini on the veranda can't be picked up, I guess you can only use it when you are already naked?

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Some Updates with 0.4.1.
- upper floor, don't use the dumbwaiter while crouching. you walk into it and then are stuck.
Even Mr. S. can't see and grab you. (He then walked a bit around aaaand then walked through a wall. the cheat...)
Edit: Crouching and using the dumbwaiter is a death sentence on both floors.

- loading screen by restart, now has the desired alpha effect, but you can run around while the animation is still playing.

- locked double doors in the hallway leading to the kitchen don't have complete clipping.
you can walk into a gray room of nothing, connecting to the art gallery/storage hallway.

- note in the study is still bugged. It is now laying on top of the desk, but the interaction bubble
has a big clipping around it, you can't get close to examine it.

- Paintings in the study are inside the wall? interaction prompts are outside the study.

- Putting a puzzle piece at the right spot needs a click sound, to show that you did something right.

- the puzzle in the hidden gallery is borked (0.4.0/0.4.1)
the statue already has his penis. The 0.3.0 mentions that the statue is missing his dick.

new walkthrough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegooglyman

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Hi all, Version 0.4.2 is available to $5 patrons

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Fixed: Note on desk in study
Fixed: crouching and using the dumbwaiter
Fixed: Clipping for Door in the kitchen hallway.
Fixed: statue puzzle

Inventory
- Inventory UI elements are clipped left and right (windowed and fullscreen). Aligned for widescreen aspect ratio?
- Lightning for the looking at items is very bright and direct. Looking at one of the paintings you are carrying shows the problem.

Dumbwaiter
- crawling has same problem as crouching before.
- using the dumbwaiter while transitioning from crouching to walking makes you stuck. (like crawling before)

- Hallway at upper dumbwaiter, the pointlight seems to be outside the lamp.
2021-04-25_10h17_37.jpg

Main Hall
- lower level, carpet mipmapping. (upper level carpet seems good)
2021-04-25_10h38_41.jpg
- walking, better running, down the short stairs, you can climb the railing.
2021-04-25_10h44_49.jpg

Hallway to kitchen
- Carpet has borked texture filtering/MipMapping
- doors seem to radiate shadows, like a anti-light shining out of the room behind.
2021-04-25_10h20_56.jpg

- doorframe to the pantry (next to kitchen door) has geometry/texture problem.
The doorframe has on one side a wallpaper triangle and wallpaper bottom.
2021-04-25_10h07_46.jpg

Library
-guess this is for a future puzzle and not a glitch?
2021-04-25_10h46_04.jpg

Hallway to game room
- carpet shines like marble floor. Same carpet inside game room is fine.
2021-04-25_10h53_11.jpg

Art Gallery
- picture without text has interact bubble, but no prompt.
You can still examine it, but get only an empty text.

- after completing the statue (and appreciating the art ;) ) the picture-in-picture camera stays on.
you can still switch views with space (and drop your shoes at the same time)

- the item description in the busty bust seem to miss a word. An elaborate what? (I guess key)
Picking the mysterious item up, it does not show up in the inventory/hands. Probably not implemented yet.

Study
- Putting the picture of David Hume, it seems to face backwards. (prompt on the outside)

General
- while crouching or crawling, if you press space nothing happens.
as soon as you are upright again, you remove your shoes.

- Player seems to cast a shadow that messes with floor reflections. But it is dependent on camera angle.
Most notable in the art gallery. Looks like your "shadow" reflects the skybox and not the local reflection map?
2021-04-25_10h40_17.jpg
- door to storage room (the battery one) has blank triangle top right corner. UV mapping problem?
2021-04-25_11h01_26.jpg
- while carrying a painting, you have a floating interact bubble over your head.

- after completing the statue puzzle, I got caught by Mr. S. in the dining hall.
After some fun on the table I escaped, now running around naked.
I could not interact with the door to the main hall or the other doors. (secondary cam was still running)
He caught me again, but the animation got stuck. He was a few steps in front of me, doing his scream in your face routine
and she was in a scared pose in front of the kitchen door. but no progess to fucking.
I think the statue puzzle breaks some internal flags. I think the chase music did also not play.

- the zone between the dining room table and kitchen door seems prone to glitch when Mr. S. grabs you.
Got animation for escape and struggling desynced. Or i was lust unlucky because I meet him so often in this room ;)
2021-04-25_11h12_28.jpg

Suggetions
- position camera a bit higher. currently you are looking straight at her back.

- statue puzzle: indication for progress or clicking minigame for completion.
At the moment you don't know how long the animation is going or if something is stuck in a loop.
(I wonder what happens if Mr. S. follows you here while you doing the mambo)

- currently you need to walk->crouch->crawl with CTRL->Y
and standup again with crawl->crouch->walk with Y->CTRL.
Would it be possible to use CTRL for going on "mode" down and Y for one step up again?
Walking, hit CTRL, you go to crouching, hit CTRL again and you are crawling.
Hit Y to get from crawl to crouch and again for crouch to walk.

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Hi All, Version 0.4.3 is available to $3+ Patrons

Reactions: MZZ

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
I did a quick run, not a whole walkthrough yet (the dumbwaiter got me)

- main hall ceiling deco: now smooth, but is the old mesh still there? flickering polygons.
2021-05-13_11h40_33.jpg
- old keys do not show up in inventory at all.
- when crawling, Keira is out of frame. Maybe move the camera lower with crouch and crawl?
- can't hang the paintings in the study. (incomplete puzzle removed?)
- Mr S. spawned again/teleported? Lost him in the kitchen, quickly moved to left terrace, there he was next to the upper library.
- fell through dumbwaiter while exiting on upper floor, stuck inside in kitchen.
2021-05-13_12h14_54.jpg
- dumbwaiter entry/exit animation clips the camera inside the elevator shaft. Maybe use an fixed camera instead of a follower while using the dumbwaiter?
- if not standing directly in front and looking in the direction of the dumbwaiter, you enter weirdly. Even if Keira "jumps" to the right spot to enter the dumbwaiter, her initial facing has influence on the entry animation.
2021-05-13_12h23_36.jpg 2021-05-13_12h24_19.jpg
I guess this is what killed me above.

- Running and hiding from Mr S. now feels doable :)

Edit:
- Crawling is still incompatible with using the dumbwaiter. It gets you stuck in the wall.
- Putting the painting from the office on both spots in the art gallery solves the puzzle.
2021-05-15_16h59_17.jpg
- The statue puzzle does not work while crouching/crawling. Pressing F to mount it while crouching/crawling locks you out of controls.
- Her facial expression while riding the statue are a bit too strong.
- Reading the note in the office is not needed to solve puzzles. (feature?)
- got a bug from the small restrooms on the lower floor. I "shook" it off with the mouse clicking, but it is still attached.
Now I can't interact with doors/items anymore. (Was carrying a painting as it attacked me)
2021-05-15_17h12_23.jpg

Last edited:

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
almost forgot, found two flickering meshes in the main hall.
2021-05-20_18h40_24.jpg 2021-05-20_18h40_37.jpg
The white ground under the railing seems to be double and flickers.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
0.4.5. tried the new railing animations:
2021-06-22_21h00_46.jpg
Actors are not aligned properly. Secondary camera is also off.

I wriggled free of the animation and tried directly again (moved a bit, get caught again).
Animation still wrong aligned AND I could no longer free myself. The bar for quick clicking did not show up.

• Thinking Face

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Still 0.4.5.:
The painting puzzle is not loaded properly from a save.
2021-06-24_17h34_54.jpg
Both pictures where already in place and the room opened. After loading the door is closed again.
The nodes for picking up and re-placing the pictures are borked too. (the right one worked for me though)
Probably because it is not intended to pickup the paintings again.

Fell through the dumbwaiter again into the twilight zone:
2021-06-24_17h30_13.jpg
Maybe have a trigger zone below the floor of the house that "catches" you and places you back in the kitchen?
It's a bandaid, but better than losing the game run. (maybe also for items if they fall through the floor?)

Railing in the library flickers and endcaps are missing:
2021-06-24_17h26_43.jpg

retried the railing (at the railing ;) ) but same result.
Frist try alignment is off:
2021-06-24_17h51_30.jpg
escaping and then getting caught directly again:
2021-06-24_17h52_17.jpg
fucking does not work at all.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
gave it a quick spin before going to bed. Just some impressions:
- Picking up gives a GUI popup with the item name and a black rectangle. I guess there should be a icon or view of the item?
- small keys do not show up in inventory
- items carried in hand (battery, paintings) have a preview in the inventory, but waaay to tiny. The battery is a black speck a few pixels big.
- Nun outfit is nice (y) Can we have the option to leave the headgear off?
- Is it just me or got the lightning more bloom-y?
- final puzzle: attaching the dick and mounting the statue opens the bust. Then you got the option to ride, which starts the sex animation. If you do it quickly, the camera got a bit confused between showing the bust open + dropping the strawberry key and doing the sex animation.
- even when naked, you can't pickup the slingshot bikini.

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Glad, that You still update the game "The Incident at Cock Tower".
When exactly an update for the public version will be released?
Thanks for Your response.
Next public release will be the latest version of 0.4.x after I release 0.5.0 to Patrons.

gave it a quick spin before going to bed. Just some impressions:
- Picking up gives a GUI popup with the item name and a black rectangle. I guess there should be a icon or view of the item?
Odd, this doesn't occur when I run the game standalone or in editor. May be a lighting issue.

- Nun outfit is nice (y) Can we have the option to leave the headgear off?
I will add an option in the future to make some decorative parts of each costume optional.

- Is it just me or got the lightning more bloom-y?
Made some changes to lighting, I plan to overhaul all lighting in the next major release.

- even when naked, you can't pickup the slingshot bikini.
I think a recent issue erased the nain script from all temporary items. The Silk robe and Bath towel temp items also don't work. Will fix in next minor release.

- small keys do not show up in inventory
- items carried in hand (battery, paintings) have a preview in the inventory, but waaay to tiny. The battery is a black speck a few pixels big.
- final puzzle: attaching the dick and mounting the statue opens the bust. Then you got the option to ride, which starts the sex animation. If you do it quickly, the camera got a bit confused between showing the bust open + dropping the strawberry key and doing the sex animation.
Noted, will fix in next minor Release.

Reactions: anon241 and nerogaf

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Odd, this doesn't occur when I run the game standalone or in editor. May be a lighting issue.
Tried it again, it's a pitch black rectangle:
2021-08-18_23h15_29.jpg 2021-08-18_23h16_11.jpg
Would be good if someone else could check/confirm. Could be issue on my end.

And about the tiny items in inventory:
2021-08-18_23h16_27.jpg 2021-08-18_23h16_34.jpg
Seems the general "zoom"/Camera position for the inventory slots is too far away.

Another thing: first time loading the inventory, game lags for a few seconds. Then it is loaded/cached and works fine.
Maybe add its assets/scene to the startup loading time. sooner or later you will open the inventory and then it will annoy you to wait.

Upper left floor, the room with the bed:
2021-08-18_23h21_53.jpg
This mirror is breaking the game FPS if you collide with it.
2021-08-18_23h22_09.jpg
I go from no FPS problems at all to single digit/blackout if I bumb into it.
I guess a polygon collider and not a box/simple shape collider?

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes