Unreal Engine The Indomitable [Hseigin] Development & Discussion Thread

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find Development Roadmap, Developer Logs, Monthly Renders, Asset & Concept Preview Renders in this page.

You can watch this thread or bookmark my & pages.

Progress: MasterBuild v0.00.0.000 / SlaveBuild v0.00.1.000
Release Date: 02 January/March 2020 (Estimated)
Developer:
Features & Info
  • Story Focus, Immersive World Setting & Set in "Modern Japan"
  • Impactful choices in both dialogue segments and 3D Gameplay
  • Genre defining unique take on the turn-based combat
  • Many quest arcs with their own subplots
  • A strong male protagonist
  • Free World Movement, Square Grid Turn Based Combat Mechanics
  • Romantic Interests (not limited to asian girls)
  • Brutal fighting scenes & Combat System & Talent Tree & 13 (initial release will have 2) Classes
  • Basic, Common, Rare, Unique, Legendary Item Tiers
  • Crafting
  • Lifesim and Management Elements
  • Carefully crafted gameplay elements to avoid unnecessary grind and clicking
  • Advanced Industry Standart UI
  • Balanced mix of free roam and story progression
  • Unique assets and characters created by myself in Blender
  • Tools: Unreal Engine 4, Blender, Krita, GIMP, Substance Designer&Painter.

Monthly Render Showcase (In-Game Renders)
<Postponed until MasterBuild v0.00.5.000, due to engine change, coding is priority for now>

Asset & Concept Previews
gilded_tiger_armor_set_kabuto.png Daitenshu v1.png

Last edited:

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Hey there, good sir... Or should I say hseigin-san?

I jest, but seriously now, it's nice to see a fellow dev put in some decent level of planning and attempts at transparency in the process right from the start. For that I wish you all the luck in the world with your work, and it is clear from your plans (and as any dev knows as a fact) it is indeed work. I temper this comment with the phrase that "Virtue never tested is no virtue at all", as to say we'll see how well things go in practice, but I'd say so far I like what I see from a dev-to-be.

All the best with the project my friend, keep at it and come Jan'20 we'll see how well that v0.1 is looking, should be a fine day I'm sure! Welcome to the free-for-all we call Adult Game Making, theres always room for one more with true drive and passion!

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Hey there, good sir... Or should I say hseigin-san?

I jest, but seriously now, it's nice to see a fellow dev put in some decent level of planning and attempts at transparency in the process right from the start. For that I wish you all the luck in the world with your work, and it is clear from your plans (and as any dev knows as a fact) it is indeed work. I temper this comment with the phrase that "Virtue never tested is no virtue at all", as to say we'll see how well things go in practice, but I'd say so far I like what I see from a dev-to-be.

All the best with the project my friend, keep at it and come Jan'20 we'll see how well that v0.1 is looking, should be a fine day I'm sure! Welcome to the free-for-all we call Adult Game Making, theres always room for one more with true drive and passion!
Hello there! Thank you for the warm welcome, and I am looking forward to share my progress with the community.

This is going to be quite a long journey, and it will require a high discipline, determination and an indomitable will. Beginning is easy, consistency and seeing through the entire development process are the important parts. I agree with "Virtue never tested is no virtue at all" phrase. Time will show us the answers.

These kind of posts are very nice see and very motivating. :)

Reactions: Elementario

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Hello there! Thank you for the warm welcome, and I am looking forward to share my progress with the community.

This is going to be quite a long journey, and it will require a high discipline, determination and an indomitable will. Beginning is easy, consistency and seeing through the entire development process are the important parts. I agree with "Virtue never tested is no virtue at all" phrase. Time will show us the answers.

These kind of posts are very nice see and very motivating. :)
First of all I really love the roadmap, its incredibly detailed and well planned out.
Its amazing how much you have organized everything.
It easy to see how skilled and disciplined you are, and more than that you have clearly got passion for it.
Its always great to see devs who love their work and put so much effort into making something they love, this definitely have a lot of potential and I am looking forward to playing it.
Also, you are willing to help others for free, I am really happy to see that too.
Wish you all the best for your project and I really hope that your game becomes "Indomitable".

Reactions: Kthulian

F-Zairo

Oct 19, 2020
I take it this project's been abandonned. Too bad, it looked pretty cool :(

Too ambitious for a one-man team, perhaps ?