RPGM - The Iris Indigo [v0.02a] [BrokeGuy118]

1. 4.00 star(s)

swiezak1988

Interesting game that I have started to play as if it was a reverse corruption. Protagonist is very cute woman, it feels good to help her protect herself. I wonder how these dynamics will pan out in long run. Overall, game is quite usual RPGMaker title, unfortunately I have stumbled upon a bug in its short gameplay (approached receptionist from the left side and script broke because it was designed to handle approach from the right side. But also for RPGMaker title it seems to use engine's strong sides well, I like attention to detail and overall gameplay design.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

tumblrtumblr

This is a decent start (version 0.2a)

Pros:
    - Great story. Actually a believable scenario for a change. Looks promising
    - Hot MC

Cons:
    - Not even a single sexy scene yet. The sexiest render in the game is that preview of her getting dressed. You need to give us something in the next update
    - You've coded the dialogue weirdly. Each box is like 6 clicks. So to get through the dialogue at a reasonable clip you just have to hold down shift the entire time. Which means you miss the non dialogue boxes
    - Unclear why this is in RPGM and not Renpy. You occasionally get to move. But that's only like 5 times in the whole game so far. And it's all linear - no choices. The rest of it is recorded animations. If it's a KN anyway, just do renpy and save everyone the trouble?

Keep at it! I'm excited
  3. 4.00 star(s)

johnyakuza1

Based on version 0.01, which is a demo, the game seems very promising.

++Good Renders.
    ++Quests are simple, easy to find and locate, gets the job done.

--Very short, only teases a glimpse of what is to come.
    --Character has weirdly inflated and exaggerated buttocks. Possibly intended to give her a big ass, but instead, it comes off as ballooned and unrealistic. It's nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of adjustments.

I love it when games don't pretend to be overly complex for no other reason than being 'different'. There is no reason to change something that works and the formula of RPGM games + nice renders and non-grindy gameplay loop has proven to be successful a hundred times over.

If the dev sticks to his vision of the game, allows the player to control the corruption and stays true to the choices on 'Sane' and 'Insane' route, I believe the game will be a certain success.

All the game really needs now is content. If you're thinking about playing it, I'd say hold on for a few more updates until the game is a bit more fleshed out... but this game is worth keeping an eye on.

I'm taking away a star because there are uncertainties - How frequent will updates be? How much content and renders will there be in every update? Will the dev stay active on the forum and thread, enough to interact with the community?... Only time will tell.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jhin00

This game has the potential to become my favorite game. It's off to a very good start. The story, the flow of events, the characters are very good. I hope it will be a long and continuous game. Thank you <3
    KEEP GOİNG CHEF
    COOK THAT GAME
  5. 4.00 star(s)

tripleP

Very unusual premise, which I'm all for. This is a short demo (maybe 30 minutes or so).

- Has a quest log
    - Has corruption mechanics, which aren't the normal point system
    - Beautiful protaganist
    - As you can imagine with this being a demo, there isn't much content yet

I'm greatly looking forward to what is in store next!