RPGM The Iris Indigo [v0.02a] [BrokeGuy118]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

BrokeGuy118

Completely broke
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2024
1711880287707.png

Overview:
THEME: The game is super simple in nature! You work as a house-handler in the hostel: The Iris Indigo. The main character does some basic house-keeping work throughout the game while meeting people of various kinds and backgrounds. Don't worry, I won't make the game a chore to play.

THE CHARACTER: Meet Amelie Ackermann, a 35 year old woman who has been a high-tier prostitute in one of the most notorious clubs : The Soaring Clouds. She finds a way to get out of the system and live a life on her own terms. However, years of service has drained her sanity and she is on the brink of losing her sane mind.​

Thread Updated: 2024-04-17
Release Date: 2024-04-17
Developer: BrokeGuy118 - -BrokeGuy118
Censored: No
Version: 0.02a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

The Iris Indigo 31_03_2024 12_24_06.png The Iris Indigo 31_03_2024 12_31_12.png The Iris Indigo 31_03_2024 12_22_45.png The Iris Indigo 31_03_2024 12_27_09.png The Iris Indigo 31_03_2024 12_22_10.png

Last edited:

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
Meet Amelie Ackermann, a 35 year old woman who has been a high-tier prostitute.
She finds a way to get out of the system and live a life on her own terms.
She occasionally works as a babysitter in a nearby house. :sneaky:

Man: "Folks, I just hired this babysitter... Anybody got any kids I can borrow?"

The_Iris_Indigo_31_03_2024_12_27_09s.jpg
THX for the share...

Last edited:

Sarah Ali

Sep 14, 2023
Looks like the beginning of a new potential H-game. Female MC design looks good too. Looking forward to it's future updates when it finally gets some scene with the protag

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
I picked this up because the protag spiked my interest.

First of all, the mole is a very distinctive characteristic, and yet in one of the first scenes (where she is talking with the manager and is about to start work) her mole changes sides. I'm assuming you had the scene differently initially, but decided to mirror it, but as it is such a characteristic (like a piercing, or a scar or something) it is very apparent that its position was altered.

The game currently is pretty much on rails, it does show promise if it evolves to something non-linear. The writing is good.

The protag's background is that she has already been a sex worker for a long time, and she also states that she has served a lot of customers in that way, and has done a lot of sexual stuff with them. To me, it kinda feels like we're already in the end-game, as she's already corrupted. True, she's trying not to be, but usually these games are interesting because a person that starts a saint becomes the complete opposite. Here, the opposite seems to be becoming the saint, which, well, isn't for me.

One simple solution to this - which however changes the story a lot - is that she doesn't remember any of that life. Maybe it was part of the deal with her boss, to take some kind of pill to forget everything. That would kinda make more sense then, to play for corruption.

There is a big bug in the beginning, where you speak to the receptionist. If you speak to him from the left side (the table is a "counter" which means you can access the event across it), the scene will play but at some point she will attempt to move somewhere through the table, and the game will get stuck there.

After reading the intro I was fearing that the males will all be handsome and, well, normal. I was glad to see the maintenance guy isn't like that. Though I don't know if that's the direction that you want to go, since it's really early days.

The part about letting your inner desires take over is cool, but it felt a bit inconsistent. During your first interaction, the guy is ogling, and she likes it, and you choose if you wanna go down that path. However, during the interaction with the maintenance guy, he's invoking her submissive side, but you have no input on whether she will let those desires take over. Truly, it would be silly to have these two fetishes both awaken on day 1, but like I said, it did feel inconsistent. Personally, I'd prefer it if it started as a fledgling fetish, and developed to something fuller later on, as it's too soon.

And this is the main point I want to make, it kinda feels like the game is in a hurry. We get scene 1, guy is ogling, she enjoys it, she starts showing more, and you choose if she will go on or not. We get scene 2, guy is coming onto her really hard, he's literally talking sexually to her, and all this on day 1. If it's going to be VN-like, then sure, don't drag it out like other VNs, but if it's going to be non-linear, then I suspect it would need more time to get immersed.

Anyway, that's all from me. Good luck!

PS: The writing is quite good imho.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BrokeGuy118

BrokeGuy118

Completely broke
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2024
I picked this up because the protag spiked my interest.

First of all, the mole is a very distinctive characteristic, and yet in one of the first scenes (where she is talking with the manager and is about to start work) her mole changes sides. I'm assuming you had the scene differently initially, but decided to mirror it, but as it is such a characteristic (like a piercing, or a scar or something) it is very apparent that its position was altered.

The game currently is pretty much on rails, it does show promise if it evolves to something non-linear. The writing is good.

The protag's background is that she has already been a sex worker for a long time, and she also states that she has served a lot of customers in that way, and has done a lot of sexual stuff with them. To me, it kinda feels like we're already in the end-game, as she's already corrupted. True, she's trying not to be, but usually these games are interesting because a person that starts a saint becomes the complete opposite. Here, the opposite seems to be becoming the saint, which, well, isn't for me.

One simple solution to this - which however changes the story a lot - is that she doesn't remember any of that life. Maybe it was part of the deal with her boss, to take some kind of pill to forget everything. That would kinda make more sense then, to play for corruption.

There is a big bug in the beginning, where you speak to the receptionist. If you speak to him from the left side (the table is a "counter" which means you can access the event across it), the scene will play but at some point she will attempt to move somewhere through the table, and the game will get stuck there.

After reading the intro I was fearing that the males will all be handsome and, well, normal. I was glad to see the maintenance guy isn't like that. Though I don't know if that's the direction that you want to go, since it's really early days.

The part about letting your inner desires take over is cool, but it felt a bit inconsistent. During your first interaction, the guy is ogling, and she likes it, and you choose if you wanna go down that path. However, during the interaction with the maintenance guy, he's invoking her submissive side, but you have no input on whether she will let those desires take over. Truly, it would be silly to have these two fetishes both awaken on day 1, but like I said, it did feel inconsistent. Personally, I'd prefer it if it started as a fledgling fetish, and developed to something fuller later on, as it's too soon.

And this is the main point I want to make, it kinda feels like the game is in a hurry. We get scene 1, guy is ogling, she enjoys it, she starts showing more, and you choose if she will go on or not. We get scene 2, guy is coming onto her really hard, he's literally talking sexually to her, and all this on day 1. If it's going to be VN-like, then sure, don't drag it out like other VNs, but if it's going to be non-linear, then I suspect it would need more time to get immersed.

Anyway, that's all from me. Good luck!

PS: The writing is quite good imho.
Hi thanks for the feedback! Actually this is just a concept demo and I am fine-tuning the depravity system to have more choices right now. My main aim for the protag is that, years of service has affected her in such a psychological fashion that she is crumbling slowly to be a mindless person who just wants sex. I am readjusting the dialogue in the new version to make it feel a bit more natural. As for the main protagonist, she is already depraved of her sanity and little what is left inside her is trying to hold her in place and attempts to guide her to get out and lead a normal life. The part where she talks sexually with her is where her rabid inner desires are overflowing to get hold of her. She is quite experienced in this stuff already but never in her head she thought of sex in a loose manner. (I don't know how to put this in words at the moment haha, english is my second language so it is hard for me to communicate this way) As of now, that is all I can say, and yes thank you for pointing out that wierd bug at the reception!

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
Hi thanks for the feedback! Actually this is just a concept demo and I am fine-tuning the depravity system to have more choices right now. My main aim for the protag is that, years of service has affected her in such a psychological fashion that she is crumbling slowly to be a mindless person who just wants sex. I am readjusting the dialogue in the new version to make it feel a bit more natural. As for the main protagonist, she is already depraved of her sanity and little what is left inside her is trying to hold her in place and attempts to guide her to get out and lead a normal life. The part where she talks sexually with her is where her rabid inner desires are overflowing to get hold of her. She is quite experienced in this stuff already but never in her head she thought of sex in a loose manner. (I don't know how to put this in words at the moment haha, english is my second language so it is hard for me to communicate this way) As of now, that is all I can say, and yes thank you for pointing out that wierd bug at the reception!
I understood that that's the premise, yes. Don't worry, English is a second language to me as well. From what I got, what you mean is that sex used to be professional to her, and not something she actually does of her own volition, as a hobby or something.

But you said it right there: "she is already depraved of her sanity" and "She is quite experienced in this stuff already". That was my point about corruption. That we start the game with an already "mindbroken" character. So the challenge in this would be to do the opposite, to turn her into a saint. It just doesn't feel like a premise for an adult game to me. But it's a matter of taste.

In any case, the character looks cool tho, we haven't had a game with a protagonist with a prominent characteristic such as a mole at the "monroe" piercing position in a long time, so that's certainly refreshing.

Oh, by the way, I don't remember there ever being any indication of how old she is. She states "ever since I was 18" or something like that, implying she's much older now, but I don't think it's ever clearly stated how old she is now?

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Oh, by the way, I don't remember there ever being any indication of how old she is. She states "ever since I was 18" or something like that, implying she's much older now, but I don't think it's ever clearly stated how old she is now?
She is 35.

Also, I agree, that's a really hot looking DAZ model that I've seen in quite a while. Sometimes, novice devs simply reuse the assets from the stores with slight modifications, but this one certainly stands out. The character has much attention to detail put into it and every render is amazing.

Reactions: Onedge
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes