Unreal Engine Completed The Kingdom of the End&The Witch of the Beginning [Final] [c3 art]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

IndriIndri

May 29, 2022
I did try this game and I didn't think it was great, the combat was very janky and annoying due to being locked into animations frequently especially with the swinging attack and a lot of the levels are very linear that feel like store assets. The AI especially is pretty bad as you they will launch an attack and then just stand there for 3-4 seconds. Since you can recover MP quickly by holding R and enemies are so slow, you can just spam Fireballs at a distance and most enemies won't be able to do anything to stop you. The options menu is pretty lacking too as it took me a bit to figure out TAB is to open the menu and no rebindable keys.

Also the translation is enough to figure out how to play and such but if you try to follow the dialogue then good luck. The story isn't exactly very strong anyway.

Might write a review later just to echo these thoughts I had. The game did appeal me with the main characters design which is why I even tried it, and the scenes themselves are not bad although it can be confusing how to get some scenes until you unlock them all automatically after beating the game.

---

If you are curious about this game though then I'd probably just say use the save that KungFu provided earlier since you can view the CGs from talking to one of the guild staff and revisit all stages in the guild hall from another if you want to go from there and see what the levels are like.

How to get some of the CGs
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Detective Cancer

p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
rOCK ON.png
wtf is a "Rock on" is this like a rocking emote/rock and roll? Or something like a rock and stone.... Oh wait it's lock on. Lol.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Leeduva

The Ratist

Dec 28, 2018
I've been waiting for this for long but the last time I played the demo there weren't any scenes on battle dont send me that cat.png

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I had some hopes for this one. It... didn't completely shatter them, but it's not exactly a wonderful experience.
The game plays fine, it's simple and kinda dumb, the translation isn't TOO bad, and it's at least better than the 99 zombie shooters I've seen posted on here that literally don't have sexual content. Pretty badly optimised though. It runs fine for me, but the 30fps hardlock makes my eye hurt.

Play at your own risk I guess. I can't say I hate it, it's really just "okay" by all metrics, but it's not worth buying like this, though I appreciate the effort. It's more than I can say for so many games on this site, and if I end up playing more of it and it goes on sale I might buy it. I was really hoping for a magical Holy Knight Ricca to be honest.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
You damn wankers need to give some credit where it is due at least. Not easy to make a full on ero game not in VN or RPGM format and for fucks sake :rolleyes: any comments about graphics are incredibly stupid. 30fps is fine and it ain't no huge studio with millions in cash to waste an absurd amount of time on graphics

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
You damn wankers need to give some credit where it is due at least. Not easy to make a full on ero game not in VN or RPGM format and for fucks sake :rolleyes: any comments about graphics are incredibly stupid. 30fps is fine and it ain't no huge studio with millions in cash to waste an absurd amount of time on graphics
Some people's eyes genuinely hurt when they play 30FPS games, the choppy movement with the camera's floaty nature can cause motion sickness too. Unless you're a console player and/or still own a Switch 60fps is the standard even for platformers and small indie games far bigger than this. That's just industry standard now. In 2D games it doesn't make as much of a difference, although everyone can appreciate really nice and smooth animations, but in a 3D space it can do some shit to your eyes.

Unreal 4 has pretty good tools to make models not as jaggy, and this game comes with no graphics settings to fiddle with for people with weaker/stronger PCs, or to help with the motion issue. The game is purposely locked to 30FPS, it can probably run at 60 if allowed to. This game also doesn't have mappable controls which is a must for any PC release if you want to make it playable with a keyboard and peoples varying setups.

You're vastly underestimating what a single person with enough time can make, but beyond that it's missing very simple QoL stuff that comes prepackaged with Unreal, meaning it was a conscious decision for them to make it like this. It also wasn't made by a single person and self-published. A company that has published over 30 games since 2020 put it up on Steam after being out since December in Japanese storefronts.

Credit where credit's due, but that doesn't exempt anyone from criticism about the parts that are lacking. The game came out last year, giving them a lot of time to polish and patch things as the feedback from the Japanese players came in as well. Being this defensive about it undermines whatever work they put into the game, as if they couldn't take criticism.

Lastly, this is hardly a "full on" ero game. There's lewd scenes in it, but it's got a lot more focus on the gameplay. From what I've seen aside from a few unlockable scenes most of it is defeat-rape and there aren't that many enemy types but I can't say that 100% since I'd need to finish it and I'm working on that.

nVirgo

May 6, 2020
I can't play this game for more than 5 minutes without feeling literally sick from the locked 30fps and how laggy it feels, also the game looks like it's being render in 480p, what a shame.

Arkade

May 23, 2017
Played this one in jp. Its as wonky as you would expect. Game is super easy as boss AI is braindead. Scenes don't have much impact- what you see is what you get. Hoping seeds of the dead 2 is dethroned someday with a similar action game but that is asking a lot.

bigboxbarry

Feb 3, 2018
is there a recollection room or is the guy at the counter the only one because if so theres barely any hentai scenes in this :unsure:

justsumguy360

Jan 7, 2021
about 2 days before the ending and i've enjoyed it a surprising amount (especially thanks to ivy's 60fps mod) My main two complaints are that the animations outside of combat are extremely janky, there was recently a very serious scene with admittedly not bad voice acting but the camera randomly panning and the animations being crap kinda took me out of it. The sex scenes are ESPECIALLY poorly animated but, eh, i can still fap to it i guess. The second thing is the audio bugs, whenever I load after dying (to fish for scenes namely) the audio of the game just completely breaks and i need to restart it. Other than that not bad, want more of these action games with almost ryza-esque graphics. Admittedly also wish there were more models now that i think about it as most people are pink and blue, but i'm used to it with this genre of games lol. Oh and lastly goes without saying but the TL is BAD. You can mostly get what's going on but there's some stuff where i'm lost because of it.

jet413

Mar 18, 2018
oral sex tag is missing but tags on here are never too reliable.

can i suck dick on here? :giggle:

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes