Kikinaak

Apr 26, 2020
Dude I'm on mobile and I can't do this. Just tell the code
need the veteran detective code please
can someone send the Veteran detectives code for the online version
use something stronger than a 4 letter english word for the password.
the rest was more a "teach a man to fish" kind of thing rather than just come right out and say the word that will no doubt change with the next update. Maybe a different birthstone?
Sure, the code can be traced, assuming the attacker has the skill and dedication to put in the time and effort required. The crowd playing these games, as demonstrated by the ones still asking for the code in this thread after I've already dropped 2 clues in my posts that spell it out clearly, dont have that. They are after instant gratification.
Are you guys... quite sure you are up to handling the title of veteran detective? :sneaky:

Kikinaak

Apr 26, 2020
Dude every 4 letter birthstone I put is wrong. Please stop with the riddles and just say the code
It WAS ruby. Dev changed it and I dont have the current one, which I warned about happening. That was kinda the whole point of giving a method that would still work after an update. If you are on mobile, have no way to edit the source, and dont want to / cant afford to buy a code, you are basically screwed. Otherwise download the game, edit the source, find the clearly signposted line that says "//console.log("false support code");" and change the line right below it to return true instead of false. You will never even have to enter a code.
Maybe now, after the incessant income of begging and demands, you understand?
Maybe now you understand that just giving the current code is useless when the dev pushes an update, and gets stupid people taking their frustrations out on me for giving "false" info?

t727

Jan 4, 2018
The detective code doesn't do much and isn't crucial IMHO.
It removes the irrelevant locations to visit and gives small hints about who you should talk to or interact with next.
But seeing there aren't a bazillion places to visit and the story kind of tell you who you should talk to anyway (If you pay attention, which I fail in doing at times)
Not like it adds corruption, or auto solves all the needed stats to continue on the quests.

Reactions: Fish_lip

mochongli

Nov 20, 2019
For those asking for the code, download the game. Open it with your text editor of choice, ctrl+F, "checkcode".
Uncomment the alert line. Note the target hash of 3511770.
Play the high low game until you get a hit. Am I one of the cool kids now?

Dev: dont leave a gaping security hole merely commented out in the public release of plaintext code, consider renaming your "checkcode" function to something less easily searched, and use something stronger than a 4 letter english word for the password.
ruby, but failed.

PJ95X

Jun 7, 2017
Stuck on Jana's quest, spoke to Emma, that didn't convince her, completed ever other quest through this update and have visited every location multiple times trying every option. Playing the online version.

Seedmaster556

Nov 19, 2019
Stuck on Jana's quest, spoke to Emma, that didn't convince her, completed ever other quest through this update and have visited every location multiple times trying every option. Playing the online version.
Try spying and confronting her.

I've done that, no idea where to go next.

Reactions: PJ95X

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks!
That quest has one more entry before the end of the quest in that version of the game, so... keep trying. It's possible it won't be marked as "end of version" after that, which is a bug.

Reactions: t727 and PJ95X

AnNyeong

Apr 19, 2018
Alcahest,

Had a great time with the game. I enjoyed the character development of the priest, historical/botanical/etc. background, and the creative and well fitting stats system. You're an inspiration, thanks!
I was pleasantly surprised by the game as well...
One of the most engaging XXX game I've ever played, it's too short for how good it is!
I really like the point and click map style of games with short texts, only being long when required and really doesn't feel like a chore. Most HTLM stuff out there are criminally tedious to play/read.
For some reason I really don't click with the popular RPG or Unity style games.

Anyone got recommendation for other games like this? I'm open to try RPG/Unity games.

For unity, the characters and/or character development is usually outrageously predictable, bland and feels pushed to achieve XXX stuff. Like, you know by the first interaction where everything is gonna go, and sometimes how, too.

For the RPG, usually the "gaming elements" are weird and unenjoyable, getting in the way of either the XXX or the fun of playing

Thanks in advance!

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes