Mod Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] - MultiMod v0.5.0[GB]

When facing an either/or choice in the AVN, would you like the option to see both scenes/paths?

• Yes

Votes: 70 85.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Sorry... I went back and re-read your post. I see what you are saying, but I cannot replicate the error. Can you send me a screen shot of the error?
It's not an error, it is a bug.

Play the game without the mod starting a new game.

MC goes to take a shower. When MC takes a shower, selecting the option to leave the door open leads to Kaija joining him in the shower for sex.

With your mod, when MC takes a shower, selecting the option to leave the door open leads to the next scene.

I have already deleted the game so I can't take a screenshot.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It's not an error, it is a bug.

Play the game without the mod starting a new game.

MC goes to take a shower. When MC takes a shower, selecting the option to leave the door open leads to Kaija joining him in the shower for sex.

With your mod, when MC takes a shower, selecting the option to leave the door open leads to the next scene.

I have already deleted the game so I can't take a screenshot.
Sorry for the problems. I just did a fresh install and added the mod. I chose to leave the door unlocked and there was an h scene with the MC and Kaija so it's working for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Sorry for the problems. I just did a fresh install and added the mod. I chose to leave the door unlocked and there was an h scene with the MC and Kaija so it's working for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?
OK I am re-downloading the game and your mod at pixeldrain and will try it again.

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
OK - I was able to reproduce the bug.
From the start, I chose the same options which may or may not matter.
Change Name and nickname.
Read introduction.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

ethanadam

Jan 15, 2024
Read introduction.

Yeah, with mod I can only get the sex scene if I slap her ass and thus miss a LPKaija, whereas if I play vanilla I can still get the scene if I greet her good morning
But I believe the original mod from LaikDink also had the exact same bug if im recalling correctly

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Read introduction.

Thank you for taking the time to do this for me. LaikDink was using and older version of the script and I just updated his (me being lazy). Regardless, it has been updated and a new version of the MOD has been added to the main post.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to do this for me. LaikDink was using and older version of the script and I just updated his (me being lazy). Regardless, it has been updated and a new version of the MOD has been added to the main post.

Thanks again!
Of course, this is the only one I noticed. There may be 20 to 30 more similar bugs throughout.
(I'm really, really stretching it here):p

And I only noticed because I remembered the scene (which, considering my poor memory shocked the hell out of me.) o_O

I will download the new version of the mod and try it again.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

Thanks again!
I tried to download the file but on pixeldrain the file does not exist. Has the GoogleDrive download been updated? The mod version number is the same.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I tried to download the file but on pixeldrain the file does not exist. Has the GoogleDrive download been updated? The mod version number is the same.
The GDRIVE should be the new one. I was advised to keep my MOD version the same as the games, even tho I have not done that with my other mods, regardless, it should be the new one. I also updated the Pixeldrain link.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
The GDRIVE should be the new one. I was advised to keep my MOD version the same as the games, even tho I have not done that with my other mods, regardless, it should be the new one. I also updated the Pixeldrain link.
That is true; you should always keep the mod version the same as the game. However, if you fix an error in your mod, you should create a new mod version such as v0.5.0a (since the game will likely have a version v0.5.1) to show it is a newer version. And update the changelog.

I'll download the PD file now.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I tried it and got a parsing error, I tried again and the game works, but the first choice in the kitchen was not marked. I decided to drop the game. Good luck SteelyDan14 .

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Okay so i tried your mod and then used LaikDink for a reference
Yours works more like a normal Walkthrough even tho the point system is still there.
While LaikDink works like a multi mod.

I know nothing of modding except a few script fixes on galaxy (gog system) but the way your mod is playing out
its still a player choices there own choices which they could do without a mod.
a Mod is mostly made for those who just wanna enjoy the story without the worst outcome or multiple playthroughs (like me)
I think the best course of action would be to make it like the original mod, Multiple points and choices for the player to see.
The player can still point there own outcome.

Thats just my opinion.
This just feels more like a normal Walkthrough mod instead of a Multi-mod walkthrough
which people are here for.

Last edited:

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I want to thank everyone for their patience as I get up to speed with this new MOD. I just did a clean install of The Neverwhere Tales, deleted all my save files as well as any persistent files and then installed the MOD with the updated Quick Menu screen. I tested all functionality including all the quick menu options and everything is functioning as it should. The corrected/updated Multimod has been uploaded to Pixeldrain and GDrive.

Thanks again for your understanding. I took on too much too fast and just need to slow down a bit and do one at a time. Now that I have a decent code base for multimods, updating existing and new ones should go a bit faster.

As usual, please update me with any suggestions or problems.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Okay so i tried your mod and then used LaikDink for a reference
Yours works more like a normal Walkthrough even tho the point system is still there.
While LaikDink works like a multi mod.

I know nothing of modding except a few script fixes on galaxy (gog system) but the way your mod is playing out
its still a player choices there own choices which they could do without a mod.
a Mod is mostly made for those who just wanna enjoy the story without the worst outcome or multiple playthroughs (like me)
I think the best course of action would be to make it like the original mod, Multiple points and choices for the player to see.
The player can still point there own outcome.

Thats just my opinion.
This just feels more like a normal Walkthrough mod instead of a Multi-mod walkthrough
which people are here for.
I appreciate your thoughts. I started this journey using LaikDinks mod and all I really did was go through and change the way he highlighted things. His provided the user with a path LD thought was best, but it was still a walkthru. I showed the point values and am letting the player decide how they want to play it. Again, I think it is still a walkthru.

I also added an automatic gallery unlocker so between the walkthru, the stats page and the gallery unlocker, I would think this would qualify as a multimod.

I am planning on adding things like Achievment Hints as well as blowing out the description/impacts of the decisions.

I see where you are coming from, but there are a lot of people who like several playthrus and I think this format works better. Having said that, I am open to thoughts on how to do this.

Let me think about what you said. As I move forward, I will see if I can incorporate your thoughts.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
I appreciate your thoughts. I started this journey using LaikDinks mod and all I really did was go through and change the way he highlighted things. His provided the user with a path LD thought was best, but it was still a walkthru. I showed the point values and am letting the player decide how they want to play it. Again, I think it is still a walkthru.

I also added an automatic gallery unlocker so between the walkthru, the stats page and the gallery unlocker, I would think this would qualify as a multimod.

I am planning on adding things like Achievment Hints as well as blowing out the description/impacts of the decisions.

I see where you are coming from, but there are a lot of people who like several playthrus and I think this format works better. Having said that, I am open to thoughts on how to do this.

Let me think about what you said. As I move forward, I will see if I can incorporate your thoughts.
You should look at how Sancho does his mod and take some inspiration from him.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019

I guess you are right. I completely forgot that point system, gallery and point choices falls under multi-mod category.
Since I normally dont use the gallery and point system since being able to see everything with the both-scene choices and the multiple point earned with the both choice option.

I only used my point of view due to not using those other options.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Read introduction.

So after seeing this I can now positively confirm that laikdinks code for his mod was fucked as I for example didn't get the shower scene and didn't even know about it because there was no written walktrough to tell me about it and I didn't chose to slap her ass in the first choice nor did I choose the both option that the original had and also that mod I can also confirm fucked with the points as I should have had full Kaija points at the end of chapter 3 but didn't,So I am totally glad that SteelyDan decided to rework the code.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
One of the best things about LaikDinks mods is that they turn games that are not “harem” into “harem” games. That's why I use them.

It's definitely what I appreciated most about their mods and the main reason I used them. I really appreciate you continuing his work, but obviously I would prefer if you included the option to see all options and/or be in all paths of every love interests in one save/run.

I know it's more work and I would understand if you didn't want to include that option, but it would be greatly appreciated.

pitao

May 18, 2023
Have you ever tried to decompile his mods - lol
Hehehe yeah probably it complex, I never tried to decompile them but Sancho seems an above average coder and makes his own core, for sure my favorite modder along with a few others near like KoGa3 and scrappy. But I guess DarhkBlu meant to take inspiration on the features Sancho puts on his mods (and the useful information he puts on each choice, with the least spoiling possible) and let SteelyDan14 make it their own way and not to "steal" the exact way to code haha

Reactions: Twistty