VN - Ren'Py - The Nexus [v0.2] [Silent Raven]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Ultralazuli

v0.2 Review

I've always though that if you plan to use Honey Select 2, you need to edit the characters and rendering tech a LOT, as HS2 women tend to look very samey, and have a lot of issue with torpedo tits and such.

There's been some editing of the characters, mostly clothing and hair, but it does show that this is an HS2 game--the eyes are enormous and always overglossy, faces are blemishless and bland, etc.

That said, however, one of the main issues I see with a lot of HS2 games is improper facial/eye posing, and this game does at least focus a bit on fixing that.

The story for this game is fairly solid. A simple premise, which quickly unfurls into a whole shitshow. I do think the game could probably use a bit more story or days before we get to where the 0.2 version leaves off. I enjoy a good cliffhanger as much as the next guy or gal. But this one pops off almost immediately. And I didn't even see everything.

The content is somewhat cliche, but in a way that is mediocre at worst, and decent at best. Some mythos from other properties can be seen here, but not much.

It DOES feel like the MC and his blonde partner are more like 15 year olds, rather than 18 year old young adults--not in appearance (thank god), but more in attitude and approach. This doesn't mean it's entirely told through the lens of a teenager, but moreso that it feels almost like Supernatural and a Hardy Boys book. Not sure if that was the intention.

Outfits are a tad overdesigned, but they are each evocative and unique, so kudos on that.

UI/UIX is more or less default Ren'Py, so not really anything to say there.

Sex scenes (I don't think I got all of them) are good, not great. HS2 has some decent anims if you look hard enough, and the only one I was bored with was the succubus scene in the beginning. It felt like the same exact scene as in Ring of Lust/Murmur/etc. The others seemed fairly hot.

All in all, I'd probably give this a 3.8 score if I could get that granular. It is a fairly solid premise, decent sex scenes and fairly interesting characters, but is dragged down by a somewhat mediocre plot execution, premature pop off, and some of the same issues as any other games rendered in HS2.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

tmu500

The game is pretty good. I liked most of the characters, and the story is decent. I'm definitely looking forward to more updates. One improvement I would love to see is better graphics and possibly less cheesy dialogue. Overall, it's enjoyable for first-time players. Keep up the good work!