Cheat Mod Ren'Py The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector [v1.5] [Sleepingkirby]

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Instructions were a bit unclear. For those with issues installing: you put the .bat in the "game" folder then you get the .sh file in the main folder and select "open with" the .bat file.
No, none of that is right. Windows people following that will not be able to apply the cheat (nor run the game).
A .bat file is a batch file (as in, batch commands). It needs to be RAN. If you were to select "open with", depending on your system and/or editor, it can run it in command prompt, open it in an editor or open it in another program.

The instructions are written that way for a reason. It needs to be RAN FROM THE GAMES FOLDER. ONLY ONCE IS IT DONE SHOULD YOU START THE GAME. If you're on windows, you CANNOT RUN THE GAME VIA THE .SH FILE UNLESS YOU HAVE A *NIX SHELL INSTALLED LIKE CYGWIN OR WSL. THE .BAT FILE DOES NOT REQUIRE NOR REFERENCE THE LINUX VERSION OF THE CHEAT INJECTOR. If it did, I would have a lot easier time writing the .bat version.

Most likely, what happened to you is, you ran it, assumed it was done and started the game. It didn't start applied so you did something else and restarted the game again. You need to wait until the script is finished before starting the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Exocrine

Achelexus

Aug 22, 2017
No, none of that is right. Windows people following that will not be able to apply the cheat (nor run the game).
A .bat file is a batch file (as in, batch commands). It needs to be RAN. If you were to select "open with", depending on your system and/or editor, it can run it in command prompt, open it in an editor or open it in another program.

The instructions are written that way for a reason. It needs to be RAN FROM THE GAMES FOLDER. ONLY ONCE IS IT DONE SHOULD YOU START THE GAME. If you're on windows, you CANNOT RUN THE GAME VIA THE .SH FILE UNLESS YOU HAVE A *NIX SHELL INSTALLED LIKE CYGWIN OR WSL. THE .BAT FILE DOES NOT REQUIRE NOR REFERENCE THE LINUX VERSION OF THE CHEAT INJECTOR. If it did, I would have a lot easier time writing the .bat version.

Most likely, what happened to you is, you ran it, assumed it was done and started the game. It didn't start applied so you did something else and restarted the game again. You need to wait until the script is finished before starting the game.
I see. I tried several times to run the file normally but it didn't do anything. Only when I tried to do as I said, that the cmd file to apply the patch actually worked.

Trying this again right now, I still can't open the .bat file at all, most likely due to some Windows 11 bullsh1t. But it seems that I can pick any file and "open with" the .bat file to make it finally open the patch-applying procedure. I dunno why.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I see. I tried several times to run the file normally but it didn't do anything. Only when I tried to do as I said, that the cmd file to apply the patch actually worked.

Trying this again right now, I still can't open the .bat file at all, most likely due to some Windows 11 bullsh1t. But it seems that I can pick any file and "open with" the .bat file to make it finally open the patch-applying procedure. I dunno why.
Yeah, .bat files, are under specific scrutinized by windows despite being, you know, only run-able in windows. But searching online, you might have to set permissions or change the registry to get it to run. I haven't used Win11 yet so I can't help you there.
If the proper executable is linked to.bat files, it should at least briefly open up a command prompt window. It doesn't, most likely some other executable is trying to run the .bat and failing to run it in the background and, hence, dying without a message. The .bat file in the windows side should start and wait for user input before applying the patch. If nothing happens, something is definitely configured differently.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Quick notification to everyone using this. As of game version 0.5a, the interface for the stats of each character has been moved from the phone into the menu. As such, the cheats for modifying stats/mood is currently not available/not working. I'm updating the injector now to fix that. I will update again when I'm finished.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
So, the updated version isn't working properly.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I installed it in the proper directory, as well.
I must have selected the wrong file when uploading or something. That script was v1.1. I've updated the link. Try it now.

Reactions: Nevrius

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
I still get this error message here: Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive
But it works now, so thanks for the quick fix, mate :D

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I still get this error message here: Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive
But it works now, so thanks for the quick fix, mate :D
Thanks for catching it. I could have sworn I double checked the file that I clicked on to upload.

That error is okay/benign. That's from rpatool. Nothing I can do short of suppressing error messages or specifying exact files which may change over time or rebuild my own version of rpatool from source. It's basically rpatool going "I can't extract, from the zip file, the current directory into the current directory."

Reactions: Nevrius

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Joiplay released a Renpy plugin that can play null hypothesis. I was curious if anyone could supply a pc version of 0.5a that has already had the cheat injected into it? It would be very appreciated.
I just came home from dragon boat festival. I'll upload one in a bit.

ETA: Sent it to you via private message. Please tell me if it works. I'll update the post when/if you're able to confirm.

Last edited:

Fiasco

Jun 2, 2017
Are there any plans for editing shame values outside of trust + love? Is it even possible atm?

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Are there any plans for editing shame values?
No, but yes? Shame is not a value that you can directly edit. Shame is a calculation of love and trust. Last I checked:
public shame value = 0.4 * (love + trust)
private shame value = 0.25 * (love + trust)

So if your love and/or trust is high enough, you can get them to wear anything, including running around nude. Of course, there's a love and trust cap based on the chapter, but this cheat breaks those caps already.

As a result:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-null...ctor-v1-5-sleepingkirby.199827/#post-13211494

BRoss5

Jul 29, 2018
Overview:
A script to apply cheats into the game "The Null Hypothesis". Based off of SLDR's Rogue-like cheat injector.

DISCLAIMER: WHEN USING THIS CHEAT, OR EVEN HAVE USED IT ONCE AND REMOVED IT,
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO THE NULL HYPOTHESIS TEAM AS
THE BUGS MAY BE A RESULT OF THE CHEAT.

Please also note that THIS CHEAT DOES NOT TURN ON THE ABILITY TO HAVE SEX EARLY as
that is a scheduled game event. Please see FAQ for full details.​

Updated: 2024-06-08
Game/Creator: The Null Hypothesis/Ron Chon
Modder: Sleepingkirby
Mod Version: 1.5
Game Version: 0.5a and above
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Reinstallation:

Change-Log:

FAQ:

Will I make an Android version?
- Short answer: No. It's a technological limit.

Why won't <insert character here> have sex with me even thought their love/trust value is over 9k? <insert DBZ meme here>
- Whether or not they have sex with you is not dependent on a numeric value, but on specific event flags. At the time of writing, the characters will need to have said "I love you" first before they are willing to have sex with you.

Can you add that as part of the cheat?
- Short answer: I won't as this is a bad idea.

Download:
Windows:

Linux:

View attachment 3441235 View attachment 3715904 View attachment 3441243 View attachment 3441245 View attachment 3515411
When combined with console commands sex is absolutely possible sooner. I had sex in the last version at the timeline when without your mod i didn't.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
When combined with console commands sex is absolutely possible sooner. I had sex in the last version at the timeline when without your mod i didn't.
Yes, I know. I didn't write it's not possible. I wrote that it's a bad idea.
Whether or not they have sex with you is not dependent on a numeric value, but on specific event flags
This is something I considered and decided against. Doing so would break the game and cut you off from other and/or further content. These flags are applied in a linear fashion, but not related to each other in any linear way. To add this flag artificially could mean other flags (and hence, other events that are dependent on those flags) can never be reached, thus breaking the game.
It's not that it's impossible. It's that it's not a good idea to put it into a cheat when people using it will activate it without knowing/reading the consequences.

I know which flags to set and how to set them. I've known them since before I wrote this cheat injector. It's just not a good idea unless you're okay with the consequences or REALLY know what you're doing.

Last edited:

shadowslide

Apr 29, 2020
Overview:
A script to apply cheats into the game "The Null Hypothesis". Based off of SLDR's Rogue-like cheat injector.

DISCLAIMER: WHEN USING THIS CHEAT, OR EVEN HAVE USED IT ONCE AND REMOVED IT,
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO THE NULL HYPOTHESIS TEAM AS
THE BUGS MAY BE A RESULT OF THE CHEAT.

Please also note that THIS CHEAT DOES NOT TURN ON THE ABILITY TO HAVE SEX EARLY as
that is a scheduled game event. Please see FAQ for full details.​

Updated: 2024-06-08
Game/Creator: The Null Hypothesis/Ron Chon
Modder: Sleepingkirby
Mod Version: 1.5
Game Version: 0.5a and above
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Reinstallation:

Change-Log:

FAQ:

Will I make an Android version?
- Short answer: No. It's a technological limit.

Why won't <insert character here> have sex with me even thought their love/trust value is over 9k? <insert DBZ meme here>
- Whether or not they have sex with you is not dependent on a numeric value, but on specific event flags. At the time of writing, the characters will need to have said "I love you" first before they are willing to have sex with you.

Can you add that as part of the cheat?
- Short answer: I won't as this is a bad idea.

Download:
Windows:

Linux:

View attachment 3441235 View attachment 3715904 View attachment 3441243 View attachment 3441245 View attachment 3515411
please if is possible, can you share a mega download? thank you