Malagga

Jun 16, 2023
If I remember correctly, the devs indicated that they would try to orient themselves at the publication history of the different characters.

Rogue, Laura and Storm are artifacts from when this was intended to be Rogue like mod.

So I assume Polaris is another strong contender and beyond that, who knows?
The list of possible characters increases dramatically when we come into the 80s roster.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Hopefully there would be eventually be an option to take photos or videos of girls. Heck they can also send some spicy photos via the chat

Last edited:
Reactions: ZergAlien

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
Just my theory but considering the story moves through the seasons and the school year too given it's structure, my likely guesses for who are the next three girls would either be kitty pryde, storm and either emma frost or jubilee.

Why? well given that the main character would be in his second year by the time v0.4 comes out, storm is likely to appear since she's already teaching there and story wise, it's only in the second year that the MC encounters her due to her teaching one of his new subjects (probably). As for kitty pryde, it would just be interesting to have her be a first year student and you the MC, being a second year, showing her the ropes in the school, just a different dynamic compared to the first three girls. (btw, I'm not sure if kitty pryde is already in the game either mentioned or as a cameo so I may be wrong, it's been a while since i last played). I say emma frost or Jubilee because emma adds another teacher character to the game and it's jubilee, she's another popular xmen character so why not?

This is just my wild and probably shit prediction, for all I know we could get wild cards like polaris, magik, mystique or even scarlet witch, who knows? Fuck, for all we know it might even be kurt in the next update xD
If the game is set in the era when Kitty joins the team then it's doubtful Emma would also be added. She was still a member of the Hellfire Club at the time and had tried to recruit Kitty to the Massachusetts Academy that the club ran.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Fuck, for all we know it might even be kurt in the next update xD
Oh I wish. :devilish:

Hopefully there would be eventually be an option to take photos or videos of girls. Heck they can also send some spice photos via the chat
Discussed and planned. Just not high on the priority list since we are still barely out of pre-alpha.

Poker_king70

Sep 23, 2021
Yes.
They've confirmed Storm.
And they've stated that they are deliberately not revealing who beyond that.
It's fun to read too much into the game's upcoming characters. So, my guesses, with absolutely no qualifications on my part:

Storm was a given, as she has already appeared.

Illyana Rasputin, since her brother is in the game. With the bonus of having a sidequest of surving an angry brother made of organic metal after he finds out your shtupping his sister.

Kitty would be an obvious choice, but as frosh, she may be too loli for Patreon. So, Jubilee or Emma would be logical, but the game is diverging from Oni's, so Polaris might work. But if given the choice, I'd go with Dazzler, who hates Rogue.

Reactions: Crichton

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
The game is going to follow some of the iconic storylines by chapter. So chapter 2 is going to follow an iconic story from the early 80s. I would say look at the characters who were added or around at that time.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

Martiflymar

May 5, 2023
Is there content after summer ? I did all the main quests (stuck with optionnal but we don't care i guess ?) and i'm still lvl 5. Dunno if it's normal

And if somebody know how to up public shame

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Is there content after summer ? I did all the main quests (stuck with optionnal but we don't care i guess ?) and i'm still lvl 5. Dunno if it's normal

And if somebody know how to up public shame
Each chapter consists of 4 seasons, so Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. So Chapter 1 finishes at Summer.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
ronchonbon

Just some easy to implement quality of life feedback.

Please enable the skip dialogue button. I don't know why you disabled it since it a basic Renpy function. Without it it makes save scumming, or just try to skip ahead to see what new in the game a real pain.

Also please enable right clicking to open up the preference / save menu. Again its a basic Renpy function so not sure why you disabled it. Cause it is really annoying to have to constantly click on Preference or open up the phone to save / load instead of just being able to right click.

Now more to the realm of subjective game design philosophy.

I am glad you made this game cause it add in all the missing depth / RPG mechanics that people have been asking Oni to add to Rogue Like for years. Like more in detail dates, hygiene mechanics, other male characters, etc...

But personally I am not a fan of the quest system, and it feel like a downgrade to the original Rogue Like. Because what made the original Rogue Like such a unique gem compared to all the other countless Renpy H games is that Rogue Like feel like an actual game, and sex sandbox. Where you as the player are free to do whatever you want, without being forced to jump through unnecessary boring checkpoint hoops. Where you could flirt with a girl and get into her pants via 3 different path routes, such as love, obedience, and inhibition. You could mix and match what way you want to woo her, and do creative things. You could focus on only the girls you like, and skip the interactions with the girls you don't like. All you had to do was raise the 3 ambiguous stats whatever way you wanted with no hard requirements.

The quest system you have implemented in the game kind of just kills actual game / sandbox aspect of the game, and just turns this into another boring "visual novel". Where it not a game where players are free to make their own decisions, but rather just another linear checkbox hoop jumping game. What I am referring to is the whole you have to study with a girl x amount of times, you go to train with her y amount of times, go on z amount of dates with her. It would be better if all of those things were optional. Like they would just give you huge amounts points, rather than being hard checkpoint requirements.

Also correct me if I am wrong since I played the game for a few hours yesterday. I went and maxed my progress with Rogue, where I did all her quests, got her to max love and trust. But I literally couldn't have sex with her. Could only do foreplay actions. From searching this thread, it seems like you have to do the quest to progress your relationship all 3 girls before you can unlock actual sex with any of them. Also when asking Rogue to be the player character's girlfriend, he just straight up tells her that she has to be okay with being in a polygamous relationship. That just straight up takes away from the "game" (player choice / freedom / decision making) aspect, and turns it into a another generic linear "visual novel", where you don't have any real freedom to make your own decisions. Where you as the player are just a cog in the machine with no real autonomy going through a checklist of things. In Rogue like you can chose to be monogamous, you can ask girls to become polygamous, you can choose to keep things casual (friends with benefits), you can be polygamous / cheat arbitrarily which was what made it feel like an actual game.

So please consider changing how you implement events / missions. Make them optional, not hard requirements. Because this would actually make Null Hypothesis a successful spiritual successor (upgrade / replacement) to Rogue Like, rather another stale generic visual novel game following a stagnate overdone formula. Cause at the end of the day most people play H games for the sex and the ability to make their own decisions. Otherwise they would just go watch hentai or play a regular boring visual novel.

Last edited:

Martiflymar

May 5, 2023
I think it increases with trust and love stats for each of the girls, for now at least.

I don't know of any other way to increase it other than that
I don't know if there is a cap for the actual version of the game, so maybe you're right

Laura 1000 love 1000 trust is stuck at 500

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
As far as the current build stands, we have different hairstyles, accessory options, clothing and pubic hair designs plus tanned skin states and piercings. (Which is a lot in its own right)

However, hopefully in the future updates maybe we could get more customization options for the girls? Specifically, hair color options, tattoo designs, pregnancy states, make up (only rogue has iirc), armpit hair?, battle scars? slut writings? idk, the art is just so damn good in this game i want more xD

Tho I get that this would probably be a bitch to do for the art team but hey, it's just a suggestion xD

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

jjavier

Nov 8, 2022
Great game really despite a few minor flaws which have already been mentioned several times and which will be resolved in the next updates, so no problems!

The only negative point that I find and which is only my personal opinion, is the lack of foot fetishism during the sex scenes. The only negative point that I find and which is only my personal opinion, is is the lack of foot fetishism during the sex scenes (I'm only in spring yet, but I doubt that even in summer there is anything at this level given that the images of the scenes every feet are out of scope apart from the one in the standing position, I could be wrong and if that is the case, I am sorry.).. I sincerely hope that new positions and sexual acts with the feet will be added in the next updates because I think it's too complicated to change the current positions, even if I don't know anything about it.

And even if that's not the case, I'll deal with it, I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Reactions: cannavaro99

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Illyana Rasputin, since her brother is in the game. With the bonus of having a sidequest of surving an angry brother made of organic metal after he finds out your shtupping his sister.
I think Peter would actually be OK with that since the MC has already shown himself to be a solid bro by trying to help against Juggs even though he was obviously outmatched. The only thing I hope for at that point if they do add Illyana in is that they go with her comic book personality rather than that weird thing they did with the New Mutants movie. Her personality in the movie was nowhere near how she actually is.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I don't know if there is a cap for the actual version of the game, so maybe you're right

Laura 1000 love 1000 trust is stuck at 500
That is by design by the looks of it. There may be a character down the line that breaks that barrier and has less shame about appearing nude in public, but most of the ladies are going to have certain moral limits to what they will and will not do. The limit is more flexible in private with the MC.

Aug 15, 2021
I am glad you made this game cause it add in all the missing depth / RPG mechanics that people have been asking Oni to add to Rogue Like for years. Like more in detail dates, hygiene mechanics, other male characters, etc...

But personally I am not a fan of the quest system, and it feel like a downgrade to the original Rogue Like. Because what made the original Rogue Like such a unique gem compared to all the other countless Renpy H games is that Rogue Like feel like an actual game, and sex sandbox. Where you as the player are free to do whatever you want, without being forced to jump through unnecessary boring checkpoint hoops. Where you could flirt with a girl and get into her pants via 3 different path routes, such as love, obedience, and inhibition. You could mix and match what way you want to woo her, and do creative things. You could focus on only the girls you like, and skip the interactions with the girls you don't like. All you had to do was raise the 3 ambiguous stats whatever way you wanted with no hard requirements.

The quest system you have implemented in the game kind of just kills actual game / sandbox aspect of the game, and just turns this into another boring "visual novel". Where it not a game where players are free to make their own decisions, but rather just another linear checkbox hoop jumping game. What I am referring to is the whole you have to study with a girl x amount of times, you go to train with her y amount of times, go on z amount of dates with her. It would be better if all of those things were optional. Like they would just give you huge amounts points, rather than being hard checkpoint requirements.
This game isn't meant to be an open world sex sandbox though. It doesn't attempt to be the spiritual successor to Rogue Like. In fact, it has been stated by many of the Dev team that they still encourage people to play Rogue-Like for the sort of game play you're describing.
This game has a storyline that develops both in terms of the main plot as well as the character development optional arcs for the girls and likely eventually other NPCs as well. This necessitates a different type of format to ensure that certain content is experienced in the proper order. In terms of variety, they have already discussed how future girls may have different dating requirements and thresholds.

Also correct me if I am wrong
Okay, you're wrong.

There are caps each season for maximum love and trust and so you aren't going to be able to do the RLE style rush to see how quickly you can bang a girl. That is deliberately tied to the story development for the.

From searching this thread, it seems like you have to do the quest to progress your relationship all 3 girls before you can unlock actual sex with any of them.
Also when asking Rogue to be the player character's girlfriend, he just straight up tells her that she has to be okay with being in a polygamous relationship.
You do have to build a relationship with your fellow students, but it doesn't have to be romantic. You can choose which, if any, of the girls you want to be involved with at that level. You can do a monogamous run if that suits you or even do a completely celibate run. Yes, the option to just be casual fuckbuddies is not an option, but there is even lines in there explaining why each of these girls in particular wouldn't be interested in that. You can cheat on the girls by not discussing dating other girls as well though and that has its own series of responses.

So please consider changing how you implement events / missions. Make them optional, not hard requirements. Because this would actually make Null Hypothesis a successful spiritual successor (upgrade / replacement) to Rogue Like, rather another stale generic visual novel game following a stagnate overdone formula. Cause at the end of the day most people play H games for the sex and the ability to make their own decisions. Otherwise they would just go watch hentai or play a regular boring visual novel.
At the end of the day, they aren't trying to just make another H Game. They aren't trying to be the replacement for any game. They are trying to do something different. If that's not your thing, that is cool too. As you mention, you can always just go watch hentai or play a regular boring visual novel.

erow

Jan 2, 2018
I think Peter would actually be OK with that since the MC has already shown himself to be a solid bro by trying to help against Juggs even though he was obviously outmatched.
Dude pretty much put his life on the line for Colossus and Rogue. If that ain't making you ok having him as a boyfriend for your sister nothing will. But he had a fling with Kitty so...

4.60 star(s) 134 Votes