Tahaelhour1

Sep 6, 2019
guys, I think we're getting off track here. can we end this and get back to talking about this game?
this whole discussion is proof of how garbage the western comics model is. if you wanna go read a manga, you look up the name and go to chapter 1. once the author is done, the story and the world is done. No 70 authors on one character fighting for everyone's attention for 60 years.

Not that good stuff can't come out of this model, but it inherently breeds stagnation. you will die and superman will be constantly retold, but once demon slayer is over, it's over.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
The quality of the drawings are great, even the animations, i really hope they redo or lengthen the sex scenes cuz its the only part that sucks so far.
Hard to not agree about drawing and animations being nicely done, as they really are. My only complain here, or rather wish, would be to have more accurate facial expressions and, as already someone stated, changing of those into more lewd with each orgasm as MC is fucking thier brains out. And also a bit more accurate movements, yet not too much. After all we are "reading" a comic book after all. To be honest, I am quite suprised such thing as that simple filter can change my perception from playing to reading. Still, having Laura doing blowjob while movement are out of sync is quite hilarious.

i thought that was weird just like the half arms intead of the hands, i cant help to think that they wanted to move as far away from RLE that they come up with this awkward "solutions"
To be honest it felt weird and hilarious at the same time when I was playing RLE. I prefer to actually see more of MC's body, even if it's an outline, instead of just flying hands and tounge.

i could get it the first time you do something but every time? it reminds me of this video of a barber that would ask permition to touch their customers hair... Althought being into BDSM in real life i can tell you that in many parties, orgies (just watching) or shibari sesions ive been the organizers encourage this kind of dinamics were you ask permition for every little thing. quite weird in a couple dinamic but i get were the idea comes from.

this game is definitely quite different from most games ive played. Its so wholesome romantic vanilla and concent focus that it reminds me of a princess game i played on my sister tablet a long time ago. i konw that sounds bad but i really enjoyed playing that game. you couldnt have sex but you could kiss, have romantic dates and steamy sesions, then you could marry one of the guys. yeah thats gay i know but the princess was hot and the writing was great.

not what most guys want here but it is what it is. cant judge a sim date like you would a sex simulation.
I remember seeing one of those videos of hairdresser asking permission to touch someone else's hair. I think I lost my last two, already dying, brain cells that day... If I'm going to hairdresser to do my hair I'm giving them my permission to touch me without saying or expecting them to ask about such thing, same as I'm allowing a doctor or a nurse, to touch my body as it might be necessary to determine what illness I might have.

I just found that simply a bit annoying. I am pretty vanilla guy and I find asking for permission when you're both learning your bodies and want to do something quite understandable, especially if you are not sure about your partner or want to do something unorthodox which may cause some serious damage or life threating situation. But not after 34th time when you're are both very well educated about your bodies. Still, as it was already answered, it's but for the time being.

Rogue is like "that was a great"
Laura like "mf im ready for round 6"
Jean like "if you dont let me rest i will die"
To tell you the truth, I had to actually edit Rouge's face in that shot, because she was proudly and evilly grinning to the point I was actually asking myself if I broke her by choking her too much. And there would be quite a lot more cum on them, but... it simply disappeared from various body parts when they got thier clothes back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetluvd

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022
There are some controversies surrounding this game, like whether the idea, art, mechanics, and story were plagiarised. From a consumer point of view, it would be great if the developers could work together and keep developing this game. I really love the artwork and story for Laura and don't want it to end, so hopefully the devs can sort out their differences and focus on building out the rest of the game
???
Man stop doing drugs or do drugs less because I think you got something wrong

Terry Zimmerman

Nov 2, 2023
this whole discussion is proof of how garbage the western comics model is. if you wanna go read a manga, you look up the name and go to chapter 1. once the author is done, the story and the world is done. No 70 authors on one character fighting for everyone's attention for 60 years.

Not that good stuff can't come out of this model, but it inherently breeds stagnation. you will die and superman will be constantly retold, but once demon slayer is over, it's over.
I disagree with almost everything you said. A lot of the best stories about this characters came (in my opinion) 60/70/80 years after their creation by a variate of different people. You want goofy batman? You got it! theres Adam Wests batman. You want dark batman? Watch the Nolan or Snyder movies. What about Dragon Ball? Can I jump straight into Z? or Super? Sure as hell I did, didnt watch a single original dragon ball episode.
edit: Maybe we should stay on topic. Im gonna shut up now.

Niki Boxcer

Nov 4, 2017
Mac version crashes on startup

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpy", line 57, in <module>
Exception: Could not load Live2D. b'/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/MacOS/libLive2DCubismCore.dylib' was not found.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 591, in __init__
    common = self.common
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 542, in common
    return self.create_common()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 530, in create_common
    rv = Live2DCommon(self.filename, self.default_fade)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 188, in __init__
    init()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 95, in init
    onetime_init()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 68, in onetime_init
    raise Exception("Could not load Live2D. {} was not found.".format(dll))
Exception: Could not load Live2D. b'/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/MacOS/libLive2DCubismCore.dylib' was not found.

macOS-10.14.6-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24022002+unofficial
The Null Hypothesis 0.4b
Thu May 23 14:35:59 2024

Reactions: Crichton1

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Dang. This is way better than the other game it's inspired from. It looks like I came across a bug where if you piss Jean off, none of her optional events trigger anymore even when you make up with her.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
And what the fuck was wrong with "Oracle, Batgirl, and Spoiler"? Who thinks "Batgirl, Batgirl, and Batgirl" is an improvement?
I don't remember what issue it was but they actually make a joke about this. It's not funny. Since acknowledging a problem isn't the same as fixing the problem.

Green Lanterns
Until they brought back all the old ones and now we got like 5 human Lanterns and a squirrel.

Naruto and One Piece would like to have a word with you.

Hard to not agree about drawing and animations being nicely done, as they really are. My only complain here, or rather wish, would be to have more accurate facial expressions and, as already someone stated, changing of those into more lewd with each orgasm as MC is fucking thier brains out.
It's on the to-do list.

And also a bit more accurate movements, yet not too much.
We're trying. Though there's only so much we can do with live 2D.

Still, having Laura doing blowjob while movement are out of sync is quite hilarious.
This being an example of it being hard to work with lol

And there would be quite a lot more cum on them, but... it simply disappeared from various body parts when they got thier clothes back on.
We're working on this.

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
I don't remember what issue it was but they actually make a joke about this. It's not funny. Since acknowledging a problem isn't the same as fixing the problem.

Until they brought back all the old ones and now we got like 5 human Lanterns and a squirrel.

Naruto and One Piece would like to have a word with you.

It's on the to-do list.

We're trying. Though there's only so much we can do with live 2D.

This being an example of it being hard to work with lol

We're working on this.
yall doing a good job. This isnt a full 1.0 chapter yet so such things can still be fixed on the way... however close it is possible

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Mac version crashes on startup

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 591, in __init__
    common = self.common
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 542, in common
    return self.create_common()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 530, in create_common
    rv = Live2DCommon(self.filename, self.default_fade)
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 188, in __init__
    init()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 95, in init
    onetime_init()
  File "/private/var/folders/4g/7myybq7j0tsd1pm6rwy4w7rw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/E07556A3-CD3B-41E5-A48B-566273B188C7/d/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 68, in onetime_init
    raise Exception("Could not load Live2D. {} was not found.".format(dll))

macOS-10.14.6-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24022002+unofficial
The Null Hypothesis 0.4b
Thu May 23 14:35:59 2024
Am I reading that right? Are you still on Mojave?
I'm not an expert, but the last time I saw this, the error message was misleading/wrong. It turns out that the libLive2DCubismCore.dylib included was built for newer mac versions or something like that.

Nast33

Jul 1, 2017
One suggestion: have the 'asking for consent' dialogue when selecting any of the sex options being asked once, and after they agree once it's assumed they are comfortable with it.

Each time we re-select a bunch of options and keep asking about it, it breaks the flow - like, we've done it 5 times over the last few days, do we still need to confirm it's fine to do cunnilingus, grabbing their tits or sucking on some nips? Once they have enough trust and agree once, dispose of the dialogue for any options they're fine with.

If you rework the system to have them refuse every once in awhile I can see asking them about it as 'are you in the mood for it now?' - but they never refuse after doing it once, so get rid of that annoyance.

aquarrr

Apr 3, 2022
This is gonna be such a stupid question but I need help so here goes - I accidentally changed the renpy font of this game to some ugly large font that ruins everything. Does anyone know how to change it back to default? I'm absolutely spewing at this nonsense! Been spinning out tryna get this sorted and I'm going bananas mate this is just unbelievable FARRRRKKEN STREWTH

Tahaelhour1

Sep 6, 2019
I disagree with almost everything you said. A lot of the best stories about this characters came (in my opinion) 60/70/80 years after their creation by a variate of different people. You want goofy batman? You got it! theres Adam Wests batman. You want dark batman? Watch the Nolan or Snyder movies. What about Dragon Ball? Can I jump straight into Z? or Super? Sure as hell I did, didnt watch a single original dragon ball episode.
edit: Maybe we should stay on topic. Im gonna shut up now.
I mean sure, maybe. but in manga that same thing happens and instead of being the corpse of a character being played with by a corporation, it's a bunch of actual human beings doing the interpretations, codifying the genre and twisting it around. And even in comics, you wanna have evil superman, you can, jut don't call him superman, call em homelander or omniman, you wanna have gay superman, same thing, not that any of this bothers me really I just find it funny when people get so mad about it. it's just incredibly difficult to make it as an artist if you don't piggyback off already existing IPs.

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Guys I've a problem, in winter chapter I got a messege from Rogue and she asked if I can train with her in DR, then I came there to train with her to progress through her story and when she asked me how I'm doing mentally the further conversation frozen, I can't even skip it, any tips about how to solve it??

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Eland51298
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes